Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

First Group Buy Bajarack.com 15% off --any rack!!!

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
Bajarack is on a distinguished road
Name: Sergio
Bajarack's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Everyone,

In regards to the pricing for the Flat Utility version of the Tacoma rack the price will be $535.00 (minus the group buy discount) plus shipping, we have been quite busy andjust this weekend we calculated the new price, for those members that already placed your order for this particular rack like Rich we will make theadjustment and if you bought this rack some time ago please let us know so wecan refund the difference.

Thank you

Sergio Murillo
BajaRack Adventure Equipment
2275 Michael Faraday Dr. Suite 6
San Diego, CA 92154
Phone: (888) 538-0588 (Toll Free)
Fax: (760) 539-9960
Mobile: (858) 254-7920
e-mail: smurillo@bajarack.com
web site: www.bajarack.com

Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #42
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Sergio,

That is an impressive gesture of customer service! Wow! I have a couple questions that either you or tacovendor, could respond to...
  1. Do you have specs available for the Flat Utility Rack?
  2. Do you have any pictures showing the botton surface of the Flat Utility Rack? I know the pattern is differnet from the basket design.
  3. Is the height of the utility rack the same as the basket (measuring from the roofline to the top of the utiity rack or the bottom of the basket? Another way to word this question is, Is the utility rack height the same as the basket, with the basket sides removed?

Thank you.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #43
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacovendor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Sergio,

That is an impressive gesture of customer service! Wow! I have a couple questions that either you or tacovendor, could respond to...
  1. Do you have specs available for the Flat Utility Rack?
  2. Do you have any pictures showing the botton surface of the Flat Utility Rack? I know the pattern is differnet from the basket design.
  3. Is the height of the utility rack the same as the basket (measuring from the roofline to the top of the utiity rack or the bottom of the basket? Another way to word this question is, Is the utility rack height the same as the basket, with the basket sides removed?
Thank you.
Here is the link to our specs/ picture page,
http://www.bajarack.com/toyota-tacoma

Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #45
SUMNRFAM is on a distinguished road

Name: Wade
SUMNRFAM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajarack View Post
Hello Everyone,

In regards to the pricing for the Flat Utility version of the Tacoma rack the price will be $535.00 (minus the group buy discount) plus shipping, we have been quite busy andjust this weekend we calculated the new price, for those members that already placed your order for this particular rack like Rich we will make theadjustment and if you bought this rack some time ago please let us know so wecan refund the difference.

Thank you

Sergio Murillo
BajaRack Adventure Equipment
2275 Michael Faraday Dr. Suite 6
San Diego, CA 92154
Phone: (888) 538-0588 (Toll Free)
Fax: (760) 539-9960
Mobile: (858) 254-7920
e-mail: smurillo@bajarack.com
web site: www.bajarack.com

Sergio,,, sent you a pm,

Thanks, Wade

Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #46
SpecialED is on a distinguished road
Name: Ed
SpecialED's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the owner of the first tacoma in this bajarack GB? I am interested in getting the same wheels as him, but don't know where I can find them. That truck looks pretty tuff!

Thanks!
Ed

Old 08-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #47
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Cris, I was looking for exact specs for the flat utility rack to help people out. Doesn't matter to me though, I'm going with the basket design. Thanks.
The official specs.
The specs of the Tacoma Utility rack P/N BR-TYTCM-UT-1-0 are as follows:

Width: 48 in
Length: 62 ˝ in
Height: 5 in Overall
Rack: 1.5"
Flat area: 60 x 48 in˛
Weight of rack: 45 lbs
Carrying Weight: 200 lbs (Static)

Old 08-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #50
YakiddyYak is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation
Name: Trent
YakiddyYak's Tacoma Gallery
Sergio, are you in the works on any accessories for carrying kayaks or aware of anything that will work with your system on the utility rack? Thanks.

Trent

Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #51
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I've placed my order for the flat utility rack and I'm picking it up on the 28th. I'm stoked. I'll finally be able to use that space above my cab when the need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakiddyYak View Post
Sergio, are you in the works on any accessories for carrying kayaks or aware of anything that will work with your system on the utility rack? Thanks.

Trent
I'm ignorant on the subject of hauling kayaks, but the bottom of the utility rack is a full mesh. So it has many points for lashing straps and tie downs. This is the best photo I know of to show the mesh floor of the utility rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO

Old 08-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #52

Thanks for the reply CROM. I can see the spacing of the cross bars better in that pic for sure. I currently have a Yakima rack and I'm not to fond of it. I want something more useful than just for the kayaks. Whenever i put 2 up top i get pretty sketched out. this rack definately looks like it can handle the load and i think i will be able to adapt my "J" carriers to work too. Plus it bolts on at wont effect the finish. Thanks again and I'll be in touch with Sergio soon to get one on order.

Trent

Old 08-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #53

Quote:

Trent
Most Thule and Yakima mounts fit out tubing.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #54
PTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to all
Name: Patrick
PTO's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda some crappy pic's but I just ran out to the garage and took them incase you want to see the mesh floor.
I bolted 2) four foot Slide n Lock rails on mine for easy mounting.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO View Post
Kinda some crappy pic's but I just ran out to the garage and took them incase you want to see the mesh floor.
I bolted 2) four foot Slide n Lock rails on mine for easy mounting.

Now I'm confused does the utility rack come with the mesh flooring or the crossbars all the way back like the FJ rack??

Trent

Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #56

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
PTO, Thanks for posting those pics of your flat rack. It answered some questions I had... And I have a couple more questions for you.
  1. Did you request the mounting tabs on the rear of the rack be added or did it come standard that way?
  2. How difficut was it to mount those slide 'n lock tracks?
  3. Where did you source the tracks?

I'm very curious because I've ordered the same rack and now I see that I'll probably be doing something very similar to what you did for securing cargo.

Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Now I'm confused does the utility rack come with the mesh flooring or the crossbars all the way back like the FJ rack??

Trent
The Utility rack is completely flat with mesh. What you see in PTO's picture is probably his Yakima roof rails on his topper / shell.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #57
PTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to allPTO is a name known to all
PTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PTO, Thanks for posting those pics of your flat rack. It answered some questions I had... And I have a couple more questions for you.
  1. Did you request the mounting tabs on the rear of the rack be added or did it come standard that way?
  2. How difficut was it to mount those slide 'n lock tracks?
  3. Where did you source the tracks?
I'm very curious because I've ordered the same rack and now I see that I'll probably be doing something very similar to what you did for securing cargo.

Thanks a bunch.

The Utility rack is completely flat with mesh. What you see in PTO's picture is probably his Yakima roof rails on his topper / shell.

1) The light tabs were standard on the rack.
2) The slide n locks go on super easy but I would install them before mounting the rack as there is not enough hand clearance to get the nuts on. I got mine after the rack and had to remove the rack to install them.
3) You can get the slide n locks from just about any off-road or work truck place. There are a few manufactures but I really don't think there is much difference between them. They also come in a few lengths so you can pick what you need. I got mine at cargogear.com (search uni-trax) as I was getting some other stuff. They had pretty good prices and to my suprise they showed up the next day without me paying for shipping.

The rack itself mounts real easy but my wife thought I was nuts to installing it the night it was delivered as it was 115 in our garage. I told her I had to, it's a new toy.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #58
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
Did any one take a picture of what it mounts to I'm curious cuz I don't remember seeing anything under that weather stripping when I took it off a long time ago I could be wrong tho

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #59
PTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
Did any one take a picture of what it mounts to I'm curious cuz I don't remember seeing anything under that weather stripping when I took it off a long time ago I could be wrong tho

There are tapped holes under tape in the front and rear mounting points. Remove the weather strip and poke through the holes for the mounting spot. SUPER EASY.

Start to finish in my hot garage took about 45 min and most of that was looking around for my tools.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO View Post
There are tapped holes under tape in the front and rear mounting points. Remove the weather strip and poke through the holes for the mounting spot. SUPER EASY.

Start to finish in my hot garage took about 45 min and most of that was looking around for my tools.

PTO, thanks for posting pics!! Do the slide and locks work with kayak "J" racks or come with generic fasteners that would be adapted? Thanks again!

Trent

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread