Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

2012 Grillcraft Mesh Grill Group Buy

Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #43
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance you can snap a side shot like this one, but from a little further back??

Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
installation pics and silver grills

http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...install_id=296
I gotta say those installation photos aren't very helpful, especially for the upper. There is nothing about what you remove from the existing grille. Maybe it will become obvious when I get into it or maybe they send better instructions with the grille?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #45
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
I gotta say those installation photos aren't very helpful, especially for the upper. There is nothing about what you remove from the existing grille. Maybe it will become obvious when I get into it or maybe they send better instructions with the grille?
Agreed. I was just looking at those myself and all they talk about is how to take it apart and how to install the lower grill...
Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #46
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
Agreed. I was just looking at those myself and all they talk about is how to take it apart and how to install the lower grill...
^^^
this

I though I was dense for missing the whole upper grill center removal and replacement.
Continuing with the instructions, I thought, "WOW, this complicated for just an upper grill replacement!" (at the end I saw it was for the lower grill)
Old 04-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #47
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

munkeeboi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any chance you can snap a side shot like this one, but from a little further back??
Here's another picture for you from the side

Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #48
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not sure why it's left out, but here's a picture of what the back side looks like. He just sent me that link today. It could be that it's not complete yet.

You are pretty much removing everything except a tiny lip to screw the grill onto. This 2011 walkthrough goes into better detail http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tall-pics.html

Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
It's part #7531190k00. I don't think it screws on. The thing that concerns me is what it's gonna look like since the grill is flush and whether or not it will follow the curve of the grill without having to modify it.

here's mine stuck on with 3m tape for now (i ground off the 3 posts on the back). It's not moving anywhere. will secure it with screws eventually.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #50
Sunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: RC
Sunburst's Tacoma Gallery
I cannot be any more difficult than when I installed my grillcraft on my 2011 Tacoma. The hardest part is the knee jerk reaction you have when you actually cut out your original grill. It easily removes in about ten minutes and then you carefully cut out the grill with a hacksaw, dremel, air tool or anything else you can find. I recommend making your first cuts on the interior and then working out toward the frame to make a clean cut. Having never installed the lower grill it seems to me that this is where it gets involved because of the amount of labor involved just to get to it.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
I cannot be any more difficult than when I installed my grillcraft on my 2011 Tacoma. The hardest part is the knee jerk reaction you have when you actually cut out your original grill. It easily removes in about ten minutes and then you carefully cut out the grill with a hacksaw, dremel, air tool or anything else you can find. I recommend making your first cuts on the interior and then working out toward the frame to make a clean cut. Having never installed the lower grill it seems to me that this is where it gets involved because of the amount of labor involved just to get to it.
I could be wrong but what i took from their instructions was that there was no cutting involved for the lower. Only needed to put a few mounting holes?? Possibly cause its sunken in and not flush with the valance??? Again, could be totally wrong. The instructions were pretty vague.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
Here's another picture for you from the side
Thanks for the photos, looks great!

Now that you've had it for a little time, how do you feel about it? Still like it as much as the day you got it?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #53
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe. Love the way it looks just not sure I want to have to cut the old one out. Just in case I grow tired of it or put another one in
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #54
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by badphish14 View Post
Maybe. Love the way it looks just not sure I want to have to cut the old one out. Just in case I grow tired of it or put another one in
Has anyone looked into getting a new grill insert and chopping that? I know you can pick up one for a 2011 for under $50.00 from parts geek but I can't find a 2012.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #55
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Has anyone looked into getting a new grill insert and chopping that?
That's what I was thinking. Haven't found one yet though. Still too new I suppose.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
rtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to allrtrudel35 is a name known to all

Name: Becky
rtrudel35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Has anyone looked into getting a new grill insert and chopping that? I know you can pick up one for a 2011 for under $50.00 from parts geek but I can't find a 2012.
I found the color matched Sports edition grille surrounds on Ebay for the 2012's. Was thinking of buying this grille then buying the Nautical Blue surround and chopping that one up. Then keep the stock chrome grille as a back up if I want to change things up.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #57

Quote:
I could be wrong but what i took from their instructions was that there was no cutting involved for the lower. Only needed to put a few mounting holes?? Possibly cause its sunken in and not flush with the valance??? Again, could be totally wrong. The instructions were pretty vague.

Correct, there is no cutting for the lower grill, since there are no protrusions. the removal of the bumper is necessary just to screw the grill on.

I am actually liking it more and more every day. I liked the original grill already, but this grill, even though it's not satoshi'd, makes the front end a lot sleeker. Plus I'll be putting lights behind it so this was a must upgrade.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #58
The only easy day was yesterday
West31 is on a distinguished road

Name: Westin
West31's Tacoma Gallery
I just need to know if I can get it shipped to hawaii 96818 and if this would be okay on my 2009
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrudel35 View Post
I found the color matched Sports edition grille surrounds on Ebay for the 2012's. Was thinking of buying this grille then buying the Nautical Blue surround and chopping that one up. Then keep the stock chrome grille as a back up if I want to change things up.
Pretty expensive. I did find them here for less. http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/t...-04480-J0.html

Also I am checking into a couple of other suppliers.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by West31 View Post
I just need to know if I can get it shipped to hawaii 96818 and if this would be okay on my 2009

They have one for an 09 and shipping will be a little higher since you are in Hawaii. The cost of the GB will be cheaper than any other website pre-shipping.