Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Possible GB --- PLX Kiwi Driving Computer

Old 01-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
Exclamation Possible GB --- PLX Kiwi Driving Computer

Would anybody be able to setup a GB for the KIWI driving system , it helps save MPG with mini games ..

http://www.plxkiwi.com/

More info and a video can be found here

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/car/ae12/
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
that things pretty cool
Old 01-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
well if someone sets up a group buy on the scanguage im in. But that kiwi thing is cool. If a group buy gets set up on the cheap $89 dollar one ill be in. Even though its not available til march. Doesnt hurt to start early!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

I would be in even for the cheaper version... we got anybody with a hookup?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverworm View Post
I would be in even for the cheaper version... we got anybody with a hookup?
I dont know. but perhaps someone could contact them to see if they are willing to work with us.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #7

I have emailed the two sales people listed on their website for doing this.. we will see what happens..
Old 02-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
The guy in that video is Thuuuuper.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #10

I have heard back from the PLX people about a GB and they said we can do it, but we need a minimum of 30 people, we will be offered a 10% discount.

We can order either of the devices, keep in mind the MPG will not be available until March.

http://www.plxkiwi.com/
Old 02-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
PB2themax has PLX in his Rear view, Its bad ass.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832238
That's not the Kiwi though. He has the DM-200. It doesn't calculate MPG.

This is the Kiwi:
Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #12

[quote=sliverworm;371592]I have heard back from the PLX people about a GB and they said we can do it, but we need a minimum of 30 people, we will be offered a 10% discount.

We can order either of the devices, keep in mind the MPG will not be available until March.

http://www.plxkiwi.com/[/quote]

Ok. Are you going to be setting this group buy up then?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #13

hm.. I am not sure how all of the logistics work exactly, so maybe somebody could help me.. maybe somebody that has setup one of these before..
Old 02-07-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for 2, wife will want one. I'll keep my eye out for when this gets set up, I think 30 people might be possible
Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
hgfontana is on a distinguished road
Name: Hernan
hgfontana's Tacoma Gallery
Did somebody test the "PLX Kiwi MPG Gauge OBDII Scanner and Code Reader toll" for sale in ebay? Looks pretty well in the add, but in real life...????
Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #16
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a kiwi bluetooth on the way. I'll let ya know if it works.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #17
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
KIwi does anything you want it to. Well you're right, the kiwi BT adapter doesn't calculate MPG, it doesn't calculate anything, it just sends data. Your software calculates.

Therefore, it will do anything you want. WOrks like a charm, for what its worth. I mean nothing anyone really would need, but it does what its supposed to. Fun toy.