Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Custom Standing Sub Box GB For AC Cab

Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Standing Sub Box GB For AC Cab

I built this over the weekend and was wondering if there was any interest & also thinking about making a gb since ive got a couple inquires about a standing sub box for the AC Cab. After trial and error this is what i came up with.

it will fit a 10", 12", 15" sub

GB Prices
265 Suede + Shipping
230 Vinyl + Shipping

individual
Suede 295 + Shipping
Vinyl 265 + shipping

ive shipped these items before they range from $25-40 and if you have a business address its cheaper.

I believe these are fair prices , i went to local shops theyve wanted 350+

its easier for me in a gb setting, cut out same dimensions and pick up the mess once. There some much wood dust its easier to make a mess once and clean up once

Tomorrow i am getting back the box from uphosltery and ill post up the picture.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
I built this over the weekend and was wondering if there was any interest & also thinking about making a gb since ive got a couple inquires about a standing sub box for the AC Cab. After trial and error this is what i came up with.

it will fit a 10", 12", 15" sub

GB Prices
265 Suede + Shipping
230 Vinyl + Shipping

individual
Suede 295 + Shipping
Vinyl 265 + shipping

ive shipped these items before they range from $25-40 and if you have a business address its cheaper.

I believe these are fair prices , i went to local shops theyve wanted 350+

its easier for me in a gb setting, cut out same dimensions and pick up the mess once. There some much wood dust its easier to make a mess once and clean up once

Tomorrow i am getting back the box from uphosltery and ill post up the picture.

I've got a double cab but good luck with GB. Free bump.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. I also have a DC. I've been trying to design one similar to this that would double as an arm rest for the back seat of my DC. I just don't really have the right tools to make it.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Dhawk1313's Tacoma Gallery
Think it'll fit an Ext cab first gen? I'll take measurements tomorrow
Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Good luck. I also have a DC. I've been trying to design one similar to this that would double as an arm rest for the back seat of my DC. I just don't really have the right tools to make it.

I'll try to make one, but you would loose the middle seat.

One idea would be to remove the single seat in the back and put two single seats in the back and in the middle build a sweet sub set up?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
This box is awesome! finally found one I like!

Could it be made to fit two subs? Probably 10"? It looks like there is room, enough airspace as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
This box is awesome! finally found one I like!

Could it be made to fit two subs? Probably 10"? It looks like there is room, enough airspace as well.

Yes I can make two tens, what kind of subs you plan to run?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
kendizzle is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0331
Name: wil
kendizzle's Tacoma Gallery
i was interested in seeing if you could do one for 2-10's as well. ill be running 2 jl w3's
Old 03-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendizzle View Post
i was interested in seeing if you could do one for 2-10's as well. ill be running 2 jl w3's
Yes I sure can! PM me
Old 03-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
I'll try to make one, but you would loose the middle seat.

One idea would be to remove the single seat in the back and put two single seats in the back and in the middle build a sweet sub set up?
Yeah, what I was thinking would take up the middle seat. Which is fine because I don't like driving 5 people in my truck anyway, haha. I made up a design in a CAD program but somehow it didn't save so I'll have to take some measurements again and do it again. I have access to lots of epoxy/resin so I was thinking of molding the base of the box to an exact fit on the floor as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
are the seatbelts still functional with this box installed?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
are the seatbelts still functional with this box installed?
Yes, just have to reach a bit in there.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #13
samuelprz is on a distinguished road

Name: Samuel
samuelprz's Tacoma Gallery
Would 2 Alpine Type R 10' fit ?

or maybe 2 10' JLW3V3?

would it be the same price?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
Expert
wsfisherman189 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: CGC Ida Lewis
Name: Jeffrey
wsfisherman189's Tacoma Gallery
Great seller!!! fast prroduction and shipment A++++++
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelprz View Post
Would 2 Alpine Type R 10' fit ?

or maybe 2 10' JLW3V3?

yes they will fit and yup as long its the same dimension same price.

would it be the same price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsfisherman189 View Post
Great seller!!! fast prroduction and shipment A++++++
thanks bud! enjoy!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #16
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
yo i got a 05 taco access cab. looking for a 12'' sub enclosure. hit me up with prices please to 91950. thanks!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #17
Schlong Connery is on a distinguished road
Schlong Connery's Tacoma Gallery
Very interested! Are you still able to flip the seats? And how would you mount it?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelsMyKuya View Post
yo i got a 05 taco access cab. looking for a 12'' sub enclosure. hit me up with prices please to 91950. thanks!
Pm Sent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlong Connery View Post
Very interested! Are you still able to flip the seats? And how would you mount it?

No because this enclosure goes over the seats. Installation is super easy goes right in, drops in.

bump new picture