Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

wet okole seat covers

Old 03-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #181
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Put mine on the other day and not liking the fit on the rear drivers side. Has anyone had this problem? I am calling WO on Monday. Wondering if the straps weren't placed properly. Oh yeah, and exuse the crap on the floor.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #182
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrivpilot View Post
Put mine on the other day and not liking the fit on the rear drivers side. Has anyone had this problem? I am calling WO on Monday. Wondering if the straps weren't placed properly. Oh yeah, and exuse the crap on the floor.

Yeah, they should fit much better than that....
Old 03-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #183
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
Finally Recv'd and installed mine. I will post Pic's. Full Piping with the Lumbar. What do you guys think?
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #184
2006 Double cab TRD Sprot
Mat-taco06 is on a distinguished road

Mat-taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats to all you guys with the seat covers they look great. I am getting ready to order mine soon, but I had a question about the seat covers. Ive had other diff seat covers on my other car and they would tend to make me sweat when it was a hot day and if I was driving for a long time. Are these covers like that? has anyone had that problem yet? your answer would help my decision
Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #186
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine look the same way
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #187
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
Here are my pics. I've got the camo pattern in Realtree hardwoods green HD
I'm normally not a camo guy, but those look good.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #189
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hey Blue, I just saw your post in the group buy and you said you are experiencing the same thing? Have you called or contacted anyone from Okole? I sent a pic in and they are rechecking the design order. They said that it may occur if the front to back straps are too tight. I know I didnt ratchet them down too much. I am waiting for a call back from the design guy.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #190
kalib0y is on a distinguished road
kalib0y's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Mine look the same way
mine too
Old 03-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #191
kalib0y is on a distinguished road
kalib0y's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Blue, I just saw your post in the group buy and you said you are experiencing the same thing? Have you called or contacted anyone from Okole? I sent a pic in and they are rechecking the design order. They said that it may occur if the front to back straps are too tight. I know I didnt ratchet them down too much. I am waiting for a call back from the design guy.
Mine look the same way and I had them install them so they would know exactly what it is. I will drive back there again and have them look at it.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #192
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
Hey does anyone know what to do with the child's seat attachment cover on the passenger side in an access cab??? I just installed my camo okoles today and everything went well but they don't fit well around that little plastic cover. Maybe i should just cut some holes in the covers....yikes!!! I'll put up some pics tomorrow
It is designed for you to remove the plastic cover install the seatback tucking in the edges then put the plastic cover thing back over the seat cover. I broke the little plastic strip accross the top behind the hoop under the plastic cover so now the top of the cover has nothing to clip into. I just left the seat cover over the top of the plastic cover & that holds it in place. See pics 2,3,4,5 of my post of the previous page of this thread. You'll see what I mean. Take it off while doing the tucking. Also take the whole backrest piece out of the truck to make it easier to do the tucking, just be very careful pulling the top passenger side near the cover over the metal loop so it doesn't get broke. Nice floormats BTW.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #193
Red Sox Nation
Thanks for the info Kaliboy. Let me know how you make out. THanks!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #195
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I'm too lazy to call em back lol, but i had a major problem with my front seats but thats a different story. Chris4x4 said that heat will make the seat covers shrink and form...its been cold here since i got em so still waiting for that to happen. But I dont see it as a big problem for me, yeah it does look bad but they are not always perfect and sometimes these things will fit loose and we have the loose ones. How long have you had yours in?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #196
Red Sox Nation
Hey Blue, I've had them about a month. I agree, it's no so bad. I figure I can apply some velcro to the cover and then to the seat and that should work pretty well. I did call and wasn't impressed with the response. I spoke with Stephen, who sounds just like Spicoli on Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He said he was going to check with the design guy and get back to me. So far, I havent heard back yet. I figured that if others had the same issue, maybe they would address it.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #197
Quote:
Hey Blue, I've had them about a month. I agree, it's no so bad. I figure I can apply some velcro to the cover and then to the seat and that should work pretty well. I did call and wasn't impressed with the response. I spoke with Stephen, who sounds just like Spicoli on Fast Times at Ridgemont High. He said he was going to check with the design guy and get back to me. So far, I havent heard back yet. I figured that if others had the same issue, maybe they would address it.
Velcro sounds like a good idea that would work, I might try it. And as for having wet okole call ya back... Might not happen but who knows lol. Let me know how the velcro works out
Old 03-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #198
Red Sox Nation
Will do!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #199
Jimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimirich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimirich's Tacoma Gallery
Ocean Camo W.O. Seat Covers

I installed Wet Okoles two weeks ago.
I got the Ocean Camo color. Although it looks nothing like the web page sample, I saw them on a friend's Taco and liked the color. The install was about two hours. It went a lot easier than I thought 'cause most all the write ups I read were of a tugging and pulling struggle to get them on. Well judging by my ease of install and some of the pix here I would guess that W.O. has laxed their specs margin or quality control.
I am quite happy with seat covers, nonetheless.
I imagine one of the hardest things to do is to wait a few weeks to get something and then have ship part or all of it back because it does not meet our expectations. That is when most people lower their expectaions and let manufacuterers off the hook. When I see crappy fitting W.O.s I feel that Wet Okole should take them back (in brand new condition) and redo them for free. Free expedited shipping and free replacement of the part. Demand it. They can produce a new piece upon request and send it out when your defect arrives. For the price, and hype on the website, a customer with a defect should not have to wait for the defect to be received, fixed and then shipped back. They can then modify the defect and hang on to it until it will fill an order.
When you pay as much as we have for these products we expect them to be the "Shizz", not some crap thrown together in some Tijuana sweat shop. If I found my seat covers to be suffering from sloppy production, you bet I would be on the phone politely getting the previously mentioned recourse fulfilled.
Now let me get off my soap box.

I have some install tips, some of which may be repetitious and/or obvious.
1) No need to take the back seats out.
2) When installing the rear passenger side seat back, fold down the rear driver side seat.
3) When installing the front bottoms, resist the urge to run the straps all the way under the seat support wiring. I did run the straps under the first support wire they crossed.
4) Remove the driver side (door side) plastic "joint cover" for easier installation. I did not remove any platic from the passenger side and it was easy to install.
5) The headrest covers fit better with the velcro closure in the back of the headrest. Put the best fitting headrest covers in the front. I did not "buttonhole" the little plastic covers on the top of the seats. If you know where the adjustment buttons are you can squeeze them through the covers and the covers look a little better that way (imho).
6) I figured I would not be needing these seat covers for any other vehicle so I moved the slack retention buckles (what you tuck the leftover strap through to retain it) close to the buckles to be sure they would not slip over time. Then I cut the leftover straps to about three inches and burned the ends.
7) I used 3M velcro tape with industrial adhesive backing for the front seats to attach the front velcro to the platic part of the "carpet foldunder" that is part of the seat. Took a little guesstimation to get it right but it works fine.
I'm at work now, but I did take some pictures of the install and some of the finished product. I will post them later today.

In Hawaiian "okole" is a butt. More specifically it is the a%%hole, but okole is commonly used to mean butt.

I hope this post was of some use.
Jimi