Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 3!! Ends 12/19/08

Old 12-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #61
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmedic View Post
anyone have too much heat with 50w fogs...where ur melting ur housing??
I am not sure if anyone has that problem but to be honest the 35w is pretty bright in the fog lights. They are such a small enclosure with no shields that the light is very bright. I have sold a few of the 50w for headlight and foglight and haven't had any horror stories about melting the housings etc.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #62
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Bump!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #63

Tomorrow will be the last day to get your orders in and paid for!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #64
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to get my light in slim!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Cant wait to get my light in slim!
Soon enough! The orders will be placed tomorrow morning.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #66
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Question ?

Im not familiar with these kits. Are the lights just a direct plugin or is this a new wiring setup that I will half to wire up. I wouldnt mind but want to now if this is the best setup or are the lights made by Sylvania for about 50 bucks at Autozone that are a white light and about 4100k are these anything comparable. Any info would be great. Thanx
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #67
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Comparing halogens to HIDs is like comparing apples to oranges. HIDs will produce more light compared to regular halogen bulbs. And yes, it's a whole kit completely plug and play.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #68

Just what humanoid said... Halogen and HID's are on a completely different league of there own. Have you ever been behind a halogen car and said damn those lights are bright? not likely because halogen are a much dimmer bulb and not as bright on the light output. Now when your behind a car with HID's and even converted headlights with HID's you will see the brightness is much greater.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 AM   #69
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Last day guys get in on this.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #70
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is still undecided about buying a set here's a pic of my 35w bixenon from the last group buy. They are absolutely awesome going to them from silverstars. They made the silverstars look yellow compared to HID's. I love them and will never go back to halogen bulbs after this. Seeing is believing. You will not be disappointed with these lights and the speed of him getting to you is great. He had to send them across the country to me and he ordered them on monday and I had them on saturday the same week. The pic doesn't lie here ya go! Thanks Slim and I'll order another set tonight too for the wife.

Murph

HID Xenon Group Buy Round 3!! Ends 12/19/08-p1010047.jpg
Old 12-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #71

Hey guys!! Just wanted to let you know that the order was placed and will be shipped out to me early next week. I should get them sometime next week hoping that the holidays doesn't slow up shipping that much. Once I get me hands on them they will be boxed and mailed out!!

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #72
alexe is on a distinguished road
alexe's Tacoma Gallery
thx slim. merry christmas
Old 12-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #73
DefJeff is on a distinguished road
DefJeff's Tacoma Gallery
hey bcmedic, i ordered the 50w ones, so i will let you know if they are too hot for it. but it's -35 right now, so that might not be too accurate.

does your name happen to have anything to do with your job?
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #74
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Woo Hoo! My lights are on the way! Now I just need a truck to put them on!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #75
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
Any reviews on the lights?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #76
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
I got the lights the same day I got the notice. However, I don't have a truck to put them in. Mine's being repaired from a rear-end collision.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #77
Founder Socaltacomas.com

What kind of review you looking for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Old 01-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #78

Quote:
Do you still have two different types of lights on yours? Perhaps you could shoot some night comparison photos?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #79
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Definately i will post what the hella 500's look like compared to the hid's
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #80
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I missed the group buy so I went to local truck accessory shop and asked about the HID's. They told me they could get them but they were unreliable and didn't reccomend them. I was just curious what everybodys experience here was.