Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

BruteForceFab Rear Bumper GB #2

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #41
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, I have been thinking. I remembered someone had mentioned putting bigger shackles on your bumper. And i found it. He asked you to put 1 1/8in holes to accommodation his larger shackles. Seems he has 13,000lbs shackes...the ones I have are 18,700lb..lol overkill much..but what ya think? sell them and get smaller ones that will fit normally...or get the holes drilled larger and use the ones I currently have? I emailed ARB to be 100% on the 1 1/8in diameter.(Just got email..they are just under 1 1/8in max)

Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #42
"Toyota Mafia" MORE BALLS THAN BRAINS
ironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billy
ironman44bear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post

Where do you attach the trailer emergency chains?
Read post below..lol...I will look for a pic that shows it more clearly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk View Post
from a pic on his site, looks like there are 2 holes cut under the hitch out of the way?
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Bill, I have been thinking. I remembered someone had mentioned putting bigger shackles on your bumper. And i found it. He asked you to put 1 1/8in holes to accommodation his larger shackles. Seems he has 13,000lbs shackes...the ones I have are 18,700lb..lol overkill much..but what ya think? sell them and get smaller ones that will fit normally...or get the holes drilled larger and use the ones I currently have? I emailed ARB to be 100% on the 1 1/8in diameter.(Just got email..they are just under 1 1/8in max)

Way overkill plus just to cut 2 out with the bigger holes would cost around 60.00..I have the other ones cut out 100 at a time cause they are used on the front as well. The recovery points have a .900 hole in them for a 3/4 shackle w/ a 7/8 pin which are rated at 4.5 tons (9000lbs) with a saftey factor of 3 to 1 this means they would break at 27,000 lbs. There is no way possible to put that much load on them to the point of failure. I can get the shackles for you , they run 25.00 for the pair. I don't think you'll find a cheaper price on them..if you do let me know so I can buy them there....LOL
Old 07-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #43
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman44bear View Post

Yup

Way overkill plus just to cut 2 out with the bigger holes would cost around 60.00..I have the other ones cut out 100 at a time cause they are used on the front as well. The recovery points have a .900 hole in them for a 3/4 shackle w/ a 7/8 pin which are rated at 4.5 tons (9000lbs) with a saftey factor of 3 to 1 this means they would break at 27,000 lbs. There is no way possible to put that much load on them to the point of failure. I can get the shackles for you , they run 25.00 for the pair. I don't think you'll find a cheaper price on them..if you do let me know so I can buy them there....LOL
Cool beans! Add them to my tab I'll hush now
Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
$SFTACOMA$ is a jewel in the rough$SFTACOMA$ is a jewel in the rough$SFTACOMA$ is a jewel in the rough$SFTACOMA$ is a jewel in the rough

Name: Roberto
$SFTACOMA$'s Tacoma Gallery
Deposit sent for a std rear w/ reverse light buckets

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #46
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yup

... I can get the shackles for you , they run 25.00 for the pair. I don't think you'll find a cheaper price on them..if you do let me know so I can buy them there....LOL
Great!
I may order a pair of shackles too (let me check my recovery tool box, not seen in a long time, for the size I have). Who makes your shackles?

OK, one last question(s):
I presume you can still access the spare tire crank down mechanism in the usual fashion?
Can the Highlift jack cutouts be temporarily plugged until you need them? I don't even own a Highlift (yet).

I am stoked for a real bumper!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wait? Shackles can be included for $25?? I'm guessing this are not colored ones?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #48
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
btw: to anyone thats worried about towning with billys bumper hitch set up dont be!!!!!!!!! your truck will break in half before the bummper even breaks a sweat......i had about 8000lbs of concrete forms on 16ft 5ton equipment trailer, which completely flatened my expo packs..and the bumper was 110% perfectly fine...
Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #49
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That was me. I had the larger holes cut because I wanted to run the shackles I use for work every day, no other reason.

The 3/4" shackle is definitely overkill, so don't worry about the capacity. The Crosby shackles I use have a factor of safety of 6!

Billy, I'm planning that HC rear, but it's going to be a little while before I place the order. It looks like you're racking up the orders, keep up the good work!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #50
ironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shedironman44bear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Cool beans! Add them to my tab I'll hush now
You got it man

Quote:
Originally Posted by $SFTACOMA$ View Post
Deposit sent for a std rear w/ reverse light buckets

Thanks.
Got it and thank you

Quote:
Great!
I may order a pair of shackles too (let me check my recovery tool box, not seen in a long time, for the size I have). Who makes your shackles?Not sure, but I know there not made in the US because of the price. US made ones are like 33.00 each from Mcmaster Carr. I'm sure there fine for recovery heck they're rated for overhead lifting

OK, one last question(s):
I presume you can still access the spare tire crank down mechanism in the usual fashion? Yes
Can the Highlift jack cutouts be temporarily plugged until you need them? I don't even own a Highlift (yet). No..lol just put duct tape over them I can leave them out..you can just use the hi lift in the shackle.

I am stoked for a real bumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Wait? Shackles can be included for $25?? I'm guessing this are not colored ones? [/QUOTE]Yes and no not colored..just zink plated

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
btw: to anyone thats worried about towning with billys bumper hitch set up dont be!!!!!!!!! your truck will break in half before the bummper even breaks a sweat......i had about 8000lbs of concrete forms on 16ft 5ton equipment trailer, which completely flatened my expo packs..and the bumper was 110% perfectly fine...
LMAO I've hauled more heavy shit on trailers than my poor truck is rated for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
That was me. I had the larger holes cut because I wanted to run the shackles I use for work every day, no other reason.

The 3/4" shackle is definitely overkill, so don't worry about the capacity. The Crosby shackles I use have a factor of safety of 6!

Billy, I'm planning that HC rear, but it's going to be a little while before I place the order. It looks like you're racking up the orders, keep up the good work!
You got it man..
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #51
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Like the front bumper GB, just posting my order awaiting 8/4 paycheck oh and FREE BUMP!!

Standard Rear Bumper w/o reverse light cutouts and a pair of Shackles!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #52
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Agree about the strength of the bumper. I towed a loaded double axle trailer 600 miles last week with a drop hitch. I've towed a couple of cars a few miles with the shackles and a tow strap. I've dragged and bumped the bumper around offroad trails. I've jacked from the hi-lift notches. All no problemo. A little more rattle can and it looks just like new again.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Like the front bumper GB, just posting my order awaiting 8/4 paycheck oh and FREE BUMP!!

Standard Rear Bumper w/o reverse light cutouts and a pair of Shackles!
You got it man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Agree about the strength of the bumper. I towed a loaded double axle trailer 600 miles last week with a drop hitch. I've towed a couple of cars a few miles with the shackles and a tow strap. I've dragged and bumped the bumper around offroad trails. I've jacked from the hi-lift notches. All no problemo. A little more rattle can and it looks just like new again.
Hell yeah...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
Just ordered standard rear with tire carrier, thanx billy
You got it man and thanks again
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #56
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I took this pic when i first got the bumper. The bumper is sitting upright like it would be on your truck and u can clearly see the two holes for the chains . . .

figure that might help u out a little bit
Thanks for the pics ,man!
I couldn't clearly see that from the other pic, but figured there must be a way.

Can you answer my other question regarding accessing the spare tire crank? I would think the bumper sits low enough to get to it in the usual cranky manor.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #57

Quote:
Thanks for the pics ,man!
I couldn't clearly see that from the other pic, but figured there must be a way.

Can you answer my other question regarding accessing the spare tire crank? I would think the bumper sits low enough to get to it in the usual cranky manor.
The crank will work as the bumper sits at the same height ( on the top side) as the factory bumper
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #59
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
deposit sent for standard bumper w/ reverse buckets

what is the estimated time of completion?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #60
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
Bump

Billy would you mind posting up a price if you're available to get the license plate flip up brackets? That 15 bucks is a great price but I wanna see what a group rate could be

Products Discussed in this Thread