Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Stealth Custom Series Stealth 6 group buy

Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #181
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
So got my tires mounted on my beautiful Stealth 6 rims a few weeks back...... The other day which was the second time I washed my truck since then I was cleaning my rims and noticed that on the top rim of my rim I was missing paint and some metal... So im assuming that when the shop mounted them they didnt use enough lube or something cuz they did a number to it. I know they werent like that when I received them and I couldnt have done it........ Im so pissed and dont know what to do, anyone else have this problem or anything?
If they got all the way down to the metal, that's definitely due to lack of attention/experience on the mount job. Most wheel shops that install a lot of big chrome wheels often use a hands free machine. Some of the smaller shops and even big name shops still use machines that require a manual pry bar when mounting the tires. Carelessness will often cause the bar to come into contact with the wheel and scratch it up.

Try to go back and see if they will do anything about it. If anything, let me know and I'll give you a great deal on another one and you can use the ding one as a spare.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #182
Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS
TonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Sharpshooter
Name: Louie
TonkaToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
If they got all the way down to the metal, that's definitely due to lack of attention/experience on the mount job. Most wheel shops that install a lot of big chrome wheels often use a hands free machine. Some of the smaller shops and even big name shops still use machines that require a manual pry bar when mounting the tires. Carelessness will often cause the bar to come into contact with the wheel and scratch it up.

Try to go back and see if they will do anything about it. If anything, let me know and I'll give you a great deal on another one and you can use the ding one as a spare.
Thanks Vin I do appreciate it alot.. ^^^^^ This guy is awesome!!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #183
Scotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud of
Name: charley
Scotty3's Tacoma Gallery
got some new pictures of the wheels after i installed my new sliders
Attached Thumbnails
Stealth Custom Series Stealth 6 group buy-img_0478.jpg   Stealth Custom Series Stealth 6 group buy-img_0482.jpg  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #184
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^. I really like the stance of these whells.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #185
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone used the TPMS from stock steel wheels on the rims? I know it should be possible, either flip them 180* or use a strap. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #186
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Has anyone used the TPMS from stock steel wheels on the rims? I know it should be possible, either flip them 180* or use a strap. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet
I am glad you brought this up, I have been meaning to. I had mine put in. Unfortunately my dash light now sits lit, so there is something wrong.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #187
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
I am glad you brought this up, I have been meaning to. I had mine put in. Unfortunately my dash light now sits lit, so there is something wrong.
Hmmm, that sucks maybe the installers messed it up. I am guessing you had stock steel wheels before and you had the tire guys just flip the tpms around am i right?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #188
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Hmmm, that sucks maybe the installers messed it up. I am guessing you had stock steel wheels before and you had the tire guys just flip the tpms around am i right?
No, I had the Sport alloys actually. The guy who mounted them is a friend of mine who works as a mechanic. He said if it was an issue that I should come back and he would take care of it. I just haven't yet had a chance to go back. I will definitely ask him about it when I see him
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
No, I had the Sport alloys actually. The guy who mounted them is a friend of mine who works as a mechanic. He said if it was an issue that I should come back and he would take care of it. I just haven't yet had a chance to go back. I will definitely ask him about it when I see him
Oh ok, well if you bring it back let me know how it goes. I actually have the offroad alloys but i am trying to leave the tpms in them and buy a new set, i found a set of used ones that came off of the steel wheels but i am hesitant to buy them.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #190
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Oh ok, well if you bring it back let me know how it goes. I actually have the offroad alloys but i am trying to leave the tpms in them and buy a new set, i found a set of used ones that came off of the steel wheels but i am hesitant to buy them.
Hopefully someone who knows for sure pipes in here, but I am quite certain the sensors from the steelies aren't compatible, but the ones out of the alloys are. I am confident mine will be fine once they are adjusted/reset.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #191
jjones will become famous soon enough
jjones's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires are people running on these? Any rubbing issues with 275 70 r 17 on a 3" lift?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #192
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones View Post
What size tires are people running on these? Any rubbing issues with 275 70 r 17 on a 3" lift?
265-70 . All I had to trim was fender liner. If I had not added more adjustable UCA's I figure my ATKO's may very well be rubbing the front fender. The extra caster I got back helped move the wheel backwards in the well noticably.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #194
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex352 View Post
New Wheels!!!! These things are amazing

very nice!