Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

2012 Katzkin Leather Group Buy

Old 08-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #141
Nerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Nerodivla's Tacoma Gallery
It's hard to say.. It takes some time and some patience. My passenger seat had to come completely apart and was a little tricky going back together. If you're relatively handy I'd say give it a try. Check out the leather DIY by homer taco. It'll give you a good idea of what you're getting into. Good luck! And like judd said, You won't regret it..
Old 08-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #142
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
As far as getting a local installer, I think a couple people did that and paid around $400 maybe a tad more.
Self installing is a little easier than what Homer Taco did because he installed a CST kit. The Katzkins you don't have to reuse all the wires. Most are preinstalled in Katzkins. The little plastic clip on back seat release that he had to grind off and reinstall doesn't have to be done. The key to this is patience and don't slack off on doing it right. Itll show if you just blast through. Not hard at all.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #143
kyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: PO1
kyser13's Tacoma Gallery
These look nice and tight, how come some of the others look a little looser and wrinkled? Anyone know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
Love my Katzkin heated leather, best mod so far. Here is the link to my 2012 install:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...f-install.html

Here are some of the pics:

Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #144
rudy0077 is on a distinguished road

Army: 404th Airborne
Name: Rudy
rudy0077's Tacoma Gallery
are these covers still available, for 2012 double cab trd sport ? if so please pm me with info for purchase
Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #145
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
Hey John any word on the Redline Center Console Covers?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #146
Scotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud of
Name: charley
Scotty3's Tacoma Gallery
Also are you still working on the custom access cab sub box for 2nd gen?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #147
jhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jhuey8947's Tacoma Gallery
Console covers/ Sub enclosures

Hey Guys,
Yes the console covers will happen here shortly but it'll take me a some time. The price of the hide + Redlines labor is pretty pricey. Unfortunately I have to come up with big $$ to become a vendor on a couple other Toyota forums so financially I've got to hold off for about a month. The sub enclosures was a thought but that too will be some time. Sorry guys.
John
Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #148
kyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the rough
kyser13's Tacoma Gallery
Oh well let me know when you get it worked out. Excited to see my seats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuey8947 View Post
Hey Guys,
Yes the console covers will happen here shortly but it'll take me a some time. The price of the hide + Redlines labor is pretty pricey. Unfortunately I have to come up with big $$ to become a vendor on a couple other Toyota forums so financially I've got to hold off for about a month. The sub enclosures was a thought but that too will be some time. Sorry guys.
John
Old 08-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #149
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2012 Katzkin Patterns are now available for both the Double and Access Cab Tacomas. Create your new Custom Interior with 2tone, perforated and TRD logo options. Heated seat kits are available as well and now would be the time to consider them. There are a few DIY threads available on this forum and I can supply the neccesary tools (Hog rings and pliers) to complete the job. With just over 40 kits sold in the last GBuy there are plenty of pics and brains to pick to get ya started. Pricing/descriptions are below and feel free to contact me via PM,phone or text.

Access Cab kits:
Regular Only $700

Double Cab kits:
Deluxe (Matching Vinyl/leather combined in rear seats only to keep costs down) $725

Regular (FULL leather seating surface in rears as well) $850

Options:
Two-tone $50
Perforated $25
Contrast Stitching $25
TRD/TRD Sport Embroidered Logos $20/per seat

FREE SHIPPING to lower 48 states and actual shipping -$40 elsewhere..

Payments are made through Paypal created Invoice and kits take approx. 12 business days to stitch, ship to me then to you.

John Huey
Affordable Leather
Tucson, AZ
(520) 891-8947
How long are you offering these prices and what does it cost to add seat heaters for the front? I am deploying, and ordering a 2013 double cab while I am gone. But I won't get the truck until May. I would order these in early April so I could put these in the truck as soon as I get it.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #150
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Dont want to be a pain in the ass, I just like something a little different. If possible ,not on the Katzkin web site ,so asking here.Where the perforated panels go...is it possible to order double diamond stitching w/ silver thread, a diamond pattern like the bentleys have? I have seen this from katzkin, on another truck. Also, maybe want too much, and have to really special order form the source, the highest grade softest leather[cant remember the name right now]. Hope I get an answer..so thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #151
kyser13's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is 60$ per seat for heaters, PM John he will hook you up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
How long are you offering these prices and what does it cost to add seat heaters for the front? I am deploying, and ordering a 2013 double cab while I am gone. But I won't get the truck until May. I would order these in early April so I could put these in the truck as soon as I get it.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #152
jhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhuey8947 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jhuey8947's Tacoma Gallery
Pricing

Pricing will stay the same for some time. My Rep does think that I'm underselling by $50-$75 atleast + shipping but I'm comfortable with it and enjoy seeing the custom kits come through. Seat heaters are $60 each with the purchase of a kit... This is my cost plus I don't accrue any extra shipping charges as I just toss them in with the leather prior to shipping. Hope this helps?? Please feel free to text me as well with any questions on install or ordering. This is for sure the quickest way to get a response from me as some PMs or replys to threads are stealth like (520) 891-8947 Call/text JOHN
Old 08-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #153
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pricing will stay the same for some time. My Rep does think that I'm underselling by $50-$75 atleast + shipping but I'm comfortable with it and enjoy seeing the custom kits come through. Seat heaters are $60 each with the purchase of a kit... This is my cost plus I don't accrue any extra shipping charges as I just toss them in with the leather prior to shipping. Hope this helps?? Please feel free to text me as well with any questions on install or ordering. This is for sure the quickest way to get a response from me as some PMs or replys to threads are stealth like (520) 891-8947 Call/text JOHN

Yeah seriously. A++ customer service with John.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #156
GeorgiaXR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
GeorgiaXR's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in this. I got an 05 XRunner does the kitchen include the door panel armrests and the center console? Solid black leather with green stitching trd in green as well. Could that be done?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #157
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
pretty sweet!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #158
Domreis is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Domreis's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a set from John. It was an easy order process and John is still offering the same prices as listed above for the 12-14 Tacoma's.

I'll post pictures when the kit comes in.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #159
Domreis is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Domreis's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Guys,

I finally finished getting my leather installed. It took me about 8 hours over the course of 3 days. I'm sure it would have gone faster if I was able to tackle it all in one day. The thread that Homer did was top notch. The only problems I had was I ended up stripping the built in nut on the rear fold down seat. I went out and bought a 10mm 1.25 pitch Bolt tap which solved that problem beautifully. I had never used a bolt tap before, I am surprised at how well it worked.I also was thrown of by how the leather attached to the bottom of the rear seats, but a quick call to John straitened that up quickly! Thanks John.

I must say, I am quite happy with it. The quality is great. I went with an Ice Grey perforated combo kit to match the factory look. John was extremely helpful and I would buy this from him again!