Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

HID Xenon Group Buy! LED Off Road Lights/Bars! Ends 10/15/12

Old 10-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #21
Berrylium is on a distinguished road
Berrylium's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Slim, missed the group buy. How often do you have this go on?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
It's about once a month.... use the search tool, looking for slim's user name and make sure to specify threads started by and select from the group buy subforum, and you'll see all 20-some GB's he's done
Old 10-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey slim just received them at my parents house (college living). Cant wait to put them on and thanks for the quick delivery!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #24
PupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant future

Name: Rod
PupuleUlua's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you Slim just got the shipment on saturday. Can't wait to get them installed
Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
TiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the rough
TiMe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
They are expensive but you're getting a high quality HID kit, not some cheap DDM tuning crap...

You're paying for better bulbs and ballasts. Slim has done a lot of group buys of his HID kits and I've rarely seen anyone who has had a problem with them...
High quality HID kit?! Shits junk! I spent the money in one of slims first group buys he did for my headlights and fogs only to have both right side ballasts take a shit on my shortly after my 1 year warranty. I took it in the shorts on these lights only to have slim offer to sell me new ballasts. I woulda been better off buying cheap ebay shit or doing a retro with legit parts.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #26
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

So much hate coming from TiMe...

I got my kit almost 2 yrs ago, and I love the light output from these things... SO MUCH BRIGHTER.

However, I have a similar story to TiMe in that I had a ballast go out on me about 9 months after I got them. Slim gladly warrantied it out for me (did cost $6.50 for shipping the new one, a cost that I find negligible). I am currently out of warranty and have another ballast that has died on me, and I'm awaiting a response from Slim on how to deal with it.

I also bought the fog lights, have had no issue with their ballasts, and am still running the same bulbs that I first put in. My suggestion, since I typically run with all 4 lights on, is do NOT mount the ballast to sheet metal. Tie it up to a wire harness tightly with zip ties.

I first installed the headlights by mounting the ballasts to the sheet metal near the bulbs. When I replaced the first ballast, I didn't do that as I didn't have enough time nor the right tools to do so. I zip tied that one with the intent to come back and fix it. That still hasn't been done.

The fog lights have been zip-tied from day one and still work perfectly.

While I have not used any other HID kit, I would personally have to say that I do find Slim's kits to be of great quality, albeit the issues I've had, which I believe were to have been from installer error and not product/manufacturing flaws
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I missed this GB but I am in need of some H4 headlight replacement bulbs.

After 3 years I had one burn out and need to replace it asap.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #28
J0hnMata is on a distinguished road

Name: John
J0hnMata's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGT View Post
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

So much hate coming from TiMe...

I got my kit almost 2 yrs ago, and I love the light output from these things... SO MUCH BRIGHTER.

However, I have a similar story to TiMe in that I had a ballast go out on me about 9 months after I got them. Slim gladly warrantied it out for me (did cost $6.50 for shipping the new one, a cost that I find negligible). I am currently out of warranty and have another ballast that has died on me, and I'm awaiting a response from Slim on how to deal with it.

I also bought the fog lights, have had no issue with their ballasts, and am still running the same bulbs that I first put in. My suggestion, since I typically run with all 4 lights on, is do NOT mount the ballast to sheet metal. Tie it up to a wire harness tightly with zip ties.

I first installed the headlights by mounting the ballasts to the sheet metal near the bulbs. When I replaced the first ballast, I didn't do that as I didn't have enough time nor the right tools to do so. I zip tied that one with the intent to come back and fix it. That still hasn't been done.

The fog lights have been zip-tied from day one and still work perfectly.

While I have not used any other HID kit, I would personally have to say that I do find Slim's kits to be of great quality, albeit the issues I've had, which I believe were to have been from installer error and not product/manufacturing flaws
the same things going on with me. my first ballast burnt out so he replaced it and only charged me shipping now that one burnt out too and im waiting to hear back from him on what to do.....it sucks pretty bad when your lights burn out at night and leave you to drive home in the dark.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
jmaglipay will become famous soon enoughjmaglipay will become famous soon enough
jmaglipay's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here had any luck getting in contact with slim. I bought a HID kit from him last november and my passenger side isnt working anymore. I think i may need a new ballast. I tried PM and contacting him directly to his website.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #30
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I pmd him a few days ago and haven't heard anything. I'm not mad about it as its only been a few days so we will see what's going on. Other than my pm to him my lights work great and no problems with the ballast (knock on wood)
Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #31
jmaglipay will become famous soon enoughjmaglipay will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I pmd him a few days ago and haven't heard anything. I'm not mad about it as its only been a few days so we will see what's going on. Other than my pm to him my lights work great and no problems with the ballast (knock on wood)
Any luck with reaching slim? Its hard to drive with one headlight. I'm pretty sure its my ballast. The working one makes a humming/buzzing noise when turned on. I need a replacement ASAP
Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #32
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried reaching him via TW, his facebook page, and his website, and I have received nothing for the last 3 weeks.

I hate to say it but I gave up and ordered new replacement bulbs from TRS for $50 a pair. Similar style ballast so they will work.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaglipay View Post
Any luck with reaching slim? Its hard to drive with one headlight. I'm pretty sure its my ballast. The working one makes a humming/buzzing noise when turned on. I need a replacement ASAP
was thinking of ordering a set. how old is the set you have?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #34
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
They are expensive but you're getting a high quality HID kit, not some cheap DDM tuning crap...

You're paying for better bulbs and ballasts. Slim has done a lot of group buys of his HID kits and I've rarely seen anyone who has had a problem with them...
Still running strong years later. Only problem I had was some moisture in the plug between the factory harness and the ballast. $2 plug and some dielectric grease fixed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaglipay View Post
check the plugs and see if they are corroded/rusted like mine was. Also swap sides, first with ballasts and then bulbs to verify which is bad.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
[QUOTE=Berrylium;6058895]was thinking of ordering a set. how old is the set

Going to be a year this december. My previous kit lasted 6 years. I didnt buy it from slim. Kinda shaddy when slims kit fails when the 12 month warranty is about to expire. I checked all the connections and switch bulbs. Its the ballast.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #36
Anyone here recommend another brand that will last past the first year. I dont remember the last brand I bought.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #37
WoodsDweller

Air Force:
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrylium View Post
was thinking of ordering a set. how old is the set you have?

My last set from SLIM lasted 3.5 years. It was a plug and play setup. I have been down to one headlight for awhile and was not getting a response so I bought my replacement bulbs from TRS. I have not received them yet or installed them but the price was right and they have a 2 year warranty.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=22087

I dont know if you are looking for plug and play or a complete light replacement setup but they offer both.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post
My last set from SLIM lasted 3.5 years. It was a plug and play setup. I have been down to one headlight for awhile and was not getting a response so I bought my replacement bulbs from TRS. I have not received them yet or installed them but the price was right and they have a 2 year warranty.

I dont know if you are looking for plug and play or a complete light replacement setup but they offer both.
ok, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Not good when you can't get in touch with the seller after three weeks.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post

Which kit to do you recommened for a 05. Im just looking for a plug and play and something that last longer than 1 year.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #40
doubletap is on a distinguished road

doubletap's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Slim- One of my HID lights on my 2011 tacoma went out. I would like to purchase a couple replacement bulbs but I don't see an option to buy it on your website. Can you please get back to me? I need a couple H4 BI XENON 6000K bulbs.