LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Blitzpro Hawk 21S LED Light Bar Group Buy

Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #882
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind these lights are just a flood pattern. So they put just as much light upwards as they do downwards. What I'm saying is, don't plan to use them with any on-coming traffic or you will blind them badly. I tried aiming mine down to the point I could stand in front of it and not feel like I'm getting tons of glare, but then I get no light facing forward at all.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #883
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Keep in mind these lights are just a flood pattern. So they put just as much light upwards as they do downwards. What I'm saying is, don't plan to use them with any on-coming traffic or you will blind them badly. I tried aiming mine down to the point I could stand in front of it and not feel like I'm getting tons of glare, but then I get no light facing forward at all.
Valid point as well.

These lights are optic less..so they aren't focused in pattern.

Never thought of the light going up all the time tho..but idk of it would be that big a deal with a 15s
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #884
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
The only reason I saw equal amounts of light going up was because I was testing it in very thick fog and I could see the beam shape really well. Oh, and because it's bright as fuck if you stand in front of it haha. I think the 15s would be the same way though. I was wondering if you could fab up some sort of brow to go across the top of light with a reflective surface on it to reflect more light on the ground You'd still blind people, but at least more light would be hitting the ground.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #885
salmontac0 is on a distinguished road
salmontac0's Tacoma Gallery
Day pic

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #886
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmontac0 View Post
Day pic

Looks sweet I'm putting in an order now!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #887
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #888
Blitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blitzpro's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome guys!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #889
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

I want that bumper
Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #891

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Your next mod should be a .50 caliber mounted to your roof rack. Remote controlled, of course. Oh, and be sure to install at least 4 21s' on the gun facing up, down, and to each side. Those zombies won't know what hit 'em.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #893

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
All kidding aside, it looks sweet. I'd love to have that out in the boonies camping. I've been in numerous situations when I would love to have that much light in all directions. What kind of battery and alternator are you running? I need to replace my battery soon, it's putting out 2/3 the CCA it should be and is about 7 years old I think.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #894
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
All kidding aside, it looks sweet. I'd love to have that out in the boonies camping. I've been in numerous situations when I would love to have that much light in all directions. What kind of battery and alternator are you running? I need to replace my battery soon, it's putting out 2/3 the CCA it should be and is about 7 years old I think.
Right now just a red top optimum and stock alternator.

But I'm going to order a yellow top tomorrow for my second battery and some nice 4ga wire as well as a nice battery isolator. Then I'm going to get a GM CS144 180amp alternator to swap in. Then ill be good I think electrically. I mean all but 8 of the lights are led so power draw isn't like massive..still a lot but not killer. With my 4hids and the mirror lights and 21s's I get a 2v drop mostly from the HIDs..would be a lot more with my lightforces and piaa fogs on too ha but the yellow top and 180amp alternator will rid me of that issue a ton. Lucky for me with how I wired up the truck it'll be super easy to swap all my lights over to the second battery too

After I get this montage of lights wired up and second battery I'm going to redo my stereo system as my head unit died and I'm going to drastically down size from two type X subs to one haha

But yes..the 360* lighting is going to be very nice with the 4 rear ones too. And bed lights will be very handy. I think the most useful ones will be my over head camping lights using two 3lrs. Will be great.

I can't wait to see all of these outside though and on a trail!

So for the paragraph. Keep an eye on my build for the dual setup. Should start that next week but I'm going to socks dale for Barrett Jackson so won't have it finished for a while..
Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #895

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
haha OK I'll keep an eye on your build thread. I think for my purposes I'll just get a red top. Yellow top sounds nice for the deep cycle ability of it, but I think I need the cranking amps in the winter when it's -20 out
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #897
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going dual battery I think it would be best to get the same kind. Are you going to also run an inverter? What alternator are you going to get (green machine, boyle?) Check out your local alternator rebuilders too, they can do it for you pretty cheap.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #898
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
If you are going dual battery I think it would be best to get the same kind. Are you going to also run an inverter? What alternator are you going to get (green machine, boyle?) Check out your local alternator rebuilders too, they can do it for you pretty cheap.
No you only need the same batteries for running in parallel.

Running a deep cycle battery is e way to go on you isolated battery since it'll be off the alternator unless I want it via switch and a 500amp relay. I want the deep cycle as it'll be able to be drain a lot and then recharged with no problem. The red top isn't designed to do that. So it'll basically be stock and recharging all the time.

I will have an inverter in the cab at some point yes. I. Also planning on a fridge/freezer and electric blanket in the RTT. That why I want the isolation so the blanket and fridge and any lights I want on can run without draining the main starter battery so my truck will always start in the morning.

I'm going t run a GM CS144 alternator. It works better then upgrading the stock one to a HO. why? Because the cs144 has a high output at idle and lower rpms then a HO one since a HO basically need to be spun very fast to even start charging. They are also pretty cheap refurbished. About 120 bucks.

Here are the writes that made me go with a CS144 and basically how ill do my dual setup.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...fe-(-02-Tacoma)
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....51&postcount=1

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...3-upgrade.html

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...y-setup-for-50
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #900
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my light bar Tuesday! BooooooYahhhhhhh