LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Downsouth ICON Rear Bump Kit Group Buy for Gen. 2 Tacoma

Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Good news,
Those of you that were interested in the "GB" on the ICON bump kit..
They are "Officially" in the building..
Let us know if you have any questions and "Happy Holidays"..
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Downsouth Motorsports Group buy is on for ICON Rear Bump kit for Gen. 2 Tacoma's!!!!
Starting: Now 12-4-2012
Ends: 12-19-2012 at Midnight

They will be in stock 12-5-2012 and ready to be shipped.
Pricing will be via PM only and no pricing can displayed ever anywhere or the deal is off...
Looking to get around 8 to 10 people in on the deal..
The kits will be discounted significantly for this one time only!
Also these kits will work with stock springs and after-market spring packs
such as 1.5" and 2.75" lift rear spring packs.
They will not work with the "Flip Kits", but ICON is working on the strike plate to work with the "Flip Kits" and the plates should be available shortly. They will be an add-on and we do not have a cost on them yet.
But best bet is to get in on the "GB" and now and get the kit at a deal and purchase the strike plates later once they become available.

ICON Rear Bump kit part # 5-6103
Kit contains the following:
(2) Upper Mounts
(2) 2.0" ICON Hydraulic Bump Stops

(1) Lower Strike Plates
(1) Applicable Hardware

Shipping will be free via UPS Ground in the lower continental 48 states.
Excludes: Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and Alaska..
For the areas that are excluded in the shipping, contact us for a deal on the shipping.
Tw's in Canada, contact us for discounted shipping via USPS.
If you are located in California there will also be Cali sales tax.
Insert Name Below if you want in on the "GB":
1):
2):
3):
4):
5):
6):
7):
8):
9):
10):

PM us for any questions...
Thank you,
Sonny

Old 12-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
No one's getting these yet? Wish I had the $$.

This new rear system looks very similar to the raptor 3.0 system and is definitely badass!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
Already ordered mine
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #24
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! Waiting for pics and reviews!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #25
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I will try to remember them
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #26
213sleeper is on a distinguished road
213sleeper's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #27
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213sleeper View Post
pm sent
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
213sleeper is on a distinguished road
213sleeper's Tacoma Gallery
My order is placed. Sonny is super easy to deal with. I would suggest anyone who's interested in these get them before the GB is over and out of stock.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #29
Downsouth Motorsport

ICON BUMP Image

Officially in the building
Attached Thumbnails
Downsouth ICON Rear Bump Kit Group Buy for Gen. 2 Tacoma-icon-rear-bumps.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
nice .. any word on the u-bolt flip strike plates?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #31
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
As long as the Icon bump maintains the same geometry as the OE strike pad there should be no problem making it work with a flip kit. It may not be ideal, but I have had my bumps inverted for a couple years with zero issues (I do not jump the truck, but it does get it's share of high speed offroad use).

Old 12-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
As long as the Icon bump maintains the same geometry as the OE strike pad there should be no problem making it work with a flip kit. It may not be ideal, but I have had my bumps inverted for a couple years with zero issues (I do not jump the truck, but it does get it's share of high speed offroad use).
Yeah, that might be fine for rubber bumps (like I have now) because the rubber is hitting the frame and it won't damage anything if it's off a little bit when articulating.

These are real bumps and you don't want them striking the leaf pack unless it's a solid surface and large enough for the inconsistent strike zone.

They are making special plates, I'm just wondering if they are ready yet.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #33
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Yeah, that might be fine for rubber bumps (like I have now) because the rubber is hitting the frame and it won't damage anything if it's off a little bit when articulating.

These are real bumps and you don't want them striking the leaf pack unless it's a solid surface and large enough for the inconsistent strike zone.

They are making special plates, I'm just wondering if they are ready yet.
I get that. Just saying where there is will there is a way & trying to not stop people from getting these.

There are other companies besides Icon out there selling the strike plates for this exact application as well.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #34

Quote:
I get that. Just saying where there is will there is a way & trying to not stop people from getting these.

There are other companies besides Icon out there selling the strike plates for this exact application as well.
I've seen the other bump/can kits .. who is selling the strike plates?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've seen the other bump/can kits .. who is selling the strike plates?

I can't find the dam post on the other forum to save my life. While asking over there if anyone remembered where it was I was told by a little bird TC is very very close to releasing them. If your looking for them I would call TC if I were you.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #36
Downsouth Motorsport

No word as of yet from the boys at ICON....
Most likely will not hear anything until after the new year...
As soon as we hear something I will post it up...
Thanks,
Sonny

Quote:
nice .. any word on the u-bolt flip strike plates?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #37

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You must have small tires and short shocks to run a bump that small.....those fully compress to like an inch right?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #38

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Officially in the building
I wonder if the strike plate was placed under the flip plate it would work? Are the strike plates flat or curved?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #39
I received mine yesterday I will try to get pictures tomorrow during the install. If I get to do it