Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

OFFICIAL KING GROUP BUY from DSM 4/26/2012

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
OFFICIAL KING GROUP BUY from DSM 4/26/2012

GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU EVERYONE & THANK YOU DSM!

DOWN SOUTH MOTORSPORTS PRESENTS...

KING OEM PERFORMANCE SERIES SHOCKS

05+ Tacoma Front Coilovers (SKU# 25001-119)
05+ Tacoma Rear shocks (SKU# 25001-121)

OK Tacoma World, you wanted 'em, you got 'em!

DSM is offering a sweet Group Buy price on KING OEM Performance series shocks for 2nd gen's.

I have pricing details and can help with any questions just send me a PM if you're interested & I will add you to the list and update this post.

We need at least 6 for this Group Buy. Max is 15. Close date is May 15 or when we reach 15 orders.

Please see the post below from Marco for some more info. Let's make this happen guys!

Required for GB (Green = confirmed) (Blue = payment complete)
1. Taqoma - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
2. 6spd - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
3. kevinthefawker - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
4. Nick54 - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
5. ketchupanator - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
6. Dravyss - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)

Additional GB list
7. mgbulldog - Front coilovers (25001-119)
8. Tacoafloat - Rear shocks (25001-121)
9. scarredone - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
10. whiteboy- Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
11. PuluMobile- Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
12. buggin- Front coilovers (25001-119)
13. xct2000- Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)
14. firstyoda - Front coilovers (25001-119)
15. sdheda - Front & Rear shocks (25001-119 & 25001-121)

DownSouthMotorsports 1-888-973-6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Hello Tacoma World

Thank you all for your interest in this Group Buy. I will answer a few questions to hopefully clear a few things up, and then we can see where it goes. Taqoma has been doing a great job organizing this, and keeping in contact with us via PM. We will give him all the details of what we would like to do, and if you have any questions, please PM Taqoma 1st, as he will likely be able to answer your question. We will have pricing finalized today, and Taqoma will have all of that info. PLEASE...it is very important to not publicly post the pricing. We ask that pricing only be discussed in PM's.

Group Buy questions:
#1 – For the sake of simplicity, we are only offering the GB on the '2' sku#s in the original post. No substitutions for LT shocks, custom colors, bypass shocks or any of that. We need to keep this as simple and tangle-free as possible. You guys know, we always take care of TW anyways, so if you need custom shocks, just call me and I will work with you.

#2 – For California customers, the question about sales tax came up. I guess there was another quote which included tax, but plus shipping from another vendor. For this GB only, we will pay the sales tax on California orders. That is still free shipping via UPS ground, right to your door.

#3 – There will be a Loooooong wait time for this GB. King is already currently running behind as it is, so if we hit them with this, the build time will be approximately 6 weeks!

#4 – If we get enough orders for the GB to go down, we will ask that once the GB is closed, you call us with all your payment/shipping info. We will not send the P.O. to King, until everyone has called in with payment. So...if you flake out, you will be holding everyone else up.

Product Questions:
#1 – Yes, King does offer standard & extended travel versions of their coil-overs. But extended travel, doesn't mean you can lift your truck higher. The only difference in the extended versions, is you gain about 3/8” of droop travel. These coil-overs were never designed to be a “Lift Kit”, but rather as a performance shocks. They obviously do provide a bit of lift, but we strongly recommend just running them at 2.25-2.5” of lift. That will give you the best ride/performance possible. Sorry if this sounds rude, but if you crank a bunch of pre-load into the coils, to gain lift and it rides like a tank....don't call us. That is exactly what happens when you pre-load a coil too much.

#2 – King doesn't make a non-reservoir version of their 2nd Gen Tacoma shocks. All shocks will have reservoirs.

#3 – If you would like to run a higher spring rate due to a winch bumper/winch/armor combo, that's not a problem. Just specify that you'd like a heavier spring when you call us with your info.

Thank you, and please PM Taqoma with any other questions...or you can call me at the shop. Phone calls go much faster than PM/emails!

-Marco @ DSM
~~UPDATED INFO REGARDING ALL PRO 3" LEAF PACKS~~

Quote:
Here is what we came up with, when speaking to King about the added length.

They cannot build them to ~27" because of the stem top cans being custom. What we can do, is run a +1" longer rod end, and remove the overlap spacer, to gain an extra 1 3/4" on the extended length. But with the longer rod end, it will also extend the collapsed length by an inch. So if we go this route, here are what the dimensions would be:
Extended...26.04 Collapsed...16.83

Again, it will be completely up to each user, to measure and make sure the shocks you order will work for your application.

Hope this helps...

Also, some members are asking about adding the compression adjusters. We can do that for you if you'd like. This is normally a $300/per pair option, but for the GB we're offering it for $255/per pair. It may add a little bit of time to the build time...

Thanks,
-Marco @ DSM
~~REGARDING 6" LIFTS (PRO COMP / FABTECH) AKA "LIFTED APPLICATION"~~

Quote:
The "Lifted Application" rear King shocks are built to 27.75" extended, and 16" collapsed - BUT, there is an extra fee that they charge for the "custom" built option. So, it's $200 extra to build them that way.

This option is available to you guys, but there will be the extra charge, and you'll need to specify when ordering if you want that option. Same part #, but with a "L" at the end.

Hope this clears it up...

-Marco @ DSM
Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for an awesome deal, just ordered mine from DSM the other day with 700# spring. Thanks Marco for all your help, you guys are #1
Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FYI: The picture above is Tundra coil-overs, not Tacoma. There are pictures on our website of the actual Tacoma shocks
Fixed
Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #5

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthefawker View Post
Put me on the list for front and rears I have the money set for it.
see I knew I'd forget by the time I got home....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
NightRunner
Murdered Out Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Murdered Out Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Will the rears be compatible with an All Pro Expo leaf spring?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Front and rear for me!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
DJ KRAZY K is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Pilot
DJ KRAZY K's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a price estimate? thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #11

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered Out Tacoma View Post
finding out for you... a full 3" leaf pack might need longer shocks
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Price for front and rear please.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #13

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
Price for front and rear please.
PM sent...but if you're in Canada you might have to contact DSM about shipping.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered Out Tacoma View Post
Do you wheel your truck? If so you probably will want a longer shock, I'd not then you should be fine. I have about 27.5" from mounting point to mounting point with my expo pack when drooped.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
What would be the recommended leaf pack for these? I don't usually carry a lot of load in my bed but I throw mine and a friend's dirt bike in there from time to time. I am interested in these for sure as soon as I figure out a few things. Like I said in the other thread, I do plan to offroad a bit.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #16
ToyFanatic will become famous soon enoughToyFanatic will become famous soon enough
Army: 172nd Inf
Name: Aaron
ToyFanatic's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the discount? Currently these are more expensive than anything I've seen. Icons, All Pro, Walker Evans, ect.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
prodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: DoD-Civil Service
prodigy808's Tacoma Gallery
price for rear shocks?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #20

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy808 View Post
price for rear shocks?
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonoluluTaco View Post
Aloha, I'm interested, in both front and rear but have the same issue with the 3" rear AllPro leaf pack I plan on putting in. So maybe just Coilovers. Could you PM me the price?
Thanks, I've been waiting for this
PM sent on price....getting answer for 3" all pro leaf packs soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
What would be the recommended leaf pack for these? I don't usually carry a lot of load in my bed but I throw mine and a friend's dirt bike in there from time to time. I am interested in these for sure as soon as I figure out a few things. Like I said in the other thread, I do plan to offroad a bit.
getting answer for your question soon