Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Outpost Off Road 4 Door 05+ Tacoma Slider Group Buy - Metal Tech 4x4

Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Metal Tech 4x4
LT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to all

Name: Travis "LT"
LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Outpost Off Road 4 Door 05+ Tacoma Slider Group Buy - Metal Tech 4x4

We have the newest sliders for the 05+ Tacoma 4 Door from Outpost Off Road in stock at Metal-tech 4x4. Figured the best way to introduce them is with a proper group buy. With 5 orders we will take a full $100 of their price. This GB will expire on July 15th 2012.

$300 per set raw (reg. $450)

$400 per set powder coated (reg. $550)

We are stocking them. I will say it again they are IN STOCK. We hit 5 orders and they all start shipping right away. We also have the option of adding mesh or dimple die plating to fill in the rub rails for an added option.

To place your order visit our website OPOR 05+ Tacoma 4 Door Sliders and use the coupon code: OPOR-Taco to receive the discounted price.

As with all orders with Metal-tech 4x4 we NEVER bill you until your order is within 24hrs of shipping. We dont need to hold your $ hostage for a group buy to keep you as a customer. Feel comfortable placing your order anytime.

Why Outpost Off Road?
We have added them to our slider line up as they offer a more conventional material built slider than the Metal-tech 4x4 brand sliders. This equals a much less expensive slider to build, as reflected in the price. We feel its a nice complement to the Metal-tech 4x4 sliders that are priced $200-300 more, that are built with different goals with price being important but not a first goal. The OPOR sliders have outstanding value to performance.

More about these sliders:
OPOR sliders are built from .188 box tube with the ends ramped for performance. The 1.75 DOM-SRA tubing is .120 wall and kicks out in the rear to help push the truck away from obstacles. The step plate is .125 thick and dimple die pressed for increased strength, looks and a very functional step. Each slider has 4 mounting points built into the gusset for easily mounting rock lights under the truck. They come complete with grade 10.9 plated hardware to bold right on.

In stock:
We have 5 sets in stock right now. If it looks like all 5 are selling we will order up more. Any order after 10 may take 1-2 weeks to ship. Again you will not be billed until your order is with in 24hrs of shipping.

Shipping quote:
Our web site will give you a real time shipping quote any time of day. Just enter your zip code. :bigthumb:

Powder Coated sliders: They are stocked raw so if you opt for powder coating there will be a week lead time for them to return from powder. We will use our Metal-tech 4x4 powder coater having them full sand blasted, dipped, baked, double powder coat and baked. (its not cheap but the best) We box them in one box to keep shipping costs low and pack them as best as possible to keep from receiving any damage. Keep in mind powder coated parts can get marks in them during shipping and handling. We cannot warranty the finish for any marks received post powder coating. If you have any concerns on this please order them raw and have the powder coating done locally so there is no chance of damage.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweller View Post
Awesome price but shipping is a deal breaker. GLWS
Agreed. $185.15 was my quote for shipping to Tucson AZ. No doubt these things are big and HEAVY so it's probably best to get them locally.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Metal Tech 4x4
LT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to allLT. is a name known to all

LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweller View Post
Awesome price but shipping is a deal breaker. GLWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahot1 View Post
Agreed. $185.15 was my quote for shipping to Tucson AZ. No doubt these things are big and HEAVY so it's probably best to get them locally.
We have to send these sliders by truck freight due to their size, UPS would be even more expensive since they will dim the sliders out at 143lbs each plus oversize fee. We have sent two sets of sliders to one location and it comes out to about $180 truck freight for both so each person is paying $90 for shipping.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a forward step plate and rear step plate on the 4 door version?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. View Post
We have sent two sets of sliders to one location and it comes out to about $180 truck freight for both so each person is paying $90 for shipping.
That's good to know - get together with a buddy and save on shipping.

I apologize if my previous post made me sound like a jerk. I think it's great that you're offering a discount for the group buy, I just hate that big shipping number when it comes time to complete the order - it's quite a shock to me, and presumably others.

Best of luck with the group buy and with your business.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
mooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant future
mooker82's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Metal Tech sliders on my 80 series Land Cruiser and love them. Anyone in the Charleston South Carolina area interested in going in together to save on shipping.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Metal Tech 4x4

LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Is there a forward step plate and rear step plate on the 4 door version?
Those can be added on for an additional cost. We offer fill plates in either mesh or dimple dies.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
TacoPescado is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
TacoPescado's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone interested in splitting shipping to Houston?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
- great discount, well built specs, like the style. I'm interested in seeing pics of the mounting foot, gusset, hardware. Do these require drilling through the frame or are they a clamp around the frame style?
This...or just more pics in general. Also, are they for dclb or dcsb?
Bump, for what seems to be a good product.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahot1 View Post
That's good to know - get together with a buddy and save on shipping.

I apologize if my previous post made me sound like a jerk. I think it's great that you're offering a discount for the group buy, I just hate that big shipping number when it comes time to complete the order - it's quite a shock to me, and presumably others.

Best of luck with the group buy and with your business.
Check out avid off roads sliders.

OP - good lookin product
Old 07-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
Metal Tech 4x4

LT.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
- great discount, well built specs, like the style. I'm interested in seeing pics of the mounting foot, gusset, hardware. Do these require drilling through the frame or are they a clamp around the frame style?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytocycle View Post
are these hi-lift capable?
do you have any pictures of the brackets that fit the frame?
Any Drilling?
gottahot1 I might be interested in splitting shipping as I'm in Phoenix, AZ
Sorry for the delay in responding, we have been moving into a new shop so between trying to stay on top of day to day activities we are still unpacking pallets full of random stuff.

The sliders do require drilling of the frame, you will have to drill on the bottom side of the frame but the top hole on the mounting plates use existing bolt holes. Currently we have two options available which is 4 door short bed and 4 door long. You can certainly use these sliders with a hi-lift jack and are more than sturdy enough to hold the entire weight of your Tacoma.

Attached is a photo of what the mounting feet look like. These sliders also have three mounting legs going to the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Outpost Off Road 4 Door 05+ Tacoma Slider Group Buy - Metal Tech 4x4-taco-01.jpg  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoPescado View Post
Anyone interested in splitting shipping to Houston?
Hmmm this is tempting, I'm in Houston, and I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of sliders from another vendor, but this has me thinking now. Did you already order?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
OP - I have a couple questions about the sliders. The pics of them look awesome btw.

1. I can't tell from the picture posted (or the additional pictures on the Metal-Tech website) - how many support feet are between the main square tube and the round tubing? In the pics, I can only see where the round tubing ties into the square tube at the front end, and into the kickout tubing at the rear; is there a support tube underneath the dimpled plate in the center?

2. Do you have any pictures of the complete sliders by themselves (i.e. not installed on a truck)? I'd like to get a better look at the mounting brackets and the brackets for rock lights.

3. Can you add fill plates to the far rear (inside the kickout area)? Is this another $50? So if I wanted to add mesh to all 3 areas of the slider, I'd be looking at an additional $150?

4. Maybe I'm having an idiot moment, but I can't find anywhere on the Metal-Tech website any other Tacoma sliders. You mentioned in the original post that these were being marketed under the Outpost Offroad brand to differentiate them from Metal-Tech sliders, which, based on your description, I'm guessing are geared more toward rock-crawling rather than casual/occasional use?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I sent you a PM. I need to know if these will fit a 2009 access cab, and if so, I want to get in on the Houston group order for a raw set for $300. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Okay Houston, I'm taking a leap of faith that these will fit. How do I become a part of the Houston group buy? I'm Austin-area but can pick-up.