Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Round 11 - Bi-Xenon Retrofit Group Buy

Old 10-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #41
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
any idea what I will need to convert my headlights over i have a 96 with the old style headlights? I am deff interested, but IDK much about these.
You're fine, I have a 1993 Pickup, still takes H4 style lights. I'm taking the D2S mini projectors I bought for my 2012 Tacoma and installing them in my 93 Pickup instead
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #42
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
oh, ok. But do i only need projectors? And i bought some cheep metal/glass H4 headlights, not bright enough
Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #43
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #44
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
oh, ok. But do i only need projectors? And i bought some cheep metal/glass H4 headlights, not bright enough
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=237

They come in a "kit".
This is an example of what my cart looked like for you so you can see:

Ballasts: Denso Slim (35w) [will be under your hood/attached to light]
Bulbs: Philips 85122 + D2S [simply what bulb inside the projector]
Halos: No Thanks [fancy light ring thing, I opted out]
Projectors: LHD (NAS) [Left-hand drive, signs on right]
Resealing glue: Yes Please [to reseal light after taken apart]
Shrouds: Apollo [ring around/in front of projector for cosmetics]
Harness: H4/9003 [you have H4/9003 bulb size]

Hope that helps
Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #45
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... Did not think it would be that much
Old 10-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #46

The kit is 295 minus 25% (73.75) so that equals about $221.25. That is really cheap considering the quality of what you are getting IMO.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #47
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
1) marcballz (fxr's, stage 3, paarama shrouds, amber led halos, H4 relay)
2) K20me (Joseph)
3) Runnerstrom28
4) newskooler
5) ttkawas
6) J Rod
Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #48
KOO is on a distinguished road
Name: Wes
KOO's Tacoma Gallery
1) marcballz (fxr's, stage 3, paarama shrouds, amber led halos, H4 relay)
2) K20me (Joseph)
3) Runnerstrom28
4) newskooler
5) ttkawas
6) J Rod
7) KOO
Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #49
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcballz View Post
sorry gueyzz i gotta jump outta this.. got use the extra cash for my lift!
i might jump back in depending when it gets fulled up :] sorry

1) K20me (Joseph)
2) Runnerstrom28
3) newskooler
4) ttkawas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerstrom28 View Post
hey sorry guys, i cant afford to get these right now. The money I had saved is now being used to help repair my gfs car. Hopefully there will be another group by and ill try and get in on that!
I updated the list so that we have a true head count. marcballz and Runnerstrom28 are out per the quotes above. As of now, we have 5 members in the potential Group Buy from TRS. Next person to add themselves to the list, please use the updated list below. Thanks!

1) K20me (Joseph)
2) newskooler
3) ttkawas
4) J Rod
5) KOO
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #50
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
The kit is 295 minus 25% (73.75) so that equals about $221.25. That is really cheap considering the quality of what you are getting IMO.
Ya it is an amazing price, but I did not want to spend that much. Do you have to put HID's in there or can i just buy the lenses and put a hlogen h4 in there?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #51
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #52
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya it is an amazing price, but I did not want to spend that much. Do you have to put HID's in there or can i just buy the lenses and put a hlogen h4 in there?
It's an HID projector for an HID bulb.

I would either just run halogens or do a full retrofit. Nothing in-between as you won't be satisfied (neither will oncoming drivers).
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #53
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #54
trussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nice

Name: Tyler
trussell456's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in

1) K20me (Joseph)
2) newskooler
3) ttkawas
4) J Rod
5) KOO
6) trussell456
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #55
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
It's an HID projector for an HID bulb.

I would either just run halogens or do a full retrofit. Nothing in-between as you won't be satisfied (neither will oncoming drivers).
The glare is bad, I am currently that a-hole

This GB needs to hurry so I can not be "that guy"
Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #56
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, thanks for the info. maybe next time
Old 10-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #57
PMs = Not good for TRS Questions
AndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewTRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewTRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
The glare is bad, I am currently that a-hole

This GB needs to hurry so I can not be "that guy"
I don't even bother retrofitting my cars since I don't keep them long enough to use the lights worth their full cost.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #58
wes mantooth ™
1) K20me (Joseph)
2) newskooler
3) ttkawas
4) J Rod
5) KOO
6) trussell456
7) Joben 7726
Old 10-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #59
bfogelma is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bfogelma's Tacoma Gallery
1) K20me (Joseph)
2) newskooler
3) ttkawas
4) J Rod
5) KOO
6) trussell456
7) Joben 7726
8) Bfogelma (Brandon)
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #60
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTRS View Post
I don't even bother retrofitting my cars since I don't keep them long enough to use the lights worth their full cost.
I am normally the same way. I love this truck though, definitely going to keep it for a while. Only way I'd get rid of it is to trade it in on a 4x4 which I'll just keep these retrofitted ones and put the stockers back in for the sale.