Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Treadwright GB?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #621
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are on Nitto Terra Grappler casings
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #622
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Mine are on Nitto Terra Grappler casings
thats surprising...
Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #623
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
thats surprising...
Yea maybe it's just poor balancing jobs by the guys at DT.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #624
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFG AT casings.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #625
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I have BFG AT casings.
Do you know how much weight (ounces) it took to balance yours? and is it just the inside of the wheels that have weights or did they split em in and out?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #626
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you know how much weight (ounces) it took to balance yours? and is it just the inside of the wheels that have weights or did they split em in and out?
Just inside and from what I remember, he didn't use much. One gave him a little trouble but that was it. It was several beers, er, years ago though.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #627
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
took my truck back to tire warehouse, they gave me some shit, didnt want to rebalance them, talked down their nose to me for running retreads, still refused to follow the balancing directions from treadwright, so i just caved and said fuck it, balance them as you would a normal tire, because they were fucking horrible, and honestly anything wouldve been better than what they were. they felt square, and shook so bad i thought the front end was gonna just puke itself all over the road. so the only reason i went back to this place is because they have the Hunter GSP-9700 balancing machine, which is supposed to be magical i guess. the guy re-calibrated the whole machine right in front of me, then went to work with a "smart balance" as the machine called it. its just a normal dynamic balance, but it has a laser that shows the tech where to put the weights, and how much weights to put on in the certain spots, even rotates the tire to that perfect spot where it wants the weight.... which is good, makes it pretty much fool proof. they all took anywhere from 3oz, to 10oz on the worst one. all of them zeroed out without chasing for weight, and now the truck is like night and day. rides just like glass, so it actually worked. weights on both sides, that i have to paint now to match the wheels, but im happy. no more shaking!!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #628
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I ditched mine because of horrible balance numbers and shaking.. Got me some duratracs, no more shaking at all. After running retreads for 7 months and them being junk (other than offroad use) I strongly believe you get what you pay for
Old 07-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #629

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I ditched mine because of horrible balance numbers and shaking.. Got me some duratracs, no more shaking at all. After running retreads for 7 months and them being junk (other than offroad use) I strongly believe you get what you pay for
i dont know how true this is.... for the price of duratracs, i wouldve gotten the MT-Rs with kevlar. either way, youre looking at double the price. idk, this is my second set of treadwrights, and i like them. this set scared me for a minute, but i ended up getting it worked out, so im good.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #630
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont know how true this is.... for the price of duratracs, i wouldve gotten the MT-Rs with kevlar. either way, youre looking at double the price. idk, this is my second set of treadwrights, and i like them. this set scared me for a minute, but i ended up getting it worked out, so im good.
Lucky. I'm gonna try and take it to another DT sometime this week to seeing they can solve my issues. If I took it to another tire shop other than DT, around how much would they charge for balancing?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #631

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lucky. I'm gonna try and take it to another DT sometime this week to seeing they can solve my issues. If I took it to another tire shop other than DT, around how much would they charge for balancing?
mine cost me 40 bucks, both times. Go to hunters website, and locate a shop near you with a GSP-9700 balancing machine, and take it there. then just tell them to balance the tires dynamically, or "smartbalance." its the same thing, but mine came out awesome. they did take quite a bit of weight, but who cares, one tire/wheel combo on my truck is like 140lbs...
Old 07-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #632
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
mine cost me 40 bucks, both times. Go to hunters website, and locate a shop near you with a GSP-9700 balancing machine, and take it there. then just tell them to balance the tires dynamically, or "smartbalance." its the same thing, but mine came out awesome. they did take quite a bit of weight, but who cares, one tire/wheel combo on my truck is like 140lbs...
Cool thanks. Hopefully mine don't have to take up TOO MUCH weight, but it'd be great to get it fixed. I located two DT's (none of which I initially took my truck to) that have the GSP-9700 and I'll give it a shot there since I don't think they'll charge me for rebalancing hopefully.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #633
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You could do that however I chose an AT because my truck doesn't see as much dirt as I would like. And nah not double the price. It woulda been about 200 more if I had bought 4 tires not 5. And im just giving my experience. My experience with them sucked.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #634
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Dealing with a couple negative Nancy's here at a different Discount Tire lol. Trying to solve my balancing issues.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #635
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Just went for a rebalance and found out one tire is seperated. Pic to come in TW Live. So pissed. Does anyone have the # FOR treadwright? 12k miles on them.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #636
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
I just used dyna beads to balance. no new vibrations.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #637
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
Just went for a rebalance and found out one tire is seperated. Pic to come in TW Live. So pissed. Does anyone have the # FOR treadwright? 12k miles on them.
You could check their website. Pretty sure it's listed there somewhere.