Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Round 11 - Bi-Xenon Retrofit Group Buy

Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #361
Proud Tacoma *****
HERMS671 is on a distinguished road

HERMS671's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. So what is the thinner, non-concave, silicone washer for?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #362
FORE!
parboy will become famous soon enoughparboy will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
parboy's Tacoma Gallery
On my mini d2s kit there were 3 washers. The big white one goes between the back of the projector and the bowl. The 2 smaller ones go on the threaded part that sticks through the stock bulb location. I think on the mini h1 kit, there is only 1 washer though. So it goes on after the alignment ring, followed by the locking nut to secure the projector to the bowl.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #363
Proud Tacoma *****
HERMS671 is on a distinguished road

HERMS671's Tacoma Gallery
There's actually two washers.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #364
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
There's two washers for the mini h1 kit but you only use the thick concave one inbetween the reflector bowl and the projector. The other washer is for all non H1 kits I think.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #365
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished it up and took some quick pictures. I'll take some D700 pictures when I get a chance.

All photos taken with my Galaxy S3.

retro1 by dajosh2, on Flickr

retro2 by dajosh2, on Flickr

cutoff by dajosh2, on Flickr

cutoff 2 by dajosh2, on Flickr
Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #366
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
So far,so... meh. Ive chipped the paint on one of the bowls, chipped the paint on one of the shrouds, and managed to cut my finger with who knows what.
I decided not to add the halos that i bought. The plain look of the SSM shrouds looked too good without them so i left them out. So when all is said and done if anyone wants a set of white LED halos for the h1 shoot me an offer.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #367
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
So far,so... meh. Ive chipped the paint on one of the bowls, chipped the paint on one of the shrouds, and managed to cut my finger with who knows what.
I decided not to add the halos that i bought. The plain look of the SSM shrouds looked too good without them so i left them out. So when all is said and done if anyone wants a set of white LED halos for the h1 shoot me an offer.
Getting any better? I'm sure it's gonna turn out really good!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #368
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah its coming along. I resealed the lights last night and saw a few gaps in them that looked larger than what i remember so i put a nice thick bead of silicone sealant all the way around the lights for good measure. Im letting it cure now and will be putting them in this weekend. No time during the week...
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #369
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
does the orbit shrouds screw like the apollo?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #370
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Is it normal for the driver side hot spot to be higher than the passenger side? Obviously the housings are aimed lower on the driver side, but that shouldn't affect where the hotspot is in correlation to the cutoff, right? My passenger side is a lot brighter because the hotspot is right above the cutoff, where the driver side is almost a foot above the cutoff line....
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #371

k20me's Tacoma Gallery
So my high beams stopped working...what the heck?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #372
Look away, I'm hideous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20me View Post
Pugga had the same issue on his. Not sure if he ever resolved it though. He had a thread on it i would search for it but tapatalk sucks on searching.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #373
888 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
888's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k20me View Post
I am going on the assumption that the lights still come on in low beam mode, you had an H4 Bulb before, and its both high beams that are giving trouble.

Items to check
1. All your connections.
2. Individual solenoid for the shield (2 wires, 12V Batt, 2projectors)
3. High beam wiring (essentially find back the H4 bulb, plug it into the H4 connector and turn on the headlights in high beam)

If Solenoids working & High Beam Filament lighting; I believe your problem lies in the Relay or the MOTOcontrol module

If Solenoids working but the High Beam Filament is not lighting; Your problem will be in the trucks wiring

But check all the connections before you go through trouble shooting

Have a good day
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #374

k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
I am going on the assumption that the lights still come on in low beam mode, you had an H4 Bulb before, and its both high beams that are giving trouble.

Items to check
1. All your connections.
2. Individual solenoid for the shield (2 wires, 12V Batt, 2projectors)
3. High beam wiring (essentially find back the H4 bulb, plug it into the H4 connector and turn on the headlights in high beam)

If Solenoids working & High Beam Filament lighting; I believe your problem lies in the Relay or the MOTOcontrol module

If Solenoids working but the High Beam Filament is not lighting; Your problem will be in the trucks wiring

But check all the connections before you go through trouble shooting

Have a good day
That's exactly what I'm experiencing. I'll check it out today. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #375
Look away, I'm hideous!

Ok i have a question... i got the drivers side hooked up and when i fired it up it worked like a charm... but i see all these what look like smudge marks all over the inside of the lense. I was sure to try to keep my fingers off the inside and even wiped them off real good before reassembling. Does this mean i have to take them apart and clean them, then reassemble again?? I cant see the marks unless the projector is on. But it will drive me bat shit knowing its there. Any ideas? Besides what i think the answer will be.
Attached Thumbnails
Round 11 - Bi-Xenon Retrofit Group Buy-uploadfromtaptalk1354476706942.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #376

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
What did you use to wipe them off with? Looks like soap residue. I used a nice microfiber and some windex to clean mine off and I don't have that on mine. If it's bugging you that much I would try that.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #377
Look away, I'm hideous!

It was a soft cloth. Not microfiber though. Im going to take them apart again and hope i can get it cleaned off. The light output was amazing though. Really impressed with them.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #378

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Right on, they do make a huge difference over stock haha. I need to take mine apart again too. Passenger side is wobbling quite a bit but I can't tell if it's the projector or the entire housing. And the driver side cutoff is barely crooked but it's bugging me.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #379
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
So I finally got to the point of aligning these things and lucked out; They are pretty close with just cranking the locknut down on the alignment washer. The driver side is just a tad off counter clockwise. Only thing is that there is a weird flare above the step up on the driver's side. Any idea's what this is from?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #380
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
hmm it maybe the bulb?? which kit do you have?

here's mines, D2S kit.