1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Katzkin Leather Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by jhuey8947, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    well i know what i want i just gotta wait a bit. cant decide on dark graphite with contrast stitching or the 2tone on left at top. cant find any pics of that installed.

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    If you're looking at the one with the dark graphite surround with grey venter. That one is from my truck. I have a couple of install pics floating around in the other Katzkin thread.

3. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    Thanks. I looked all through the other group buy thread and all I saw was the gray outside and graphite inner. I'll look around some more. Size I know I have seen em

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    What about just getting enough perforated material to do armrests in a reg cab? They are longer than AC or DCs.

5. Jan 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    jspetrovitsis

jspetrovitsis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NEW HAMPSAHHH
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TX PRO
    Toytec/Eibach front coils, Bilsteins on all four, 2 '' AAL, Light Racing UCA, K&N CAI, Weathertecs front and back, Wet Okoles, Alpine INA W900BT in dash navigation, LED cab lights
    what would it cost for the first picture for a 2011 access cab with no heaters? I really like these a lot

6. Feb 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    Same question for me but I have an 09 AC. Just making sure...the kit includes both front seats, both rear seats and the rear seat backs on the panel? How much extra for the center console? And is the grey a matched grey to the rest of the interior? Do the front seats have the bungee cord straps for under the seat and do you have to sew the rear seats on or do they have zippers or something? Sorry for all the questions just trying to cover all the bases lol. Thanks

7. Feb 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Ice Grey is a match to the grey interior. And Dark Graphite is the match to the black/charcoal interior
    The Katzkin are a direct replacement for the cloth. Not just a cover. The only bungee on the bottom is to tighten the back to the seat bottom. The actual seat has a plastic lip that snaps into place along the bottom of the seat.

8. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    babyboi2284

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    Does anyone have any pics of the exact design of the first pic in the OP installed in a AC? If so can you post them for me please? I'm really thinking about getting the kit but I want to see how it looks in the entire cab. Thanks

9. Feb 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063
    :drool::drool::drool::drool: Someday I will be able to do this.

10. Feb 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Bump for sick seats and great customer service!

11. Feb 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    Scotty3

Scotty3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    charley
    Elverta
    Vehicle:
    2011 4WD TRD Off Road
    too many to list
    i ordered mine recently. John was a great guy to work with. i ordered tuscany midnight black, seat heaters, liquicells for an access cab trd. Cant wait to get them

12. Feb 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    Eagledynasty

Eagledynasty The White Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Worcester, MassHole
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White DoubleCab Off-Road
    2009 SWDC O/R. Check Build!
    I got a TRD offroad double cab. How much for just the front buckets?

13. Feb 3, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    jhuey8947

jhuey8947 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 02 Doublecab
    9" Fabtech lift, Custom paint, Leather Interior, Custom sound w/3 TVs, 20" Jesse James wheels, 35" Nitto MGrapplers
    Hey Guys,
    Believe it or not Katzkin charges me the same for Complete DCab kits vs. a pair of front buckets or even a bench seat. I'm not sure how they generate pricing, but that is consitent with all makes and models. Crazy I know, if I could pass some savings along ya know I would :)

14. Feb 3, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    babyboi2284

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    What are liquicells? And how are the seat heaters wired up?

15. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    Scotty3

Scotty3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    charley
    Elverta
    Vehicle:
    2011 4WD TRD Off Road
    too many to list
    i have not received them yet but it was explained to me that the liquicells are like thin Dr. scholls inserts for your seats. they are supposed to reduce fatigue when driving long distances. and for the seat heaters i imagine just hook up to a hot and ground with the switch in between. i will be going to my aux fuse distribution box so that it will be on a fused line and look kinda clean.

16. Feb 3, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    The heaters that John sent me are just that, and they came with their own inline fuse. I tapped mine into the hot for my 12v plug just temporarily until it gets to be warmer weather, then I will be wiring them in permanently through the fuse block.

The heater pade themselves are reasonably thin and comfortable to sit on. They're not carbon fiber thin, they're a bit thicker than that. But that means that they actually provide a bit more padding to sit on. But, each pad is only large enough to cover half of the seat. I put mine on the rear half of the seat, and it fits almost perfectly in that square. I find that I don't need them on the front half of the seat, since I very rarely wear shorts, and the heater pad emits enough heat that I don't notice the cold leather of the front half. As for the seat back, I put mine as high on the lower half as I can, and it's in an ideal spot.

I can explain further and even take a picture if this confused anyone.

17. Feb 3, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    subbed. pm coming your way, john. just curious, why do i never see contrasted headrests? perhaps just haven't searched enough? or not possible?

18. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    It's possible. When you get a two tone, there is an option for the center piece of the headrest to be the same colour as the center sections of the seat.

19. Feb 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    ok, found some here. thanks, ryan. yours look great, btw, you really should post some more pics:rolleyes:

katzkinswithcontrastedheadrests2.jpg

20. Feb 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    aportis72

aportis72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Supercharger
    are these still available to order?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in