1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05+ Tacoma Light Racing Upper Control Arm Group Buy

Discussion in 'HeadStrong Off-Road' started by goufcustom, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    AcadianTaco

AcadianTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    N.B. Canada
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC TRD OFFROAD
    OME 885X with Bilstein 5100, Dakars with 5125, Wheeler's bumpstops, LR UCA
    No they are set at neutral 'D position' or + 2.0*

2. Dec 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    Did anybody else receive the "update" package from Headstrong? I havent been on here alot lately so sorry if this is old news or posted somewhere else already. I just looked at it quickly and it appears I got 4 washers(all the same size)...........but in the directions it says there are supposed to be 2 large washers, and 2 small washers.

3. Dec 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    I just got it today also

4. Dec 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    It is 4 small washers, the big washers the directions refer to are the ones that came with the UCAs

5. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    I got your answer right here, courtesy of HS.

Long story short SPC contacted HS and informed them about possible binding issues with the new LR UCA design (specride busings). HS immediately compiled a list of everyone they sold UCAs to so that SPC can send out the updated washer kits. In the mean time they are working on an e-mail to send out to each of their customers, but as you can expect this may take a bit (they have sold a ton of these arms). The attachment should help explain everything.

Being that HS does not have access to Tacoma World, they were not able to inform folks here. In addition they prefer to communicate the update via personal e-mail rather then over the forum.

They apologize for the inconvenience of this and should you have any concerns with the update they suggest contacting SPC (their contact information is available at the bottom of the attachment). Otherwise feel free to contact HeadStrong Off-Road via e-mail, not phone, for general information if needed.

From what I gather this is not a major deal at all and just something SPC engineering feels is necessary to react on to prevent binding should binding even occur; its more a precautionary measure as SPC wants to ensure each person gets the best possible results from their arms.... (end quote)

Attached Files:

6. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    ^Thanks for the info!

7. Dec 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    ok thanks guys.

8. Dec 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Tuctaco

Tuctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD OR 4x4
    Katzkins, Redline hood struts, Pop & Lock,285/75/16 Toyo Open County ATll, 16X8 Konig Countersteer, Icon extended coilovers, Icon rear shocks, Icon progressive leaf pack, LR UCA's, extended brake lines,
    Got mine today also. Thanks for the info.

9. Dec 8, 2012 at 3:54 AM
    HERMS671

HERMS671 Hey there! I'm using Tacoma World

Member:
    Guam, USA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    BHLM and HID Retrofit/Upgraded Sound System
    Is this GB still available?

10. Dec 8, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    No, it ended awhile ago, see the OP.

11. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    Alright quick question cuz its been bothering me. Installed LR UCA and set it to +2.0. took it to alignment shop and got it back and the one side is still at +2.0 the other side is set to a different caster. Anybody else have this? Or is it ok? Could they have done that to get the correct alignment or should I have it looked at and changed?

12. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:27 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Did they give you a sheet with alignment numbers? Did you tell them what numbers you wanted or did they just go by toyotas specs? It is probably fine, that is just probably what they had to do to get the numbers they wanted. I am assuming you told them how the adjustable UCAs work, so if they changed them it was probably because they needed to

13. Dec 8, 2012 at 5:35 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    No they didnt give me a print out which I regret getting now and I told them I wanted it the best they could get it. I did tell them how they worked and gave them the instructions and he did read them. So im assuming he went by toyota specs. It was just bothering me, its only 1 setting off so its nothing to major I was just curious if it was ok and/or normal.

14. Dec 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    I wouldn't be worried about. I think i have seen someone else with the same scenario in this thread. Even tho the UCAs are set to a different setting you alignment is probably the same for the left and right. Actually they might be a little different on purpose because some alignment shops compensate for road crown.

15. Dec 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    O alright thank you for the info. I didnt think about that. I guess I can stop worrying now lol

16. Dec 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    barker14

barker14 sexual ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Complete OME suspension with Dakar leaf pack. Clarion touch screen Sport hood Tri fold Tonneau cover
    I took mine in both set at the neutral position and when I got it back they had moved both of them. They got it to where I wanted though. It could have been the alignment cams on your lower control arms were sticky or they had to correct for cross camber. As long as it drives well and your tires aren't wearing funny you should be fine. You should call and see if maybe they have your numbers on file maybe. Most people go for 0 toe 0 camber and 3 caster. They should be close to that.

17. Jan 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Did everyone do this update?

18. Jan 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    The new washers? I didnt install mine until after the update so i have been running the smaller washers, no squeaks so far

19. Jan 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    WheelinJ91

WheelinJ91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    Nope, waiting till i need to do something in that area of the truck or warmer weather before i mess with that :(

20. Jan 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    good lol, i was thinking the same and wanted to see if anyone jumped on it yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top