Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy: Oil Catch Can

Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
TRD12 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
TRD12's Tacoma Gallery
Group Buy: Oil Catch Can

I was doing research on getting an oil catch can and was seriously disappointed by what I was finding on ebay and other performance websites. However, I came across one company that manufactures really well engineered ones. They are expensive though so I contacted the manufacturer and they agreed to do a 10% discount and free shipping if I could get 15 people to promise to buy. Anyone interested? Please reply and I will get us a discount code to use when we get to the minimum.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/categories/products/catchcans.html
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Oil-Catch-Cans_c_71.html

[Pic in following post]

List:
1. TRD 12

For anyone interested in more info on what the heck a catch can is here is some quick info:
Forum:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/221264-my-catch-can-can-catch.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/87744-oil-catch-can-install-need-help.html
Products:
http://www.upscaleautomotive.com/c-252-oil-catch-cans.aspx
http://www.ebay.com/ (just search)
Old 07-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
If nothing else, I've confirmed that the OP is a person and not a spambot.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
TRD12's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
If nothing else, I've confirmed that the OP is a person and not a spambot.
LOL!

Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful catch can, well made, but waaaaaaaay too expensive for me. Hell its half the price of new headers!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
TRD12's Tacoma Gallery
There are two models, you dont have to get the deluxe one. The "stealth" version is just $117 (after 10% off) and is free shipping. If you have a supercharger its probably worth it to get the deluxe one to protect your investment for just $211 (again, 10% off). Otherwise the intake system and intercooler gets clogged up with junk.

Personally, I like the look of the stealth one and intend to get that one.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm semi curious. Does this just hook straight up to the engine or will I need to buy more hoses and hose clamps?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Not to be used as a transmission oil catch can......Just in case

for real tho...............most kits come with food grade hoses or something to that effect.
LOL and those hoses would be fuel grade hoses not food grade...
Old 07-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Good sport? This sounds Game of Thronesish. You're going to throw me to wolves to see if I live aren't you?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
ee1284 is on a distinguished road
ee1284's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you research how to make your own and save a couple hundred bucks?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
TRD12's Tacoma Gallery
Dont have many tools to cut, weld, form, etc. Would cost much more just to get the right equipment plus it takes a lot of skills to make something with any quality. This one is guaranteed by the company and you can tell is made much better than anything on ebay. Its honestly cheaper than the other "standard" grade cans sold by performance companies and I feel that I would save much more than $100 in maintenance/time/cleaning by installing one of these. Especially if I plan to get a supercharger.

I figured more people would understand the function of these but it seems this might not be the case...
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I had no idea. I see a group buy and normally no matter what I immediately want in but this time....this time was different. After reading your links though, it seems like a great product, just not too high on my priority list as of right now.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You would get more hits on XRU. Personally I think the deluxe can is a great looking product.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
TRD12's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Nobody else interested, really?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Not a lot of people pushing their trucks and engines hard enough to really notice. As mentioned above, you'll probably have a bit more luck on XRU (www.xr-underground.com) as they do more performance mods than most of the members here on TW.

Honestly, I'd love to get one of these on my turbo diesel but don't have the cash at the moment.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #16
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Are most oil catch cans universal? Found one on CL for cheap and he says he doesn't know.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #17
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Gracias Brock. Any chance you know how to hook one up?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
oh great.............I did a search for "catch can" and this came up.

does NOT look promising.

fawk