Notices

Undercover SE Lux (factory painted)

Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
Undercover SE Lux (factory painted)

Ok, not really sure what I need to do to trigger one of these, but I was thinking about getting a buy started for the Undercover SE Lux. I checked my local body shops and they all want upward of $600 to paint an SE Smooth. It's cheaper just to go the Lux route. I'm guessing the point of a group buy is to get somewhat of a discount on a quantity purchase? Not sure how that will work since we will each need our own color, but if someone could help me with the details, I'd appreciate it.

SVCustoms.com sells these and even has a "make an offer" thing. They are an authorized seller of Undercover.

Thanks,
Randy
Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Voodoochild 2k9 is on a distinguished road

Marines: VMT-6
Name: Randy
Voodoochild 2k9's Tacoma Gallery
Bump ...any interest here?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
Undercover will not ship these covers from the factory. You will need to find a retailer stocking them, or willing to add them to their stock orders (several week wait), turn around and re-ship them with their own carrier (2 more weeks) once they arrive.

Translation ... The Lux is turning out to be a bigger PITA than what was originally expected. I have found it far easier to ship the customer the plain SE Smooth, and suggest a body shop in their area.

Lux pricing is supposed to be about $1100 IIRC. We have the SE Smooth @ $776 (call for special price) delivered to the door. Add your paint cost from there. Locally for me, several shops quoted at $400-$450.