Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Wheelers/Alcan 1st gen 5 pack leaf springs group buy!!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #201
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
People who got the 5 pack...how many of you recommended and did get longer brake lines, BPV and exhaust hanger? I am debating on the 5 pack and would like to know if those three items are required and if so why?
The BPV relocate is necessary for any amount of lift because the valve senses the amount of load in the rear of the truck. Heavier load, it proportions more brake power to the rear wheels (because you would have more traction back there). If it is lifted, the valve thinks there is less than no load in the bed, and proportions more power to the front brakes. So your braking will not be as effective, and you will wear out your front brakes faster than normal. So if you lift it 1.5 inches, you need to relocate 1.5 inches.

Brake line seems less predictable. I didn't think I would need one, but at max droop on the drivers side, the line was straight with no relief. This means the line could be strained and possibly break, or at least be weakened and leak, most likely at the fittings. Others have said no problem wtih the same setup. So I think you should install the springs, then check droop. If you need it then, order it.

Exhaust hanger should clear (not needed). Again, depends where your leafs are at max droop, this time on the passenger side. I would again say see if you need it afterward.
This was mine at virtually full droop on a trail. It was not touching.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #202
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
People who got the 5 pack...how many of you recommended and did get longer brake lines, BPV and exhaust hanger? I am debating on the 5 pack and would like to know if those three items are required and if so why?
still running stock lines here.

And I chopped the exhaust after the axle, problem solved

Yes I made a BPV bracket out of scrap steel.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #203
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
still running stock lines here.

And I chopped the exhaust after the axle, problem solved

Yes I made a BPV bracket out of scrap steel.
Cheap and effective FTMFW.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #204
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Cheap and effective FTMFW.
yup, I don't think I made mine quite long enough though

Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #205
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I won't be flexing my rear springs. Prolly get some new brake lines for better braking. I just don't know how to bleed the brakes afterward.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #207
To be continued...
Gorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorillazrus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gorillazrus's Tacoma Gallery
Just wondering if anybody has had their axle wrap come back.
Mines back and starting to get as bad as it was before I switched the leafs.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #208
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillazrus View Post
Just wondering if anybody has had their axle wrap come back.
Mines back and starting to get as bad as it was before I switched the leafs.
Retorque your Ubolts.