Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

7" Off Road Lamp Kit promotion

Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
automatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

automatcentral's Tacoma Gallery
7" Off Road Lamp Kit promotion

This item has been showcased on this forum many times over, but I wanted to make a brand new offer available.

Our 7" Off Road Lamp kit is available at the ultra-low price of $54.99 (shipping included).

For anyone who purchases within the next 2 weeks, I would be willing to refund $10 off the purchase price if you post pics of the lights installed within this thread.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
AutoMatCentral
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
How much to ship to Alberta Canada.. My postal code is T0E2H0.

Thank You
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #4
automatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shipping to any location within Canada will cost an additional $25. Please PM if interested, and I can send you the appropriate online invoice.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #5

Here are a few photos of recent forum member installations of this kit.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #7

It is worth mentioning that this kit can be converted to HID very easily:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...eview-5-a.html
Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
I did 75w hid's in them and they handle them quite well
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So it looks like some of the pictures posted above are from reviews of the 100W kit, and the link is to a 55W kit.

How much more does the 100W kit cost?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #10

Unfortunately, we don't have any more of the 100-watt kits; however, the 55-watt kits are very bright.

Additionally, the bulbs can be replaced with any H3 sized bulbs, including HID as others have done on this forum.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
do you have any pics comparing the two? preferably at night?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
do you have any pics comparing the two? preferably at night?
Sorry, no pics comparing the two; but, I have yet to hear of anyone disappointed with the halogen light output of the 55-watt kit. I can assure you that it is extremely bright.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a pair of these lights from another member and I have no complaints, I replaced the 55's with 130 H3 bulbs, they are the two center lights

Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a decent deal. Do you have a link to your website or is it just an advertisement here?

DERP, picture WAS the link....lol
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #15

You can use the link below to order the lights:

http://www.automatcentral.com/7-inch-offroad-lamps
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
cverneau is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
cverneau's Tacoma Gallery
I just fabbed up a behind the grill bar and was looking at getting the Hella 500ff's (regular or black magic - hadn't decided yet). I know these are larger, but is there any other issues with installation behind the grill and being mounted upside down?? Any thoughts??
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #17
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cverneau View Post
I just fabbed up a behind the grill bar and was looking at getting the Hella 500ff's (regular or black magic - hadn't decided yet). I know these are larger, but is there any other issues with installation behind the grill and being mounted upside down?? Any thoughts??
IIRC i just rotated the reflectors so they were right side up again, no, no problems
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
I have 75w HIDs in mine and they handle it fine
Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cverneau View Post
How's the heat output on the housings?? I'll run my own harness with relay and seperate fuse block.
No problem that I have seen, I replaced the 16GA wire with 14GA wire, the thing to watch for is any of the hot wires getting warm when you turn it on, the one 16GA wire that got warm was the single hot hire coming from the battery. I replaced that one with 14GA. Most lights also have a single 16GA coming from the relay that is split into two hots for the lights, IDK if this would be fine for two 130 watt bulbs because I ran a hot to each of the lights from a 5 pin relay (most are 4 but you can find 30amp relays that have two hot pins instead of one), instead of the factory set up. It may be a bit of overkill to do it this way but in replacing all the 16GA with 14GA and eliminating the splitter i wanted to be sure i wouldn't have a problem.
Now this is the set up for a lighting set up that is NOT switched off of the high-beams, it has it's own independent switch in the cab. For two pairs of lights I have one 30 amp relay for each pair and the switch wire from each relay is wired together so a single lead wire goes back into cab to the switch.
I don't recall what size fuse the original 55 watt lights had but i replaced them with 25amp fuses. When you do the math (130 [watts] X 2 [bulbs] = 260 [total watts] divided by 12 [voltage of the system] = 21.66 [amps total] then a 25 amp fuse is the right fuse for this set up.
You are taking a risk every time you modify an electrical system of your vehicle so by running a 25amp fuse, a 5 pin 30amp relay and heavier gauge wire for EACH pair i felt the extra money and effort is well worth it.
I have tested the system by turning it on for a half hour while the truck is parked and running and feeling for any warmth in all the hot wires as well as the light housings themselves.