Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

snorkel &/OR synthetic rope??

Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Question snorkel &/OR synthetic rope??

anyone have some connections to get some cheap snorkels and/or synthetic winch rope??
Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Yes both plz. Lol
Old 08-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
someone needs to look into a safari snorkel gb.. I would hop on that faster than a hobo on crack!

Not likely though.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in also on the safari snorkel if anyone can find out something.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea this one?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-3-2-12-a.html

maybe Kurt would be willing to do another round..

and maybe more than 10% off! 10% not really a huge discount IMO
Old 08-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Yeah that's the one. 10% is enough to pay for the shipping, but yeah I hear ya more would be better! When I got mine it was a pretty large GB and I think he gave me 10% off + free shipping
that would be ideal
Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
that would be ideal
x2, I need to be amphibious.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Ya they had 2 different snorkel group buys on here this year. I almost joined both but bitched out. Maybe if they go for the hat trick I will join
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
Kurt is local to me out here in SLC and I'd be in for sure!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down for a snorkel group buy
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strautins View Post
Kurt is local to me out here in SLC and I'd be in for sure!
maybe a face to face convo could get the ball rolling the best
Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i don't think any snorkel is cheap even the knock off safari snorkels are pricey imo. if you need one though you really need one so that is a mod unto itself imo.

the rope i would suggest going to thor at viking he is such a nice guy and only sells top quality recovery gear. his shackles for instance the van beest green pins have a wll thats almost three times of the arb and warn shackles those bastards are forged by hand in the netherlands!

my synthetic rope i picked up from him has been great! my m8000 had 1/4" steel line and i opted to change that ratio by going with a 3/8" 85 foot length. also if you do make the switch to synthetic pick up one of his rope repair kits the sail needle in his kit is great and almost impossible to find elsewhere.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
x2 for going through Thor (Viking), him and his brother are great guys and sells only the best...the guy is also one of the best recovery experts on the planet. I have had a few trips with him and saw his skills, amazing.

I only get my recover gear from them (recovery gear is not something to skimp on).
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Viking would be a great choice...i've heard nothing but good things about their products
Old 08-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
would be nice if someone sold a hawse fairlead that fills the hole in the ARB bumpers...
Old 08-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
slee off road and viking offer offset fairleads i pretty positive that they would work if not just break of the dremmel and go to work on the lower portion of the opening behind your rollers now.

i had though long and hard about switching over to the hawe style when i made the switch to synth rope but, ultimately stuck with rollers albeit i had thor sell me delrin rollers.

the issue is not going to be the back side of the bumper like i had mentioned before but the sides of the bumper anything that is on an angle greater than 15 or 20 degrees will cause the rope to contact the bumper and possibly abrade your new rope and leave you needing to mend it on the trail.

just food for thought if i where you i would just stick with the rollers & maybe switch over to delrin guys if your current steel guys are really scuffed up.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea it's the depth of the fairlead housing that i'm worried about...thickest hawse i saw on viking was 1 1/2"..i need 3" to get out far enough to get flush with the bumper walls...

swapping out the rollers is what i'm leaning toward...cheaper option..
Old 08-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
other rope options..

http://www.southeastoverland.com/ind...id=5&Itemid=33

heard these guys were good
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
these are sweet too....soft shackles..

http://www.southeastoverland.com/ind...d=71&Itemid=33
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
they even have dog leashes made from syth rope!

http://www.southeastoverland.com/ind...d=56&Itemid=33