Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

05+ Tacoma Tail gate reinforcement group buy

Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #141
tomwopat is on a distinguished road

tomwopat's Tacoma Gallery
Before installing make sure the lip that goes over the top of the tailgate will fit properly. I believe mine was damaged during shipping and did not do a "test fit" before paint and install. Needless to say a scratched/gouged the shizite out of my tailgate, then had to remove and attempt to bend it outward.

I also assume to reinstall the factory plastic cover (not the top piece), there are small tabs that need to be trimmed to install flushly.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #142
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Oops posted wrong message in wrong thread sorry.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #143
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwopat View Post
Before installing make sure the lip that goes over the top of the tailgate will fit properly. I believe mine was damaged during shipping and did not do a "test fit" before paint and install. Needless to say a scratched/gouged the shizite out of my tailgate, then had to remove and attempt to bend it outward.

I also assume to reinstall the factory plastic cover (not the top piece), there are small tabs that need to be trimmed to install flushly.
Don't feel bad, I scratched the crap out of mine too.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #144
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came on April 5th. I just got home yesterday and now have the fun of painting this thing (both sides) and then installing it. Rustoleum here I come!

And for the guy who posted that he scratched his paint: Sorry for you, but thanks for the tip! I will be sure to carefuly test fit mine before paint and alter it if needed. The package looks in good shape so I'm hoping I won't need to break out the hammers and backing blocks....
Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #145
loner tacomer is on a distinguished road
Name: Doug
loner tacomer's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in next group buy. What is the procedure to get in on this? If there is one.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #146
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner tacomer View Post
Interested in next group buy. What is the procedure to get in on this? If there is one.
Just add your name to the list, and you will get the discount code pm'd to you when the GB has closed. You then you order from the site adding the discount code to your order. Something like that.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #147
Thanks, who can start the list and who contacts Relentless Off Road for the group buy and discount?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #148
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner tacomer View Post
Thanks, who can start the list and who contacts Relentless Off Road for the group buy and discount?
Eric (Relentless Fab) will have to start another GB. I have no idea when he is going to do that, but keep an eye out, and when it starts up you just add yourself to the ongoing list. Once the GB finishes, you will get a pm, or notified someway off the discount code.

hope that helps.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #149
Thanks, I sent an email to Eric at Relentless Offroad to check on another group buy.Will send his reply when received.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #151
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
I am looking for something like this but without the lip (basically something to replace just the large plastic part with the hex bolts and not the top tailgate part if that makes sence). Do you make something like this without the lip?
I havent made anything like that. It would be purely cosmetic; it wouldnt add any strength to the tailgate. If interested, it may be a possibility though.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #153
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
I wouldnt it add any strength?
Because just being a flat sheet, it has no dimension to speak of. The bent covers that go over the lip get all their strength from those bends.
The plastic cover over that section would actually be more rigid than the flat aluminum (unless it was really thick like 3/8" plate)
Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #154
mizhop is on a distinguished road
mizhop's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys, and particularly RelentlessTaco! I truly hope I have not got here too late to get in on the last group buy for the tailgate reinforcement plate... I visited here some months ago, and wish I had now stayed a little closer in touch.

If I'm too late, will there be another group buy in the near future? Ohpleezeohpleeze...?

Thanks for all you do!
miz

Edit: I quickly perused the last few posts, and have already submitted my query on the Relentless Fab website, so hopefully it won't take too long for the next group to get started!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #155
Extrospec is on a distinguished road
Extrospec's Tacoma Gallery
Just now joined this forum to throw my hat into the group buy ring.