Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

05+ Tacoma Tail gate reinforcement group buy

Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #41
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
^You convinced me. I'm in if there's another group buy.
I also need to get some bed bars as a starting point for my spare tire mount.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #42
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Nimrod, You truck is looking good!

Swordknives, Thanks for the review, it is good to hear from an actual user.

I am in for one of these as well (as I mentioned about 4 times here), probably in steel to maximize the strength. As for paint, I will use a good primer and chassis paint on the inside to keep the rust away, but I want something durable on the exposed face.

I need something on the bed floor as well because stuff slides around way too much on the stock bed even when driving easy. So maybee get the bed floor and the tailgate sprayed with rhinoliner or a DIY version. Durability is important so I need something that will hold up to sliding wood boxed across it.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #43
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Nimrod, You truck is looking good!

Swordknives, Thanks for the review, it is good to hear from an actual user.

I am in for one of these as well (as I mentioned about 4 times here), probably in steel to maximize the strength. As for paint, I will use a good primer and chassis paint on the inside to keep the rust away, but I want something durable on the exposed face.

I need something on the bed floor as well because stuff slides around way too much on the stock bed even when driving easy. So maybee get the bed floor and the tailgate sprayed with rhinoliner or a DIY version. Durability is important so I need something that will hold up to sliding wood boxed across it.
Thanks, man.
I plan to coat it with Raptor Liner. As for stuff sliding around in the bed, a rubber bed mat is the way to go. Stuff will still slide on a sprayed in bedliner.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #44
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for the next GB! I definately want one of these. Everytime i pop my bike up there, the back wheel rests on the tailgate. I swear im going to smash it soon over a nasty bumb. Sub'd!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #45
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try out another GB in a few weeks so stay posted.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #46
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested if there was another attempt at a group buy. I just can't right now. Income tax, property tax, homeowners and auto insurance all hit last month and this month, so I am completely broke until at least March or April.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #47
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
So i said I would post pics so here you go.

Truck and tailgate are dirty do to a romp off road the other day she will get a bath this weekend but you guys are getting the dirty pics

from behind

good shot of an edge and the door molding I used

This shows an edge and the curve of the tailgate.

Tail gate open looking down

Side view you can also see the curve of the tailgate and the gap I mentioned. the Gap looks bigger in the pic than it really is (i cannot fit my little finger in the gap it is that small fwiw) and there is no play between the tailgate and the Plate.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #48
Gun Toting Hippie
SFyota is on a distinguished road

Army: Special Forces Medical Sergeant
SFyota's Tacoma Gallery
Eric, count me in on the GB when you start it. This is the Josh who ordered the aluminum IFS skid and bed bars today. Thanks for the quick reply and information as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #49
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

armyoffoo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested also, whenever the next one kicks off.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
kramer is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
kramer's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Are we any closer to a group buy ?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #52
j6shin is on a distinguished road
j6shin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested too if it's soon enough. I also take my motorcycles to the track and it lies on my short bed. I was wondering if it would be safe to use ST stands attached to tailgate?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #53
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So you guys want to get this going again? I think we're ready to do the GB if you'd all like. Lets get a list together now and then I'll send out a PM after we get at least 10 signed up. Payment all as a group, then I'll build the orders all at once.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #54
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #55
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Lets start a list to keep track.

GP List
1.Tacoma16
Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 AM   #56
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Steve
EasyDoesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Lets start a list to keep track.

GP List
1. Tacoma16
2. EasyDoesIt - 14ga Steel
Old 03-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #58
Scrotie McBoogerballs
armyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rougharmyoffoo is a jewel in the rough

armyoffoo's Tacoma Gallery
GB List
1. Tacoma16
3. mach1man001 - steel
4. armyoffoo - steel
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #59
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
GB List, Relentless, Tail Gate Reinforcment

1. Tacoma16
3. mach1man001 - steel
4. armyoffoo - steel
5. Desert Drifter - steel
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #60
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
GB List, Relentless, Tail Gate Reinforcment

1. Tacoma16-Aluminum
3. mach1man001 - steel
4. armyoffoo - steel
5. Desert Drifter - steel