Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

05-11 Tacoma GPS In Dash Touch Screen Navigation Radio

Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #61
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine today. Keep in mind if you live in CA you have to pay tax. I'll get mine installed as soon as I get it and post a review.

FYI: I was following them on TN and put the order in after reading reviews on there. ( before this thread was created )
Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #62
Ethan
ezjumper8 will become famous soon enough

Marines: 1-5
Name: ethan
ezjumper8's Tacoma Gallery
would this fit in a 2012 or would there be a deal for one that fits the 2012?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #63
Silver Member
SilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverBullet07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
SilverBullet07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottonavigps View Post
Is that a picture of your car? What modifications have you done...head lights? tailights? etc?
Yes it's mine. Retrofit the headlights, and new grill. If you click on the picture it will take you to my build.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #64
Kilokato is on a distinguished road
Kilokato's Tacoma Gallery
So is this unit for $650 the newest version (Model: TY05TC-89151GPS) "G2" unit that is on the Ottonavi website for $799???

http://www.ottonavi.com/product/toyo...vigation-radio
Old 01-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #65
redbeard32 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tice
redbeard32's Tacoma Gallery
Streaming music via A2DP bluetooth

Quote:
Yes it supports A2DP bluetooth you can stream Pandora. What do you mean reverse input for what? for back up camera? Factory steering wheel controls will workl
My Verizon HTC Rezound allows me to output my MP3's to a bluetooth capable device, will this be compatible? Also, how do you access the SD card and aux inputs? Obviously the aux input can be tied into factory but what about the SD? Thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #66
ruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of lightruskastud is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
ruskastud's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really considering this..... Just want some TW user reviews.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #68
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskastud View Post

Mine arrives on Tuesday.. I'll be sure to post up.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #69
NTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
NTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskastud View Post
I have this radio. Bought on Ebay at the end of the year. I paid $649 shipped. There are some on there now for $599 shipped. Overall it works as advertised but it is slow. Changing from DVD to Radio takes 10 seconds or more. Same from ipod to radio. The sound quality is comparable to factory at best. Also, ipod integration is not that great. It takes a couple of minutes to load playlists and I have yet to get it to search by artist or any of the other on screen search options. May be refurbished unit off ebay?

Link to Radio on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacom...item3cc13ab462

Picture of my install attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf radio.pdf (2.46 MB, 111 views)
Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #70
Does this look like spit to you?
Large Farva will become famous soon enough

Name: Who's Barry Badrinath?
Large Farva's Tacoma Gallery
So if I have an 09 with the reverse camera in the rear-view mirror, this won't affect that will it (if I don't get the one with the camera)? In other words, if I order the unit without the backup camera, install it, it won't interfere with the backup camera that is currently installed, correct?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #71
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Could use local guys go check a working unit in person??
It says Ontario, CA...I live there i am interested
Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #73
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTacoma View Post
I have this radio. Bought on Ebay at the end of the year. I paid $649 shipped. There are some on there now for $599 shipped. Overall it works as advertised but it is slow. Changing from DVD to Radio takes 10 seconds or more. Same from ipod to radio. The sound quality is comparable to factory at best. Also, ipod integration is not that great. It takes a couple of minutes to load playlists and I have yet to get it to search by artist or any of the other on screen search options. May be refurbished unit off ebay?

Link to Radio on ebay:

no thanks then^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #74
taco153 is on a distinguished road
taco153's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked one of these units last week. I saw the ad on TN and this is the same price I paid. Shipping was fast too, ordered on Thrusday afternoon and got it the next day. I've got it installed but I still need to add the backup camera to it. Here are some of my first impressions.
-looks totally like it was a factory radio. Fit is nice as well.
-the units processing speed is a little slow but not a big deal for me.
-Blutooth is great. I like how you can store your contact list.
-Audio controls is just like factory. No built in EQ just your basic controls: bass, mid and treble.
-played just all my videos through the usb plug and also the micro SD slot.
-ipod hookup is good. You can control the ipod on the headunit.
-It could use a users or or instuction manual. I had to play around the menus to figure a few things out. Not too bad/hard to navigate through it.
-GPS navigation is good. My only concern is the voice level is kinda low. I have the navi sound level to max and its noticeable if you don't have music on but if your listening to the radio, it's kinda faint.

That's all I have right now but I'll post some more infor when I got a chance to install the back up camera.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #75
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Could use local guys go check a working unit in person??
It says Ontario, CA...I live there i am interested

We are open M-F 9:00-4:00PM PST. Please call us 30 minutes prior to arrival. 909 673 0098.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTacoma View Post

Link to Radio on ebay:

We have updated our processor speed along with a few other upgrades from the previous model. Thank
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilokato View Post
So is this unit for $650 the newest version (Model: TY05TC-89151GPS) "G2" unit that is on the Ottonavi website for $799???

http://www.ottonavi.com/product/toyo...vigation-radio

That is correct, this is the newest G2 model on our website....This is a really good deal if you ask me. I mean we've been selling OEM replacement navigation radios for FIVE years, and have seen competitors sell the same unit or a lesser unit for around $800-$1200. Then again, to be fair there are units for $300-$500, but happens those radios are from usually from China. Not sure about your experience, but trying to get a hold of them when running into problems seems like the biggest headache. Not only are the on a 13 hr schedule ahead of us, and I am always instructed to send emails that are not answered properly or take a day or two...

Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #78
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone11212 View Post
should let us know if they can have an LED MOD done to it also
X2

Quote:
We are open M-F 9:00-4:00PM PST. Please call us 30 minutes prior to arrival. 909 673 0098.
Really??? Hmmm I think ima have to take a day off next week to go
Old 01-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
X2

Really??? Hmmm I think ima have to take a day off next week to go

Took a look at your truck...i like the head lights...are they stock? how much?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #80
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
I was considering the unit advertised here, but then I saw this:

http://www.meritline.com/7-car-dvd-p...--p-71939.aspx

I don't know if it will fit (the dimensions are metric--maybe a Canadian can translate it for me), but it looks pretty good to me.