Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

FEELER: Tacoma Back Rack

Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: Tacoma Back Rack

I would like to gage interest in my back racks. I have had several requests for doing a group buy on them. The regular price on them is $800.00. If I can get a minimum of 5 I could go with 735.00 and if I get 10 or more I could get down to 700.00. Prices are for bare metal. Long bed version will be additional $50.00 The short bed version is 48" long, the long bed is 60" long

The racks are appx 80lbs and are extremely tough and sturdy. Made from 1.75" X .090 wall HREW tube and .750 X .060" wall on the pocket area. There are several tie down provisions. The mounting surface sits on top of bed rails and is secured into factory railing. The height is desinged to keep center of gravity low whild still haveign plenty of room underneath for coolers, dog crates etc. The top heigth will keep top loaded items (gear, roof top tents etc) out of wind since it wil still stay somewhat tucked behind cab.

Fastenal shipping is per time zone
Pacific: 95.00
Mountain: 120.00
Central: 145.00
Eastern: 170.00

Long bed version add 25.00 to shipping

Please let me know if people are really interested and I will get a GB going

Old 06-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
damn, id get one, but i have medical bills to pay.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely interested
Old 06-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
goonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant futuregoonieman has a brilliant future

goonieman's Tacoma Gallery
Im down for one. I suggest you take a nonrefundable desposit, so you dont have any flakes to ruin it for people who really want one.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
HolyReptar's Tacoma Gallery
interested,going to PM you about a few things
Old 06-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Bodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud ofBodz has much to be proud of

Bodz's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Nice work! Great design, worth every penny IMO
Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
From the the pics, it looks like it's centered on the bed. I'm wondering if it would look out of place for the long bed guys. If making one longer isn't possible, is mounting it closer to cab doable? I've never seen what it looks like under the bed rails so unfamiliar on how it secures on to it.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have it moved back away from the cab besause I have a light and antenna bar up at the front of the bed. It can be slid all the way forward. The length could be extended for a long bed however it would make a huge difference in shipping cost because it would exceed a standard pallet size. The other option is to make it in pieces and assemble but it loses a lot of integrety done that way.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Really like your products, I'm interested in the rack if you make one for the longbeds. Price? I would pick it up, im in OC.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
Really like your products, I'm interested in the rack if you make one for the longbeds. Price? I would pick it up, im in OC.
Longbed is do-able, especially if you want to pick it up, that will help you a lot. The basket size will not change but the rear area will be extended to near full length of the bed. Add 75 bucks
Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
How much more do you think it would add to shipping for the long bed?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Longbed is do-able, especially if you want to pick it up, that will help you a lot. The basket size will not change but the rear area will be extended to near full length of the bed. Add 75 bucks
What are the basket dimensions? Could u make it bigger if I wanted it?
I just want the rear part to be big enough to hold and strap down my spare 33".
The basket to hold two 5 gallon gas cans, a 5gallon water can, medium size ammo can and stuff.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

I would guess shipping for a long bed version would go up by about 100 bucks. Would need to confirm with Fastenal.

The basket is about 22" front to back useable. Plenty of room for cans. The rear is the appx 26" for the short one. Add an additional foot for the longbed and you would be in great shape for a spare. I personally keep all of that weight down low and try to put the lighter stuff up high. Just depends on what you are doing tho, if center of gravity is not an issue then no worries.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The other option is to make it in pieces and assemble but it loses a lot of integrety done that way.
If It came as a WIY kit it would have relatively the same rigidty and stiffness as one that comes completely assembled. It would also make it easier to add length for us long bed guys. Which is obv. there is some demand for as no one currently makes/mass produces them for Long beds.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #16

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would guess shipping for a long bed version would go up by about 100 bucks. Would need to confirm with Fastenal.

The basket is about 22" front to back useable. Plenty of room for cans. The rear is the appx 26" for the short one. Add an additional foot for the longbed and you would be in great shape for a spare. I personally keep all of that weight down low and try to put the lighter stuff up high. Just depends on what you are doing tho, if center of gravity is not an issue then no worries.
So 22" from from front to back, what's the width of the basket? Same? I would only use this rack for moderate speeds offroad on my expo runs,.so center of gravity would not be an issue.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #17

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
If It came as a WIY kit it would have relatively the same rigidty and stiffness as one that comes completely assembled. It would also make it easier to add length for us long bed guys. Which is obv. there is some demand for as no one currently makes/mass produces them for Long beds.
If there was the option for WIY, I wonder how.much less it would cost?
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #18
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
So 22" from from front to back, what's the width of the basket? Same? I would only use this rack for moderate speeds offroad on my expo runs,.so center of gravity would not be an issue.
the width of the basket is the width of the rack at the top which is appx 40" wide
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

I have not considered WIY options, I will gage interest and take it into consideration