Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Treadwright GB?

Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #561
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
not a b2b set, right? i believe that is only way to request
Yea I didn't get B2B.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #562
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
You can request as long as you order 4 or 5
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #563
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
You can request as long as you order 4 or 5
Makes sense. I'm stoked to get mine in!

These tires are good to be mounted at any tire shop correct? I just ask because I know it comes with specific instructions with mounting and balancing I believe. Just hoping to get it done right the first time.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #564
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
What's b2b?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #565
BS1981 is on a distinguished road

EMS: Onsite Medical, Amazon.com
Name: Greg
BS1981's Tacoma Gallery
Bead to Bead (B2B)
Old 06-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #566
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Makes sense. I'm stoked to get mine in!

These tires are good to be mounted at any tire shop correct? I just ask because I know it comes with specific instructions with mounting and balancing I believe. Just hoping to get it done right the first time.
any shop should be fine with them.. make sure they are balanced "statically" !
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #567
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well mine got rebalanced. Gonna pick the truck up in a lil. Hopefully ill notice a change
Old 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #568
tahoe_babbs will become famous soon enough
Name: Ryan
tahoe_babbs's Tacoma Gallery
tread separation

Hello everyone. Just a little status update on the set of five Guardog tires that I ordered 6 months ago. Thus far I have had two of them fail on me. The first one happened a few months ago and there was an eight to ten inch section of separation where the tread overlaps onto the sidewall. The second one just happened and a whole lug separated and contiued to separate (tear) into the next one as well. Neither time did I lose air in the tires or control of the vehicle. They were quick to respond and sent out another tire within a week or two the first time. Oh, and I haven't even had any offroad trips yet (besides in the snow) so there isn't any rock damage to cause it. We will see how this second one goes. Their customer service has been great at least. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Treadwright GB?-20130416_082834.jpg   Treadwright GB?-20130613_114930.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #569

Well I got them rebalanced statically. Feel they are worse now then before..
Old 06-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #570
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I wheeled the absolute hell out of my guard dogs and never had any problems. But mine were from when you could pick side walls.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #571
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
i think these are like any other product. will mostly do well, a few flaws come through. how many now, thats the important question. but from what i hear customer service is awesome, and the fact that you had those 2 issues and no tire pressure was lost speaks well of them
Old 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #572
tahoe_babbs will become famous soon enough
Name: Ryan
tahoe_babbs's Tacoma Gallery
Two out of five though is pretty bad odds. Maybe it's limited to my order? But I hate to think that the other three might develop a separation and I won't be so lucky. I have a 3 month old now to think about. The holding air part, I believe, is the carcass holding air and their product falling off of it. But yes, I am happy that it wasn't a blowout. On another note, shouldn't this thread be moved out of the group buy section?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #573
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe_babbs View Post
Two out of five though is pretty bad odds. Maybe it's limited to my order? But I hate to think that the other three might develop a separation and I won't be so lucky. I have a 3 month old now to think about. The holding air part, I believe, is the carcass holding air and their product falling off of it. But yes, I am happy that it wasn't a blowout. On another note, shouldn't this thread be moved out of the group buy section?
I put 17k plus on mine. Before someone hit my last runner and totaled it. I was never afraid to put my daughter in it.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #574
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered Monday morning and was told my 265/75R16 Guard Dog's were 1-2 weeks out...

but look what arrived today

Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #575
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Cool!Once you get them mounted and on your truck can you measure their height for me plz n thx?
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #576
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Just in case anyone is ordering soon!!!

Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #577
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
Just in case anyone is ordering soon!!!

Wow, jump on it if your considering
Old 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #578
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Shucks could've saved $10 more dollars lol! I used '5percent' even over the phone. Still a good price saved about $25.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #579
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe_babbs View Post
Hello everyone. Just a little status update on the set of five Guardog tires that I ordered 6 months ago. Thus far I have had two of them fail on me. The first one happened a few months ago and there was an eight to ten inch section of separation where the tread overlaps onto the sidewall. The second one just happened and a whole lug separated and contiued to separate (tear) into the next one as well. Neither time did I lose air in the tires or control of the vehicle. They were quick to respond and sent out another tire within a week or two the first time. Oh, and I haven't even had any offroad trips yet (besides in the snow) so there isn't any rock damage to cause it. We will see how this second one goes. Their customer service has been great at least. Cheers.
Maybe your tires were made on a Friday?...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Well I got them rebalanced statically. Feel they are worse now then before..
Ask if you can watch the tire-guy spin the wheel on the tire machine. It took 3 tries on mine, but the 2 first times were at a CJ's Tire and insisted on dynamic balancing then Equal bags " these will work" BS. Didn't work for shit. Went to Kantner's tire in Shoemakersville, they vacuumed all the sand (equal) out of them, mounted green dot out and static balanced them. Smooth as butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
i think these are like any other product. will mostly do well, a few flaws come through. how many now, thats the important question. but from what i hear customer service is awesome, and the fact that you had those 2 issues and no tire pressure was lost speaks well of them
Yeah, how many sets do they sell in a year? Defects are bound to happen.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #580
Banned
Also, I read a lot about duratrac s slicing open on trails regularly. And they are double the price. At 120/tire it's a great investment for what's offered. And the b2b is supposed to be a better tire