Borla 37 23.13%
Dynomax 9 5.63%
Flowmaster 22 13.75%
Gibson 5 3.13%
Magnaflow 85 53.13%
MBRP 16 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
NEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
NEAScott's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to kick off another deal here .. exhaust systems

Looking for some input on possibly putting together a special on some of the exhaust systems I carry.

Some already have them, some are looking. Do you have any in the group, what made you settle on that system?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
i've got the FF 40 series and i'm still not sure if i wanna swap it for a MF.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
NEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Wait, what's meant by having "any in the group"?
The brands listed in the poll
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
I sure wish u could do the trd with the oval ehaust tip
Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: George
11SuperwhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i voted for mbrp... havent seen to many of them on here with it.. but i loved my turbo back 4" with cat and muffler delete on my 6.0...also like the idea of the band style clamp vs the u bolt style the diesels come with... how about a tw discount code?? i am looking at a tonneau cover, drop in filter, and maybe weather techs if the discount is good enough.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sonia
hats009's Tacoma Gallery
the best one with stainless steel.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hats009 View Post
the best one with stainless steel.
Honestly, the intention with this question was focused solely on 409 stainless systems. While some offer aluminized steel, certain brands have their issues when it comes to taking care of future troubles.

Most people are out for sound primarily. I dragged up a ton of Youtube videos, searched the forum, and as the poll already suggests, Magnaflow was the favorite. It had the best tone, and would be my choice as well.

Some of the others weren't impressive to me and were quite close to sounding like a "weed whacker on crack".

Whoever can do up a catback that turns a V6 wannabe sounding exhaust into a real, super cam-loped LS V8 .. you will be a millionaire.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I voted Borla as well. I'm way behind on muffler technology, but when I was younger Borla was known for making a high quality exhaust.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOScott View Post
Honestly, the intention with this question was focused solely on 409 stainless systems. While some offer aluminized steel, certain brands have their issues when it comes to taking care of future troubles.

Most people are out for sound primarily. I dragged up a ton of Youtube videos, searched the forum, and as the poll already suggests, Magnaflow was the favorite. It had the best tone, and would be my choice as well.

Some of the others weren't impressive to me and were quite close to sounding like a "weed whacker on crack".

Whoever can do up a catback that turns a V6 wannabe sounding exhaust into a real, super cam-loped LS V8 .. you will be a millionaire.
hey scott do u have any with an oval exhaust tip like the trd?

tnx, Bill
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sonia
hats009's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't want to deal with rust.. and I certainly don't want that weed whacker on crack sound, haha.

If you have any for 2.7, I am in too.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brny67 View Post
hey scott do u have any with an oval exhaust tip like the trd?

tnx, Bill
If there is something available, it would be purchased on the side.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
i've got the FF 40 series and i'm still not sure if i wanna swap it for a MF.
do the switch, i just switched my super 40 for a magna flow with turn downs, it is quieter but at high rpm u don't get that ricey sound if you know wat i mean, its deeper sounding than the flow just not as loud
Old 03-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
do the switch, i just switched my super 40 for a magna flow with turn downs, it is quieter but at high rpm u don't get that ricey sound if you know wat i mean, its deeper sounding than the flow just not as loud
yea man im leaning towards it. checking the funds right now. though when i got my 40 series put on the shop let me listen to the FM and MF. going there i was set on the magnaflow after research and youtube clips but when i heard it on compared to the FM, it sounded closer to stockish. the reason i ended up with the 40 in a game time decision. haha!

i mean i like it and all but it's just a tad on the louder side of my liking and i wanted that deeper tone like i've heard with the MF.