Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #921
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'd borrow some friends cars and get the unique info...they don't sound too forgiving/willing to bend rules...
X2.

Remember though its not UG, its some third party company that handles the rebates
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #922
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Got her mounted! Took a little bit of jimmy rigging but it is where I want it! Now I just have to figure out how to use the fangled contraption!
Attached Thumbnails
*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)-img-20121119-00060.jpg  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #923
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilsky View Post
Got her mounted! Took a little bit of jimmy rigging but it is where I want it! Now I just have to figure out how to use the fangled contraption!
thats exactly where i mounted mine
Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #924
IrunnIt is on a distinguished road
IrunnIt's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have to do distance calibration if you run stock size wheels and tires?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #925
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunnIt View Post
Do you have to do distance calibration if you run stock size wheels and tires?
It's better to go ahead and do it. It can only make it more accurate.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #926
IrunnIt is on a distinguished road
IrunnIt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,that's what I figured.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #928
FML
agv1700 is a jewel in the roughagv1700 is a jewel in the roughagv1700 is a jewel in the roughagv1700 is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Name: Angel
agv1700's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to agv1700
*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353458197.091943.jpg

Mounted... Still have access to the buttons, wire is perfectly concealed, visor doesn't cover it, and best of all its in a rather inconspicuous spot.

Stole the tape measure clip idea, bent it to the needed angle, and bada-bing. Didn't need to make any holes, or alter anything. Can remove easily if need be, and its very sturdy.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #929
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can someone please explain this tape measure clip. I tries but I can't figure out how you guys are getting it to mount stable. How is the clip attached to the ug mount?

Anyone try the bicycle reflector mount idea?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #930
FML
agv1700 is a jewel in the roughagv1700 is a jewel in the roughagv1700 is a jewel in the roughagv1700 is a jewel in the rough

Army:
agv1700's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Can someone please explain this tape measure clip. I tries but I can't figure out how you guys are getting it to mount stable. How is the clip attached to the ug mount?

Anyone try the bicycle reflector mount idea?
I will take some pics tomorrow when daylight is back, it's prob the best way to show and understand. But basically I kept the UG back bracket on the UG. Took the tape measure clip and made sure it fit properly on the UG back mount. Then I just took the clip off, bent it into the desired shape with a pair of needle-nose pliers, put it back onto the UG back mount, and clipped it to the headliner.

You could prob get the same results with a piece of scrap aluminum or bendable scrap metal that you can for snugly onto the UG.... Like I said, only pics will do justice lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #931
FML

Army:
agv1700's Tacoma Gallery
Shitty cell phone pic and bad lighting, but hope this helps...

*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353461496.114673.jpg
*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353461520.050384.jpg
*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353461549.470430.jpg
*OFFICIAL* UltraGauge EM 1.2 Holiday Group Buy GB (ScanGauge Alternative)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353461562.038015.jpg
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #933
Thin Blue Line

But it looks like you have only 1 side of the clip exposed. So does that one side just slide up under the headliner then? The other pics I've seen look like the xlup actually clips onto the headlines which leaves the clip exposed. Your looks more clean. I'm still confused :banghead:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #934
FML

Army:
agv1700's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the portion of the clip that is exposed in the pictures I put up is the part that just slides under the headliner. Once it's on you can't see any part of the clip. Even looking from the outside of the truck (sitting directly in front), you can't even see the UG. That factory tinting/black texture stuff at the top o the windshield shields it perfectly. Lemme know if you could use more pics from certain angles to help...
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #935
itsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
itsakeeper's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot to ask but are the gallons, US gallons ? And would this throw off the MPG readings ?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #936
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsakeeper View Post
I forgot to ask but are the gallons, US gallons ? And would this throw off the MPG readings ?
As far as I know it only does US Gallons and Liters, so if you usually use imperial gallons the MPG reading will be off.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #937
itsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hmmm, in litres is it just a conversion from the US Gallons or is it actually in litres ?
I'd use l/100km but if the litres are calculated from US Gallons then it still isn't what I wanted
Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #938
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone with a first gen!

What did you set your tank size to? I set mine to 18 gallons and my mpg rating was way off. Was wondering what you guys are set to and how accurate is your mpg?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #939
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Litres is just a direct conversion to gallons, it gives you the option to enter information in Litres or gallons. I haven been using mine to output L/100 km with no problem. What are you thinking the issue would be?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #940
Well I calculated my mileage and its 24mpg but the ultragauge is saying 18mpg - convert that to l/100km and its still off so I'm thinking its because the gauge is based on US Gallons and calculating the l/100km from that. I inputed my last fillup in liters as per directions and it is saying the 18mpg which I know is wrong.

Products Discussed in this Thread