Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Downsouth ICON Rear Bump Kit Group Buy for Gen. 2 Tacoma

Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #41
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
I received mine yesterday I will try to get pictures tomorrow during the install. If I get to do it
Come on already!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #42
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Come on already!
I had to send stuff back icon messed up on some stuff but I got the bracket on the frame took like 2 hours to do those I only used an air hammer to remove the rivets but I could oost pics of the bracket s
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #43
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ok ladies the moment you have beeb waiting for. The dirtiest of all mikes has some pictures to share. It was dark out but tomorrow I will get better pictures. For the record it took me about 2 1/2 hours to cut the bump stop plates out and install the brackets. In the directions it says to cut a x on the rivets with a splitter disk. I didnt have to do that, I just use the air hammer with a chisel on it and cut the rivets of with that. Then used a pry bar to pop off thwle bump stop strike pad. After that I used the cut off wheel to cut down the excess of a rivet sticking out from the frame. From there I put the bumch bit on the air hammer and punched out the rivets. It went a lot easier than I was thinking it would. Well here are some ok pics for you guys
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #44
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Dirtiest of all Mikes.....i like that!

Looks clean man! Sounds like a pain in the ass to remove the rivets?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Dirtiest of all Mikes.....i like that!

Looks clean man! Sounds like a pain in the ass to remove the rivets?
I have never done it before. But I thought it was going to be a lot harder and it wasnt it was just time consuming. If you have a quality air hammer and quality bits for it and a good compressor you will be fine. Don't forget ear plugs