Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

ProEFX Towing Mirrors

Old 07-05-2013, 04:33 AM   #421
chillis is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
chillis's Tacoma Gallery
I was checking at friends that work at a dodge dealer as well as a friend that owns an automotive glass shop and all the replacements that are avaliable to buy for our tow mirrors are the same flat glass.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #422
J Gibson is on a distinguished road

Navy: Hospital Corpsman, 4th MarDiv
Name: J
J Gibson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillis View Post
I was checking at friends that work at a dodge dealer as well as a friend that owns an automotive glass shop and all the replacements that are avaliable to buy for our tow mirrors are the same flat glass.
I am convinced that flat glass works the best. It gives you a truer picture of how close you are to something, especially when backing. The convex glass distorts it. We still have the blindspot mirror in the corner.

Best out there IMO.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #423
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
The more I drive with my ProEFX, the more I like them. Huge difference. I plan to install the heater circuit this week.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #424
Free Man
Hurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Duck
Hurtin Albertan's Tacoma Gallery
I really like these mirrors. I thought the bigger mirror would hide too much behind it but its not too bad. The blindspot mirrors are a huge win as well, so much easier to keep an eye on traffic with these. It has been a great improvement to a great truck, thanks Rob!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #425
taczilla is on a distinguished road

Name: Marc
taczilla's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Finally installed the Pro EFX mirrors (black/power/heated/led) that I bought last December/January. Although a very tedious affair, it was worth it!

I like the larger mirrors and the flat surfaces that give you WYSIWYG when backing up. The tip out feature is great for towing my dump trailer, as I can now see traffic behind me. I look forward to the heated mirror feature saving my finger nails this winter.

Pros:
  • larger mirrors = larger field of view
  • flat WSYIWYG visuals when backing up
  • convex corner mirrors for added peripheral vision
  • tip out feature that adds another 4" wider view when towing wide loads
  • power adjust in any position
  • heated mirrors for these nasty Canadian winters
  • LED indicators that let others know where your headed
  • custom fit/clean install
  • plug & play for power & LED indicators
Cons:

• extra $100 + in parts for complete 3 options install (Oh, well...)
  • need to know what you're doing (not for the faint of heart)
  • look goofy at first, but they grow on ya!
  • create a larger blind spot at the front pillars (need to lean forward at intersections)
  • very slight vibration on passengers side
  • LED's could/should be a strip lens on the mirror arms for more aesthetic appeal, and not the blob shaped lens of opaque plastic on the upper corner of the mirror head (but that's an opinion)
Extra mod: I used two light coats of Night Shade on the LED's, and then a coat of clear, which blended the LED blobs into the mirrors for a more contiguous look.

*** Many thanks to mach1man001 for making the group buy available, and Benson X for the install write up, and CtryBoyInMt for the relay diagram. Thank you to all those who added install tips throughout the various threads.

Couldn't have done it without ya!

PS: For an easier install, remove the front seats before attacking this mod. That'll save you a world of grief, and your otherwise twisted back.

;-)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #426
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Clement, love this pic! Very nice looking truck you got there!

Damn that looks good.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #427
bulldogbeware is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
bulldogbeware's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone tell me where I can buy these? I can't find the for a tacoma anywhere. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #428
DSYLEXC is on a distinguished road
DSYLEXC's Tacoma Gallery
ProEFX Towing Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogbeware View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can buy these? I can't find the for a tacoma anywhere. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSYLEXC View Post
$274 was what was charged to my credit card. I have "EFXMRTAC05HET - Black Power w/LED turn and heat - Retail $299.00, Group Buy $249.00". They are still sealed in the original box that was sent to me, never opened them. If you want them, I take discreet PayPal, $274 gift only. If you don't want them, anyone else wants them, they are for sale.
If you want a paypal invoice, it's gonna be $280 shipped. Still for sale.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #429
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Simply contact the OP of this thread, mach1man001. He is the one who organized the initial group purchase.

Also, check this link. the guy is located in Canada, but for the price he is selling his, plus the shipping, you will still save a lot.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-135-pair.html
Old 11-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #430
prl99 is on a distinguished road
Name: Peter
prl99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I bought what look like the same thing through 1A Auto, http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Toy...RP01106/688914 These are for a 2005-2013 Tacoma; unheated and no turn signal. Currently they're going for $239.95 and were very easy to install.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #431
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
b0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shedb0ules is one of the sharper tools in the shed

b0ules's Tacoma Gallery
Just completed my install, all 3 options operational.

A note though, the included instructions were wrong - you'll find the wires you need beside the in-cab fuse panel to integrate the turn signals on earlier models. You'll want red w/yellow stripe for RH signal and red w/black stripe for LH signal unlike the blue ones mentioned in the install docs I had access to.

One further mod I'd like to do - I'd like to have the LEDs work as marker lights, then flash as signals when needed (as they do in daytime - at least that's how they work on the wires I tapped). It should be a pretty simple relay hold circuit, but math will have to wait until I have the relays (unless I go with a 555 timer if the impedance is too low on the relay coils for a practical capacitor size).

Has anyone done this yet? If so, any advice to share?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #433
'Yotas Til Death
MikeD VT is on a distinguished road

Name: MikeD
MikeD VT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ules View Post

One further mod I'd like to do - I'd like to have the LEDs work as marker lights, then flash as signals when needed (as they do in daytime - at least that's how they work on the wires I tapped). It should be a pretty simple relay hold circuit, but math will have to wait until I have the relays (unless I go with a 555 timer if the impedance is too low on the relay coils for a practical capacitor size).

Has anyone done this yet? If so, any advice to share?
I had my local shop do this (I wasn't comfortable with it).
Very happy I had it done. The leds on the mirror come on when the front parking lights are on; and blink alternately from the front turn signals.
The Dodge factory tow mirrors (on Dodges) don't even do this.
I love my tow mirrors even more now.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #435
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I buy these?