Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

*****BORA WHEEL SPACERS up to 25% discount*****

Old 08-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #321
CHA0S will become famous soon enoughCHA0S will become famous soon enough

CHA0S's Tacoma Gallery
Oh good, after doing all this research on wheel spacers and settling on them to custom make some spacers for my 5-lug, I was afraid I was gonna have to start over and go through a different company. Thanks for the info! Rep for you!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #323
motorsporttech is on a distinguished road
motorsporttech's Tacoma Gallery
We are still in full effect. The website should be back up later today. If you need some spacers give us a call. 775.351.1000 or send a PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #324
CHA0S will become famous soon enoughCHA0S will become famous soon enough

CHA0S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie8 View Post
Just search bora wheelspacers on eBay. That's where I bought mine. There store is on there.
Yeah I'd looked on their ebay store but they didn't have any that fit my application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsporttech
We are still in full effect. The website should be back up later today. If you need some spacers give us a call. 775.351.1000 or send a PM.
Excellent. Thanks. I'll be placing an order soon.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #325
motorsporttech is on a distinguished road
motorsporttech's Tacoma Gallery
The website is back up. We had server issues and they are fixed.
motorsport-tech.com
Old 08-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #327
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Their web site worked fine for me about 7pm eastern today...

Then I followed up with a phone call and spoke directly to Lenny...

These folks have earned my business and I will be placing an order soon...

Advice from an Old Man....deal DIRECT with a land line and you will be very PLEASED ......I was....

Pix and review by months end ....
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #328
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely a great quality hub-centric spacer

I've got a set of lightly used 1.25" BORA spacers for 6-lug, 05+ Tacoma
Purchased on the GB, but they are too wide for me.

For sale thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-spacers.html

would also trade for 1" or 3/4" of the same type...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #329
nicklikedrift is on a distinguished road
Name: nick
nicklikedrift's Tacoma Gallery
hey kind of a dumb question but where did you guys get these from? and would spacers help with handling a little?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #330
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklikedrift View Post
hey kind of a dumb question but where did you guys get these from? and would spacers help with handling a little?
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

They can help handling a tad, but its still a truck. Plus going too wide can cause other issues.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #331
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance that we can start up another GB?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #332
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
Just letting those know who were interested in a future group buy that it will not likely happen. The vendor stated this was a one time event due to promote their goods.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #333
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Definitely a great quality hub-centric spacer

I've got a set of lightly used 1.25" BORA spacers for 6-lug, 05+ Tacoma
Purchased on the GB, but they are too wide for me.

For sale thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-spacers.html

would also trade for 1" or 3/4" of the same type...
If they are still new have your tried to return them or trade them in?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #334
momo.75 is on a distinguished road

momo.75's Tacoma Gallery
I put a set of the .75" spacers on my truck in July. I just bought a new set of wheels so i don't need them. I have them for sale here.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...l-spacers.html
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #335
totmacher has a spectacular aura abouttotmacher has a spectacular aura about

totmacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Been meaning to post this, and probably shouldn't without the references, but....
I'm also not trying to start a debate, and I'm sure others will have differing opinions.
Years ago, when considering applying some light oil or lubricant to my Lug Studs, to keep the nuts from rusting and freezing on,
My research turned up some articles stating, You should never put "anything" on the threads as it changes the Torque Value.
Didn't matter if it was Locktite or WD-40.
If I get around to finding any info regarding the issue, I'll repost.
Correct Torque is the ultimate in keeping your wheels on.
I'd rather post this and be wrong, than not and have someone have a problem.
Anyone else ever heard this?

CC
Sorry to revisit an old thread but I just found this while searching info on wheel spacers.

You are correct Cape Codder that it can have an impact but I doubt it's significant in this case. Mathematically, yes, it makes a difference. Just doesn't matter much in the real world. (in my opinion)

If the threads are lubricated, it's generally a good idea to tighten to a lower torque but knowing that new spec can be a gray area sometimes. If anyone is so inclined, you can look up bolt pretension loading and a few other equations.

warning, science lesson ahead:
Basically, what often matters most to the bolts is the amount of tension they are loaded with as they sandwich your materials together. The problem is that you can't easily measure tension. The torque equations used by engineers include considerations for friction. If you use any fluid on the threads, it can act as a lubricant that reduces friction so those design calculations may become less accurate.

In other words, if you take 1 dry bolt and 1 lubricated bolt, and then tighten them to the same torque, the lubricated bolt is experiencing higher tensile load. It is possible to exceed the material's yield strength if you lubricate and go above original torque spec. Usually, it's not really an issue with larger bolts but I've seen where manufacturing sites have popped heads off of 4-40 and M3 size screws. The other thing is that I've seen cheap torque wrenches with accuracy stated as +/- 25% of their total range.

If I remember correctly, when using anti-sieze on threads, suggestion is typically to tighten to 20% under spec. I don't remember how much Loctite affects it exactly but considering how critical it is for the wheels to stay on, I would not take much off spec.

Since I don't know the specific type or grade of the stud material, I'd feel ok going 5-10 ftlb under spec for my own truck.

Just my thoughts. Do what you feel safe with for yourself.

For the guys that don't have the nut fully threaded onto the stud, that's a whole other can of worms. If it were my truck, I wouldn't drive on a partially threaded nut. You've basically got all of the force acting over smaller contact surface area.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #336
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
Sorry to revisit an old thread but I just found this while searching info on wheel spacers.

You are correct Cape Codder that it can have an impact but I doubt it's significant in this case. Mathematically, yes, it makes a difference. Just doesn't matter much in the real world. (in my opinion)

If the threads are lubricated, it's generally a good idea to tighten to a lower torque but knowing that new spec can be a gray area sometimes. If anyone is so inclined, you can look up bolt pretension loading and a few other equations.

warning, science lesson ahead:
Basically, what often matters most to the bolts is the amount of tension they are loaded with as they sandwich your materials together. The problem is that you can't easily measure tension. The torque equations used by engineers include considerations for friction. If you use any fluid on the threads, it can act as a lubricant that reduces friction so those design calculations may become less accurate.

In other words, if you take 1 dry bolt and 1 lubricated bolt, and then tighten them to the same torque, the lubricated bolt is experiencing higher tensile load. It is possible to exceed the material's yield strength if you lubricate and go above original torque spec. Usually, it's not really an issue with larger bolts but I've seen where manufacturing sites have popped heads off of 4-40 and M3 size screws. The other thing is that I've seen cheap torque wrenches with accuracy stated as +/- 25% of their total range.

If I remember correctly, when using anti-sieze on threads, suggestion is typically to tighten to 20% under spec. I don't remember how much Loctite affects it exactly but considering how critical it is for the wheels to stay on, I would not take much off spec.

Since I don't know the specific type or grade of the stud material, I'd feel ok going 5-10 ftlb under spec for my own truck.

Just my thoughts. Do what you feel safe with for yourself.

For the guys that don't have the nut fully threaded onto the stud, that's a whole other can of worms. If it were my truck, I wouldn't drive on a partially threaded nut. You've basically got all of the force acting over smaller contact surface area.
Thanks for confirmin'.
Threw it out there, so people would at least be aware.
Can't control weather they research it or heed the warning.
Figure few saw it, so it's probably good you brought it back up.
I've always been a fanatic about my tires, pressure, rotation, etc.
Because they're what keep you on the road
But the tires leave the vehicle with the wheels if the lugs/studs fail.
My post was prompted by a previous post in this thread,
containing the picture below

CC
Old 10-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #338
losman is on a distinguished road
losman's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=momo.75;5459658]Will probably be slammed for it but wanted to post a couple pics of my '03 4Runner with the .75" BORA spacers on. I have the 18" TRD/BBS wheels so they already has some back spacing on them. I just wanted that little extra to get them untucked.

Nice setup! What size fairing? Thule or Yakima??