LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

05+ Tacoma Tail gate reinforcement group buy

Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
QUE BALL is on a distinguished road
QUE BALL's Tacoma Gallery
This is obviously a case of poor notice. I would have bought one if I had heard about this earlier. Only thing I can do now is hope I am on the referral list for the next time around. Count me still interested Send me a PM of future discounts.

QUE BALL
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the GB is over. Maybe someone can get some interest from a few members and then PM me and we'll run another in a month or two.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #24
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I might be in next month or so - gonna be having tax returns burning a hole by then I hope.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #25
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Don't say that (tax) word.
LOL right!?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #26
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Don't say that (tax) word.
y not? Im .mil and am a resident of another state that has no income tax. I LOVE t.. time!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry this didn't happen better. I have been worried about folding my tailgate by walking out on it, or by one day loading up my motorcycle. I will look you up and buy one full price if I have to because I think its worth it.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #28
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. I've been waiting for a GB like this and didn't see it til now.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #29
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eric said that if we can get 10 minimum guys interested we could try this again. The orriginal post offered up to 30% off if 30 or more people got on board. I'm in unless the sky falls, so let your taco friends know and we can try this again as long as we can rally the troops and get some $$ to throw at this.

If you bend your tailgate loading something mildly heavy you are going to need a new tailgate, pait job, AND you are going to want this so it doesn't happed again. SAVE YOURSELF $500 and just buy it before you bend the original. Jeez, I just sent him $550 for some skid plates, but that won't save my tail(gate).
Which skids did you get for that price?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Sorry this didn't happen better. I have been worried about folding my tailgate by walking out on it, or by one day loading up my motorcycle. I will look you up and buy one full price if I have to because I think its worth it.
No worries, I'm sure we can get it going another time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Damn. I've been waiting for a GB like this and didn't see it til now.
Whoops! Yeah, I bet there are plenty of people that will jump on it, just need to get better visibility and maybe some pre-interest from a few before starting the next.
Quote:
Eric said that if we can get 10 minimum guys interested we could try this again. The orriginal post offered up to 30% off if 30 or more people got on board. I'm in unless the sky falls, so let your taco friends know and we can try this again as long as we can rally the troops and get some $$ to throw at this.

If you bend your tailgate loading something mildly heavy you are going to need a new tailgate, pait job, AND you are going to want this so it doesn't happed again. SAVE YOURSELF $500 and just buy it before you bend the original. Jeez, I just sent him $550 for some skid plates, but that won't save my tail(gate).
I bent mine on my '07 2 months after I bought it... seeing a taco'd tailgate that new hurt really bad, was time consuming to get fixed, and then I still needed to reinforce like you said. Better off having it as insurance than bending it and adding one later like happened to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Which skids did you get for that price?
He got the mid and t-case to go with the IFS he already bought.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
CO_Steve is on a distinguished road
CO_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be in for the diamond plate model when the time comes.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #32
kramer is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
kramer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you can count me in for one. Can I get it in black?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #33
U no kea but AINOFEA!
I'm in
Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Hey you can count me in for one. Can I get it in black?
Standard is raw aluminum which you can leave as is or paint or powdercoat (can be painted any color you like but you need a good primer over raw aluminum) or in raw steel which is stronger but a bit heavier. YOU will have to paint the steel or it will rust on you, remember to paint both sides of it! See the first post on this thread for weights. I will go with steel for the strength, but aluminum will be easier to flip up...

Keep the requests coming so Eric knows we want this Group Buy to come back to life! I count 3 of us so far...... by the way I have nothing in this except I want my tailgate to last, and I like Relentless products.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
bigskygeo is on a distinguished road
Name: T-Bone
bigskygeo's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I just saw this too. Count me in for sure, 100% for the next attempt at a goup buy
Old 01-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #36
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed for any updates on reinforced tailgate GB.

dd
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #37
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
Was the issue fixed after a certain year?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
kramer is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
kramer's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. I want one if you can ship it to Canada. Undecided what material yet tho ,
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #39
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
I really like my steel one and would not trade it for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Bump. I want one if you can ship it to Canada. Undecided what material yet tho ,
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #40
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
Review of Tail gate reinforcement

Ok so I got the steel tailgate as I thought the extra weight over the back would help add traction and i liked the idea of a thinner profile.

Shipping and communication:
Both were great with a good reply time to emails.

Product itself:
very good quality but also fairly simple. does what it said it does and that is that. I've put some big loads on the tail gate and I dont worry about it bending. I also tested it before it was installed and it was alot more sturdy than i expected. It fits very well and i did not have to adjust anything after it was installed. something to be aware of is that the outside of the tailgate is rounded so the edges of the plate will not sit flush.

Install:
If it is steel you will need to paint it or find another way to keep it from rusting. I used a car primer followed up by a flat black enamel and a spray bed liner for the top. I Also bought some door trim from pepboys and put it on the edge of the plate that touches the outside of the tailgate. I would suggest you do to to keep it from gouging the paint.

pretty straight forward. I have a '13 so I don't know if is any different. I opted to reuse the plastic cover on the inside of the tailgate to keep it looking stock.

first take off the top plastic piece on the top of the tail gate, unscrew the mounting screws then it just pulls off (takes some force.)

Then unscrew the bolts holding the inside plastic cover on. The plastic cover you just removed has tabs they will need to be removed, I used a cut off wheel on a Dremel and it was way easy. Also the top holes on the plastic cover will need to be drilled out I used a 1/2" bit and it worked well. if you opt to not reuse the plastic you will need to drill the mounting holes to 1/2" if you want the screws to sit flush.

Next is put on the Tail gate reinforcement plate followed by the plastic and screw her down and load her up.

Over all i am happy with the product and with Relentless fab.

I am not happy how my paint job is holding up but that is my issue.

Ill post pics of it installed with in the next few days. If you have questions let me know I think this would be one of the best first mods to do to a Taco.