Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Looking for interest...Red line hood struts

Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #281
notslow is on a distinguished road
notslow's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up for a set if the GB ever happens.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #282
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
+1
Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #283
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-springs/=nt2pcn
A possible inexpensive solution.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #285
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Here's an alternative from TRDparts4u, a lot cheaper than redline. If I only knew they had this before picking up mines from Redline, I would've gotten this just because they're a little more cheaper.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9637
Old 08-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #286
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Here's an alternative from TRDparts4u, a lot cheaper than redline. If I only knew they had this before picking up mines from Redline, I would've gotten this just because they're a little more cheaper.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9637
I just saw those the other day, thanks for the link. I'm gonna order them. How hard was the install?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #287
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty easy install. RedlineTuning quicklift came with an installation guide.

I'm not sure if that kit will come with one. You can always send em an email just to confirm what you'll be getting with the kit.

The day I installed mines.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #288
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
i can't say i know anything about this site so it may be safer to go with trdparts4u but here are the Warrior brand ones for $67.98 - free shipping:

http://4x4autoworks.com/i-13847006-w...FeZxQgod8A8AVw
Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #289
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
This is easily the most useful mod I have installed on my taco
Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #290
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
i can't say i know anything about this site so it may be safer to go with trdparts4u but here are the Warrior brand ones for $67.98 - free shipping:

That site says they do not fit a Tacoma, at least when I put in 2013 model (any 2013)...could be site is not yet updated for 2013, as it does say it fits 2012.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #291
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post

Just ordered a set. I'll report on how it goes.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #292
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone can order some.... sorry but GB has been done for a long time
Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #293
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Warrior Hoodlift mini review:

Ordered a set from 4x4autoworks.com on 8/15/13 for $67.98 shipped. They then drop-shipped from Warrior and they arrived via FedEx on 8/22/13 - so a week from order to delivery. Installed them when I got home.

Great packaging and the hardware has black powder coated brackets. The kit even came with a drill bit.

Super simple to install. Good instructions with photos. Took maybe 45 minutes total.

Catalog says it fits all second generation trucks. However, they do need to modify their instructions for 2012 and up. The instructions specify installing the hood bracket 1.25" from the edge of the hood, but I could see right away that their measurement wasn't going to work on my 2012. I had to add 1/2" to their number (1.75") to make sure that the bracket didn't hit the fender as the hood latches.

Overall, the Warrior kit seems well made and is priced a bit less than the Redline. Glad I bought it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #294

Air Force:
Awesome, Thanks for the product review. I may order it this weekend.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #295
DCLB13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
DCLB13's Tacoma Gallery
Yesterday I ordered "Warrior Products HL71307 HoodLift By Warrior Products Hoodlift"

$67.98 +$5.10 tax.

I will report my experiences and opinions when I am finished with the install to compliment "Me Likey TRD's" review. The more the merrier I figure...
Old 09-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #296
mike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mike15's Tacoma Gallery
Redline in