Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Round 10 - HID Projector Retrofit Group Buy

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It's a safety feature guys. It allows you to see better.. Thats a way to justify it!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #22
aparks18 is on a distinguished road
aparks18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebassusmc View Post
please add your name to the most recent list.
1.CayucosTacoma- FXR Stage 3 Kit
2. Parboy - stage 3 mini D2S with halo's
3. bw504 - FXR Stage III Kit
4. THP - FXR Stage III Kit
5. aparks18 - FXR Stage III Kit
6. sebassusmc-FXR stage 3 kit
1. CayucosTacoma- FXR Stage 3 Kit
6. DaKingTaco - FXR Stage III Kit
7. Pugga - Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III kit (possibly halos)
8. sebassusmc-FXR stage 3 kit

you missed a couple people. fixed it for you
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparks18 View Post
you missed a couple people. fixed it for you
Thanks, I gotta make sure I hit it this time!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #24
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Still loving mine! The stuff from TRS is flawless here's mine for a little more motivation for you guys that are on the edge.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #25
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Also, this might help those on the fence between H1 and D2S. This was posted by Matt from TRS over at HID Planet:
For the most part, the performance of the Mini D2S and Mini H1 projectors is even, but I will highlight some of the small differences below:

1) Beam uniformity: The Mini D2S is a bit better in this category, with slightly more even-ness in its output.
2) Beam Width: The Mini H1 is slightly wider here
3) High beam performance: The Mini D2S has a brighter, more defined high beam (bi-xenon) output
4) Cutoff color/sharpness: The projectors are even, since they use the same exact lens - giving them a sharp and colorful cutoff line.
5) Bulb type used: Obviously the H1 takes H1 and D2S takes D2S, and we feel that D2S bulbs offer a bit more precision, though no more light.
6) Size: The D2S version is about 1/2" shorter in overall depth, but is also barely wider and a little bit taller than the H1 version.
7) Modification to your OEM housing: the diameter of the mounting shaft on the H1 is 22mm, whereas it's 32mm on the D2S model, so you probably wont have to modify anything at all when using the MH1, whereas you will likely have to just widen the diameter of the existing bulb opening to use the D2S projector.

Therefore, if you value the categories more than the H1 wins, you should probably go that route - and vice versa for the D2S model.

Personally I just "like" the D2S model more since I favor the categories that it outshines the H1 model more in, but ultimately its up to you - since both should fit your vehicle with little to no modifications at all.
Also, this is one of the best comparisions I could find on the beam patterns:
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-FX-IS-e46-LR3

Based on all this, I'm on the fence between D2S with better bulbs or H1.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #26
aparks18 is on a distinguished road
aparks18's Tacoma Gallery
every retrofit I've seen it looks like the mini h1 is a lot brighter than the d2s
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
every retrofit I've seen it looks like the mini h1 is a lot brighter than the d2s
You can't go wrong with either...I went with the H1, nice and bright still love mine 2 months later...I find every opportunity to go drive somewhere at night!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #28

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know what you mean... I sent an e-mail to TRS asking about the bulb upgrades fro the D2S. The D2S seems to have a much better high beam so if the better bulbs can make for a better low beam, or at least comparable to the H1, then I'm sticking with the D2S. I'm actually surprised Matt at TRS seems to like the D2S better (at least he used to, that quote is kinda old and pre dated the V5 version of the H1)...
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
1. CayucosTacoma- FXR Stage 3 Kit
6. DaKingTaco - FXR Stage III Kit
7. Pugga - Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III kit (possibly halos)
8. sebassusmc-FXR stage 3 kit
9. ouyin2000 - FXR Stage III
Old 09-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #30

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, little over 1/3 of the way!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
im prob gana jump in on this too but im inbetween the H1 and D2s anyone have anymore comparison shots or experience with either install/ operation wise?
Old 09-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #32

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
im prob gana jump in on this too but im inbetween the H1 and D2s anyone have anymore comparison shots or experience with either install/ operation wise?
Check out the link I posted above and there are a lot of reviews and personal opinions on HID Planet. I googled D2S vs. H1 and came up with a lot of great information.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #33
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Install for both are about the same in difficulty (simple)...light output is similar but H1 is a bit brighter, D2S has more even lighting
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
THP is on a distinguished road
THP's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. I might even change to a mini stage III kit after reading this, but I'm assuming it doesn't really matter what I list here, as long as I'm committed to a purchase of some kind
Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #35

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THP View Post
Thanks for the info. I might even change to a mini stage III kit after reading this, but I'm assuming it doesn't really matter what I list here, as long as I'm committed to a purchase of some kind
That's what I'm banking on. I'm signed up for a kit, I don't know which one I'll get yet and truth be told, as long as you make good on your order so we hit 25 kits, it doesn't matter til the day you place your order.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #36
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

exactly what pugga said. doesnt matter which one you want. as long as youre commited
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #37
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of selling my brand new FX-R kit I bought it last month and havent had the time to put them in. My biggest dilemma is I want to use OEM housing, but all the ones for sale are crappy and hazing, and I dont want to use mine because Its going to take me more than a day to complete and I dont want my truck taken apart that long. Plus I have the oem smoked 09+ housing and I dont want to mess it up.. worth too much. IDK what to do!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #38

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Thinking of selling my brand new FX-R kit I bought it last month and havent had the time to put them in. My biggest dilemma is I want to use OEM housing, but all the ones for sale are crappy and hazing, and I dont want to use mine because Its going to take me more than a day to complete and I dont want my truck taken apart that long. Plus I have the oem smoked 09+ housing and I dont want to mess it up.. worth too much. IDK what to do!!!!!!
Well... I can think of about 9 people willing to buy the kit from you
Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Well... I can think of about 9 people willing to buy the kit from you
No! i want the discount asap hah
Old 09-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #40

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
No! i want the discount asap hah
OK, I can think of about 8 people that would buy it from you

Products Discussed in this Thread