Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Tidewater/VA Hydrodip Group Buy.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #1
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 25B - IT
Name: Jared
J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Tidewater/VA Hydrodip Group Buy.

Setting up a group buy for parts to get hydodipped. Basically, if we can get at least 10 people together in on this (15+ would also get us a better deal) we are eligible to get a discount. For those not knowing that hydrodipping. Shown are some examples of their work, as well as there are many other examples on their website. The coating is very durable as after the graphic is applied, its clear coated (In a couple different options too). There is a guarantee on it that if it ever peels, they will replace that coating for free. Pricing is obviously dictated by size.

This will be set up through a good friend of mine which is going to be my POC for the group buy.

This is their website - http://j3hydrographics.com/

Some examples of their work-

Old 10-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Loves Sammiches.
J Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ Rod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, but this group buy is for local (or somewhat local) members. Not trying to deal with a nationwide group buy.

What I plan on doing is having everyone that is going to participate in the group buy, have them PM me or email me with a picture of what they want to get dipped, the actual code for the selected layer off their website, and then once we have the required number of people I will forward everything to my buddy for pricing (as a group). I will be working with him on how to set up the payment, as it is unsure at this point. Once we get back pricing on all this and everything pushed forward to the point of shipping, the member will then box their part(s) they want dipped, provide a shipping label and return label, and then ship.

Members Participating:

1. J Rod (Out for quote)
2. DOUBLLDD (Out for quote)
3. 08FireRescueTaco (Out for quote)
4. Sandman614 (Out for quote)

Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
so does this stuff peel off like plasti dip if you dont like it? what exactly is "hydrodip"?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
so does this stuff peel off like plasti dip if you dont like it? what exactly is "hydrodip"?
No, they put a what is like a laminant layer down and then they clearcoat over it so it is durable. You might be able to take it off with some muscle. I might send a couple items out next week so there are some examples for everyone to see..
Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Also, just a heads up.. This doesn't just apply to trucks/cars/etc... As long as it's plastic, wood, or metal they can do it. I know some people do their AR lowers, as well as other things camo and whatnot. Could add some personal touches to more than just what you drive.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How about my whole truck? Lol
Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
How about my whole truck? Lol
I don't think they could do that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
interestd in getting plastic cover on motor done in realtree camo
I am getting my engine cover done also, but with the middle recessed area still the factory black.

The area in red is the area that I am getting done.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna see about dipping this paintball mask, not the hat.. Maybe the mouse or the watch....nah, the keyboard!

Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #12
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a few people interested but need general pricing
Get pictures of what it is and pm me. Easiest way..
Old 10-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
Add me 2 the list!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a few people interested but need general pricing
Easiest way to get the pricing would be to have them PM me or email me the piece that they want dipped. I am going to send what I already have pictures out on Friday. Try to get those pictures ready before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLLD View Post
Add me 2 the list!!!!
What is it that you would like dipped? PM me a picture of it so I can put it on the list of stuff that I am sending him.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #15

i want something done... but i dont know what. =/
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,
To answer a few questions I saw on here, It is a pain to take it off because it is a paint job with an extra step. Don't get scared when someone tells you a price on this stuff. It is custom work. The patterns are not a laminate layer. You apply paint first then the film is placed on water and activated. The film liquifies so ink is floating on the water. You then push part through film and it actually etches itself to the paint. Then clear coat. I do those engine covers for $175. The picture has some weird black shadows on it somehow. I'll get one of the whole engine bay later on here.

I am out in CA though. Make sure to ask what kind of clear they are using. If it's good stuff it will last a long time. Like a paint job should.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! The clear that is being used is a BASF 5355 clear offered in gloss or matte finishes.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
BASF makes a good product. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes here. Making sure fellow TW members are getting a good product for a good price. No one deserves to get ripped off because they don't know exactly what something is.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #19
Loves Sammiches.

J Rod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
BASF makes a good product. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes here. Making sure fellow TW members are getting a good product for a good price. No one deserves to get ripped off because they don't know exactly what something is.
Exactly. I appreciate the info coming from you, I still didn't know 100% as to what it is. The info is helpful though! Thanks dude
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #20
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Im interested but need an aprox price/discount...