Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Official Wet Okole Group Buy!!!-Sign in before Sept 16

Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #621
beewerks is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
beewerks's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got some pics of my new covers. I love 'em. I got mocha half piping with seat heaters in my '01 Tundra. They match the Oak interior pretty well. Thanks so much for setting this up!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #622
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that looks really nice!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #624
elkster9 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
elkster9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota4Whelz View Post
any word on when the next gb for this will be? just missed it in sept
Same Here. Would like to participate in next group buy.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #625
Designated Hitter is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
Designated Hitter's Tacoma Gallery
Wet okole

Hey guys, so I had my covers installed recently (double cab sport). The other day I went to fold down my rear seat and noticed that the passenger side rear cover does not have an opening for the 'release tab' (next to the head rest). I can't fold down the seat back.

The cover on the rear driver's side has the opening, and I can fold that side down; but the passenger side does not.

Did they give me the wrong cover for that section of seats? Do you guys have the opening there? Seems like a no-brainer to have the opening, especially since there is one for the other seat. I am not about to cut a hole there either.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #626
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
Hey guys, so I had my covers installed recently (double cab sport). The other day I went to fold down my rear seat and noticed that the passenger side rear cover does not have an opening for the 'release tab' (next to the head rest). I can't fold down the seat back.

The cover on the rear driver's side has the opening, and I can fold that side down; but the passenger side does not.

Did they give me the wrong cover for that section of seats? Do you guys have the opening there? Seems like a no-brainer to have the opening, especially since there is one for the other seat. I am not about to cut a hole there either.

It should have the cut out.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #627
phantomblackgto is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
phantomblackgto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post

Mine had cutouts for both. They can be kind of hard to locate. I'd double double check just to make sure you didn't miss it. But, it should be there.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #628
runyun is on a distinguished road
runyun's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got mine (had to send it back originally since I got the wrong seat pattern for the front)

Here's one for now ... not sure why my interior looks tan in this picture

Not impressed with the map pocket. As I was stretching the material to hook up the velco - part of the netting on the map pocket came apart
I spent over $550 for these...

Will get more pictures tomorrow when I install the rest and in better lighting

Graphite with full black piping
Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #629
TacomaDiver is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
TacomaDiver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by runyun View Post
Finally got mine (had to send it back originally since I got the wrong seat pattern for the front)

Here's one for now ... not sure why my interior looks tan in this picture

Not impressed with the map pocket. As I was stretching the material to hook up the velco - part of the netting on the map pocket came apart
I spent over $550 for these...

Will get more pictures tomorrow when I install the rest and in better lighting

Graphite with full black piping
Call them and they will replace it. I had a few different issues with my covers and they are fixing them all.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #630
runyun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
Call them and they will replace it. I had a few different issues with my covers and they are fixing them all.

hmm.. I will give it a shot. Just dont feel like waiting again to ship them have wait another (2-3) weeks before getting them back

But, I did get a chance to install them. Fronts fit nice and snug
The rears however are pretty loose.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #631
TheBeast is on a distinguished road
TheBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmm.. I will give it a shot. Just dont feel like waiting again to ship them have wait another (2-3) weeks before getting them back

But, I did get a chance to install them. Fronts fit nice and snug
The rears however are pretty loose.

What color combination is this? Charcoal with light gray logo and black piping?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #632
runyun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
What color combination is this? Charcoal with light gray logo and black piping?

Graphite with full black piping.
"Graphite" logo ... although it looks light gray. It's a weird color, kinda like felt. It changes color depending on the angle/light when you're looking at it.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #633
TheBeast is on a distinguished road
TheBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Graphite with full black piping.
"Graphite" logo ... although it looks light gray. It's a weird color, kinda like felt. It changes color depending on the angle/light when you're looking at it.
Thanks I really like your color choice. Is graphite a new color? I don't see it on Wet Okoles site.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #634
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
are ur front seat covers "light grey" or "charcoal?" Im looking at ordering some and thought the best option was light grey, but I think we have the same interior and if ur ordered the charcoal center colors, then its definitely the right one.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblackgto View Post
Well, I finally finished up installing my rear covers. The rears are easier than the fronts. I don't think it's necessary to remove the rears although I still took them out. Speaking of OCD, this is also how I finished the underside of the front seats. Everything cut and zip tied in place.

As far as the rear headrest covers, I didn't see any issues with them. Mine came with holes for the levers and they seem to fit perfect. There's no gaps or anything and they cover the entire headrest perfect. I did get black headrests instead of the charcoal and I really like them. I noticed on my invoice that they did not charge me any additional for requesting the black headrest covers over the standard charcoal. I thought they had charged me $10, but I noticed shipping was $30 instead of the $20 I thought it was (I was thinking two sets were two entire sets, not front and rears being two sets).

As someone mentioned earlier, the rear covers really make it difficult to access the behind seat and under seat storage areas. The covers are so thick that they want to "bunch" up when you move them forward and backward. The seat bottoms are also very hard to lift up because they are so tight. This is one aspect of the covers that I'm a little disappointed in. I think they would be better if the foam padding wasn't so thick. Other than that, I'm a satisfied customer. Here's the final product.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #635
Mine are charcoal centers with the standard black, no piping. I also did all black headrests. If you don't specify, the center back headrest will be black and all the rest will match whatever color you choose for the centers. I think the all black headrests are sweet. I also did the "TRD" logo in black and asked them to leave off the small "Toyota Racing Development" part of the logo. Light gray are really light. The charcoal matches my interior almost perfect. I think the light gray would show dirt a lot easier than the charcoal also.

I do have a 2012 which changed a lot of the interior gray color, like your 2011, to black. But, my daughter has a 2011 and anything that is gray in both years is the same color.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #636
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Folks how are you getting the lower front sear covers so tight? Mine look loose compared to all of yours.

Thx
Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #637
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomVirus View Post
Folks how are you getting the lower front sear covers so tight? Mine look loose compared to all of yours.

Thx
Make sure the straps are clear from the tracks of the rails, then just tighten the 3 straps as hard as you can. I guess?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #638
Just remove the front seats from the truck. For the 10 minutes it takes to remove each seat, it makes the job so much easier.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #639
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Any suggestions on getting those damn connectors to release? I was able to get 2 of the 4 then it started to rain.....
Old 12-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #640
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomVirus View Post
Any suggestions on getting those damn connectors to release? I was able to get 2 of the 4 then it started to rain.....
They're like most electrical connectors, sometimes they can be a little stubborn. Just lift up on the little catch a bit and work back and forth until they come off. Driver's seat you have to pull one wire snap harness and unplug 3 connectors. Passenger's side you only have to unplug 2 connectors. Just work them a little. They will come apart.

Also, go ahead and take the 4 bolts out first. Then you can lean the seat back and get to the connectors a little better.