Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

snorkel &/OR synthetic rope??

Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #21
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
yea it's the depth of the fairlead housing that i'm worried about...thickest hawse i saw on viking was 1 1/2"..i need 3" to get out far enough to get flush with the bumper walls...

swapping out the rollers is what i'm leaning toward...cheaper option..
exactly what i was worried about.

the good news is the new rollers fit perfectly i know thor had two different sizes one being slightly larger iirc. measure yours and keep the numbers handy when & if you end up ordering them.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
word
Old 08-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
NYCO you gonna try to get a group buy together on snorkels or what? You could count me in for one.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #24
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
NYCO you gonna try to get a group buy together on snorkels or what? You could count me in for one.
if no one has a connection already built, then i can step in eventually...

i'm waiting to hear back from an R&D department before committing myself yet...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Wil At Sierra Expeditions has access too All types of snorkels and brands of Syn line.

I was at his Shop Yesterday

Contact Information:
Toll Free: (866) 507-4254
Phone: (480) 968-9689
Fax: (480) 699-1894
Store Hours:
Monday - Thursday : 9:00 am to 7:00pm
Friday : 9:00 am to 5:00pm
Saturday : 9:00 am to 2:00pm

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #27
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #28
beerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeerking is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Flightline Avionics Technician
Name: Trey
beerking's Tacoma Gallery
A good option is to check your local crane/rigging shop. I found a place nearby called J Henry Holland that gave me a great deal on a custom made Plasma synthetic winch line. They built it to my exact specifications and even took me into their shop to show me how it was made and the splicing procedure, etc. Plus you're supporting local business and not funding foreign economies like lots of the stuff you get online.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #29
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BUMP!

Still wanting a snorkel
Old 09-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #30
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Talk to Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters, great guy to do business with!
Want one at a discount lol not full price
Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #32
DerpWerx Fab

So no snorkel discount ?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #34
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Well..seems someone need to do something..ill contact Will to see what he can do. There are lik 5 guys on TTORA that want a GB too.
me and my friend both want a snorkel too
So bring on the group buy!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #35
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for a snorkel
Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #37
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely winch line first. Shnorkel can wait. Safety can't.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Definitely winch line first. Shnorkel can wait. Safety can't.
Winch line gets you out of stuckness

Snorkel protects engine from water

Snorkel is a bigger and more important safety than winch line

So on that note, GTFO
Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #39
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
You can replace an engine. You can not replace a human life...

I think your "safety" priorities are a little skewed.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #40
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
You can replace an engine. You can not replace a human life...

I think your "safety" priorities are a little skewed.
Lol I was jk man

however regular winch cable works just fine. You rarely hear of it breaking unless it's user error. Synthetic is just lighter.
So not a neccassity. Just don't get stuck