Originally Posted by Crom
PTO, Thanks for posting those pics of your flat rack. It answered some questions I had... And I have a couple more questions for you.
- Did you request the mounting tabs on the rear of the rack be added or did it come standard that way?
- How difficut was it to mount those slide 'n lock tracks?
- Where did you source the tracks?
I'm very curious because I've ordered the same rack and now I see that I'll probably be doing something very similar to what you did for securing cargo.
Thanks a bunch.
The Utility rack is completely flat with mesh. What you see in PTO's picture is probably his Yakima roof rails on his topper / shell.
1) The light tabs were standard on the rack.
2) The slide n locks go on super easy but I would install them before mounting the rack as there is not enough hand clearance to get the nuts on. I got mine after the rack and had to remove the rack to install them.
3) You can get the slide n locks from just about any off-road or work truck place. There are a few manufactures but I really don't think there is much difference between them. They also come in a few lengths so you can pick what you need. I got mine at cargogear.com (search uni-trax) as I was getting some other stuff. They had pretty good prices and to my suprise they showed up the next day without me paying for shipping.
The rack itself mounts real easy but my wife thought I was nuts to installing it the night it was delivered as it was 115 in our garage. I told her I had to, it's a new toy.