Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Snorkel

Old 02-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodriver08 View Post
This is the email I got from Kurt. Let me know what yall think.

As we discussed I think the best option would be to offer a flat 'sale price' regardless of the number of buyers. We will handle payment and shipping directly with each customer, if some want to ship them together we can absolutely save them a bunch on the shipping. We can offer the sale of a one week period starting and ending dates we decide. If we end up with more than 6 of the SS135MOD's we are not going to be able to immediately fulfill those orders. We do have 10+ more on order that we will see in the coming weeks and will ship them in the order we receive orders.

SS135MOD: $355 + shipping <<2nd gen

SS170HF: $350 + shipping <<1st gen

Estimated Shipping: $25-35 to western states, $35-50 for eastern states.

The cost is only ~$5 more to ship two to the same place, for example 2 snorkels to Florida would likely be $50 instead of $45 each.

Thanks and let us know how you want to proceed.

-Kurt
Tacodriver08 has taken the lead on this. I will up date the OP as new information comes in.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I think you just volunteered...
Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I never understood these "I want a group buy on this" threads. Just call and ask.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Call Cruiser Outfitters.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
IC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to beholdIC MANDO is a splendid one to behold

Army: Infantry
Name: Isaac
IC MANDO's Tacoma Gallery
Talking I'm not lazy.

So I just called Cruise Outfitters, and they said that it would be too easy. They have done it for TW before, but barely made the quota. He did say that we could do a smaller GB if we wanted to. (5, 10, 15, ect) The smaller the number the smaller the discount. Anyways, think about it. If this goes down, he will need a heads up. That way he can make sure that they are in stock.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'm glad someone isn't lazy. They are good people to work with. If I didn't already have a snorkel, I would have called. Ha.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
They are pricy, but less expensive then a new engine!

Cruiser Outfitters template is actually pretty good to match the snorkel to the truck. I just got mine through a group buy on CT4WD and did the install 2 weeks ago.

Good luck
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'd be in. Could possibly push to a couple other forum's I'm on in an attempt to generate more interest.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Ask them what the price would be for 5 I think that's the best they are going to do here. I know there is not much margin on snorkles so I would guess they wouldn't do a whole lot better than 20 bucks off. But only they know.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the first two and interest was great on the first one. We had 25 people sign up for a HUGE discount. Sadly like with every GB some A-holes backed out. Luckily Kurt is a GREAT guy and still gave us the full discount.
I then did another one with Kurt for the guys who didn't have the funds the first time around. The numbers weren't even close to the first one and neither were the discounts due to the lack of people.

You will never see the prices we got because ARB raised them.

Whatever you do make sure it is super easy on Kurt.

Another thing to consider is shipping. I had 4 or 5 shipped to my house for the local guys and that saved everyone a ton of money on shipping.

Good luck in your efforts.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
oh and if these DB's sign up I wouldn't let them get in on it since they screwed us last time around we had one by signing up then never ordering.

chinaman
equalz

Just so you know if you do get a large group of people together it may take months for everyone to get them. From what I remember at one time there usually isn't more then (10) of them in North America.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
Tacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Tacodriver08's Tacoma Gallery
This is perfect timing! I was hoping that one of these would be started with tax season and all. If this does get off the ground then youve got your first buyer right here!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm down for this, I was planing on getting a snorkel anyways.
***also how do these group buys work? like how the money situation works?***
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
It depends on the vendor, but usually you pay directly to the vendor using a code of some sort so they know you're part of the group buy. Then they wait until they get enough orders in and start shipping.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post

The old way of giving him a list of buyers while trying to get to a certain quantity to get a better discount is a pain in the ass for him and whoever is coordinating it on TW. Basically dipshits not doing research on their own and asking 1 million questions, scum bags backing out, and coordination issues will most likely prevent him from doing it like we did the first time around. I know Ill never do that again.

For the second GB with Kurt I did a "feeler thread" so I could judge the number of people interested and then he just gave me pricing and a window in which to order them. All the payments go to him and no matter the quantity the discount is the same. Keeps it simple for him and no one has to worry about the idiots who back out at the last second.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
ahhhh, I see. Ok sweet. I'm totally in for it. one way or another I'm gonna get a snorkel, but if we can do this, then better for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
ddddoooooo it! If I didn't already have one, I'd be in
Buy it for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
Tacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Tacodriver08's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm gonna go ahead and jump in with a list. Add your name to it if your interested in this for real please! We'll start with 5 and if we get more then so be it the more the merrier. Lets get some snorkels folks!

1. TacoDriver08