Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 3!! Ends 12/19/08

Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #21
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
is 12000k purple? blue? what? im in for 2 black offroads
Old 12-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #22
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
is 12000k purple? blue? what? im in for 2 black offroads
Hi there!

There is a link on the first post with all the bulbs lit up so you can see there colors. But just remember the higher you go in temperature for more color the less bright they get. I would recommend the 6000K they are a slight blue but very bright. Let me know what you would like and be sure to PM me all the info requested in bold on the first post.

Thanks!
~Slim
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok.. I am a light nub... I have stock Headlights, does this come with everything i need to fit to my truck? also, which set do you reccomend for hi and low beams replacement? I think i will go 8000k to get a little more blue
Old 12-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #24
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
So it looks like your wanting just headlights if you buy the hid kit its plug and play dont need anything now if you go with the offroad light then you would want a switch and relay and some wire you put it how you want thats what i had done.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #25
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
ok.. I am a light nub... I have stock Headlights, does this come with everything i need to fit to my truck? also, which set do you reccomend for hi and low beams replacement? I think i will go 8000k to get a little more blue
I would say go with the 6000K they are a slight blue tint but brighter than the 8000K. So far I have sold 99% all 6000K and 4300K. The other 1% get 8000K and up. The kit for your headlights is plug and play you won't need anything else.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #26
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down for two off-road lights, black housing 35w 6000k
Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Put me down for two off-road lights, black housing 35w 6000k
Got it!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #28
alexe is on a distinguished road
alexe's Tacoma Gallery
whats the beam pattern like on those offroad lights? fog, driving?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #29
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Structured hardened glass lens is what i chose i dont wanna say they are fogs i would say they are driving lights but i will have a buddy confirm this for me, these lights are good on distance definately not a pencil beam pattern but you can see for a good distance away.
These light could be a euro pattern wide to longe range capabilities.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #30

I have not personally installed the Off Road lights since I don't have a setup for them... But Socalman has installed 1 of mine for a sample to see how they are and he seems to like them a lot. I would personally say that they should only be used for off road use only since they will project light all over the road at very bright levels.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #31
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
any warrantys???
Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
any warrantys???
12 months
Old 12-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #33

For those that would like to see socalman22's write up/review on the Off Road Lights take a look at this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...oad-light.html
Old 12-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #34
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
slimcubby,

This group buy is the best price I've found on HIDs conversions. Is there a performance difference between the normal and the slim digital ballast? Or is it just the size of the ballast themselves for mounting location purposes? I am thinking about upgrading to HIDs, but am not sure if they will damage my stock headlight housings over time from the temperature. Any advice you have would be great! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:12 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sak View Post
slimcubby,

This group buy is the best price I've found on HIDs conversions. Is there a performance difference between the normal and the slim digital ballast? Or is it just the size of the ballast themselves for mounting location purposes? I am thinking about upgrading to HIDs, but am not sure if they will damage my stock headlight housings over time from the temperature. Any advice you have would be great! Thanks in advance.
I would not worry about the temperature since they are only 35w. I am running 50w in my headlights and 35w in my fogs with zero problems. The slim are in my opinion the way to go, compact lightweight and easy to mount was the reason why I switched to them. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #36
Rock Solid Toy

so are these hids eual light quality to actual hids that come on stock caddys and lexi ?? sorry for bein such a nub but i dont know this light stuff all that well

i use silverstars, they are cheap and bright
Old 12-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #37
skierpunk is on a distinguished road
skierpunk's Tacoma Gallery
Paul - I PM'd you with a ballast fitment question.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #38

Quote:
so are these hids eual light quality to actual hids that come on stock caddys and lexi ?? sorry for bein such a nub but i dont know this light stuff all that well

i use silverstars, they are cheap and bright
They are along the same brightness levels, however on stock lexus etc. they are using projectors so the beam pattern is different than from a normal housing like ours.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #39
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Bump!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #40
alexe is on a distinguished road
alexe's Tacoma Gallery
well im in for the offroad lights in black 4300k x2. assuming you ship to canada