GROUP BUY OVER!
Thanks TRS, and anyone that participated!
So got the green light from Andrew at TRS to start another group buy.
Here's the basic if we want to get this round 8 going.
-Stage III OR Stage IV COMPLETE kits
-no CBI's/SVS discount
-25 orders = 25% off
-ships when 25 orders are completed
-discount code will be posted once 4runner and tacomaworld forum has listed 25 people committing to buy
info posted by buzzardsgottaeat
A lot of people get the mini (H1 or D2S) because they're easiest to install
FX-Rs are better quality but require free hand cutting of your light housing and a slightly more difficult aiming/securing process.
Blazers are for fogs, you have to cut/rig it up custom, no plug n play or bake n reseal there.
H10 fogs (H11 for 2012s) are the sizes you need and the harness will be the H4/9003 iirc
H1 has been deemed a little brighter while D2S more even output. Most go with the H1 simply because its brighter but don't consider other factors. Matt and the guys at TRS mostly favor the D2S and I also like to point out that the larger shrouds fill our headlights better than the mini H1 and there is a greater selection.
3000k is yellowish and good for fogs for its ability to cut through adverse weather
4300k is like sunlight or stock color headlights and has the highest lumen count (brightest) of the available options
5000k will be whiter and is the highest TRS recommends.
6000k is also very white with a tiny bit more blue
Any higher temp is stupid because you lose light output and fatigue your eyes and others.
I always say 4300k is the way to go but can see how white/5000k has an appeal
The upside to a projector retrofit vs cheap hid bulbs in your stock light housing is mainly that it is higher quality and has a clean cut off line.
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but that should be a good starting point for anyone who wants to start researching these.
please add your name to the most recent list.
1. CayucosTacoma- FXR Stage 3 Kit
2. Parboy - stage 3 mini D2S with halo's
3. bw504 - FXR Stage III Kit
4. THP - FXR Stage III Kit
5. aparks18 - FXR Stage III Kit
6. DaKingTaco - FXR Stage III Kit
7. Pugga - Morimoto Mini H1 Stage III Kit
8. sebassusmc-FXR stage 3 kit
9. ouyin2000 - FXR Stage III
10. tinyredtaco- Morimoto Mini H1 Stage III Kit
11. uscg2008- Mini H1 stage III
12. Conman117- FXR Stage III Kit
13. Qwkzotc - Stage III D2S with Philips/Matsushita
14. jluu44 - Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit D2S
15. abarber11 - FXR Stage III
16. Dave333 - FXR Stage IV with Philips/Matsushita Gen V
17. Techno Duck - Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III kit
18. jimbo808 - Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III kit
19. Madmarkie - specific kit TBD
20.Shiftytaco- FXR Stage III possibly might bump up to IV
21. Caliyota - Mini H1 Stage III
22. DLat27 - Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S)
23. Mj2111-stage 3 mini D2S with halo's
24. DPCardoza-stage 3 mini h1
25. lembowski - STAGE III KIT (D2S) _________
People Who Paid
5. Techno Duck
23. ChaosStarter (4runner forum)
Doesn't really matter what kit you get, right now we just need the members that are committing to buy, once we complete the 25 TRS will give us the coupon code and we can use that 25% coupon code for any of the stage III or stage IV kits.
Picture below is omac5's FX-R retrofit. (let me know if you want picture taken down)
Click for full-size image (1023 x 702)
and here's a pic of my old mini's.