Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

GB for Wheeler's 5 pack leaf springs???

Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
GB for Wheeler's 5 pack leaf springs???

Anyone interested? I need a set for my 01 DoubleCab, and YotaDan said we could have one as long as someone organized it.

I'm in for sure.....anyone else? Hopefully Dan will PM me back with prices and requirements.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
darioc is on a distinguished road
darioc's Tacoma Gallery
I need a set for my 96... Price would determine my interest in the group buy.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
bump? I might be purchasing a 5 pack soon for my 97...subbed for possible interest
Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
hickwheeler is on a distinguished road
hickwheeler's Tacoma Gallery
I would also be interested in a set for my 01
Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
Uncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clifford
Uncle Cliffy's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: Not for 2nd gen.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #8
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
Edit: Not for 2nd gen.
so start one!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Commencing obzevashuns.

Flakes will be tracked down and turned inside out very slowly.

Good luck, guys! Stay focused.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
Uncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clifford
Uncle Cliffy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
so start one!
I just meant they only offer Dakars for 2nd gen. I thought they made some for our rigs where I didn't have to get as much lift, and maybe a softer ride.

(I'm going custom pack.)
Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
bump!

Very interested. Any idea how many people we would need?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
In the past, 10 people gets you 10%, 15 gets you 15%.

The challenge is always that a ton of people say they are interested, but then wait to see how many people sign up and don't commit. But frankly, if they don't commit, it never gets to 15.

People should not commit, however, unless they are ready, willing, and able to pull the trigger and have the financial resources available. everyone else depends on the others to get the best discount.

Trust me, you'll need 20 "commitments" just to get 15 actual.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...placement.html

Not trying to sound negative. You guys can easily do this if people step up and stay loyal. This site has a ton more memebers than when I did my GB, and almost anyone who still has stock 1st gen leafs needs to replace them. You wont' find a much better deal, unless you follow Doug's (4WD) budget approach of digging out 63 Chevy springs from junkyards and sticking them in your existing pack. But that is an AAL.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
How do these compare to the Dakars? I was looking into a full OME setup, but if the price of the wheelers pack is good I might have to reconsider.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
How do these compare to the Dakars? I was looking into a full OME setup, but if the price of the wheelers pack is good I might have to reconsider.
They are 1.5 lift, and Dakars are 2.25.

I've never had Dakars, so I can't provide any firsthand comparison, but I have been very happy with the 5-pack.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm. I'll look into it. Like I said, I've been pretty much set on OME, but now I'm having thoughts of 5100/Eibach up front So I may need the extra lift the Dakars have to level it out better.

Eventually want to head up to 33'' tires so I want the 3'' up front. I'll tell you one thing...I have an endless amount of info to read up on here regarding lifts
Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #16
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmm. I'll look into it. Like I said, I've been pretty much set on OME, but now I'm having thoughts of 5100/Eibach up front So I may need the extra lift the Dakars have to level it out better.

Eventually want to head up to 33'' tires so I want the 3'' up front. I'll tell you one thing...I have an endless amount of info to read up on here regarding lifts
Yeah, it can take a while to get your head around it all.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #17
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

check out my build.

I have the 5 pack with the AAL wheelers makes for it. Plently of lift.

You'll need the AAL with the Dakars too anyways to keep a rake stance.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #18

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you go 5 pack you can use some lift shackles or an AAL to match 5100/eibach's.

Also keep in mind the OME Dakars are made in Malaysia, while the Wheelers 5 Pack is made in the USA by Alcan leaf springs.

Something you should take into consideration, perhaps keep an American Working?

After market perfromance trail parts is still a industry where a lot of companies are still proudly manufacturing int he USA. Try not to buy from companies that outsource (I know OME is Australia...but even they outsourced to Malaysia). Also, Trail Gear outsources almost all their manufacturing to China/Asia.

Just something to keep in mind

*steps off soapbox*
Old 03-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #19

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
All good things to look into, thanks guys. My main issue is getting the parts up here. Shipping is outrageous for springs up here. A few shops in town stock OME stuff so I wouldn't have to pay shipping on Dakars.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
So is this GB DOA? I can't believe it...maybe you should wait until after April 15 anyway.