View Poll Results: What color line?
Orange 8 20.51%
Silver (Charcoal) 20 51.28%
Green 5 12.82%
Blue 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I would want it probably more towards February... made a recent big purchase so need to build funds back up!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jake,
I'd like to get 80 Feet, 1 Gusseted Tube Thimble (Spliced)
When is payment due to you?

thanks Denis
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Wildcat View Post
Hey Jake,
I'd like to get 80 Feet, 1 Gusseted Tube Thimble (Spliced)
When is payment due to you?

thanks Denis
Added!

I think I'll request half of the payment when I place the order for the line, and the remaining half when I ship the line out.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
itsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
itsakeeper's Tacoma Gallery
I'll go for the 150' - I prefer orange but it really doesn't matter - as for splicing it's more like a chinese finger puzzle than actual splicing, you thread the loose end back through the middle onto itself and then separate the ends back to the outside, nothin to it - can be done with a bic pen in the field if you have to but a fid works better
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsakeeper View Post
I'll go for the 150' - I prefer orange but it really doesn't matter - as for splicing it's more like a chinese finger puzzle than actual splicing, you thread the loose end back through the middle onto itself and then separate the ends back to the outside, nothin to it - can be done with a bic pen in the field if you have to but a fid works better
Added!

Looks like the consensus is leaning towards the silver (charcoal) colored line..
As long as you follow Samson's recommended procedures, the splicing is super easy.

6 x 19 Wire Rope is another story..

Are you going to want thimble(s) also?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #26
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
lol - that silver/ charcoal is the Warn color great choice
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #27

FYI All..

Just listened to my voicemail... going to have to bump the 600 foot price up $0.10. Good news is that it'll only be about a two day turn around, since Samson is located right in the PNW!

I'm going up to Dutch Harbor on the 1st of February, so I think it'd be best to run the Group Buy until the 12th of Jan. Does that work for everyone??

Supplier also gave me a ball park of about ~ $18 on the gusseted tube thimbles, although I'll have a better idea of price when I place the order for line.

Thanks for bearing with me, sorry about the price hike..

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering, there are no additional costs for splicing eyes.

May be able to get wholesale pricing on shackles as well... If there is interest I'll check into it.

Lastly, if anyone is interested in some bigger diameter Amsteel - i.e. 9/16", 1" etc. I can look into what it will cost as well. I'm sure the price I'll get will be better that anywhere else..

Keep the orders coming, I'm amazed there's so much interest!

Thanks,
Jake
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #28
itsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the sheditsakeeper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
itsakeeper's Tacoma Gallery
only reason I picked orange is to make it easier to see at night and against the rocks - doesn't really matter to me - I don't need a thimble, thanks
If anyone in NS or NB is interested I can get the freight to Halifax taken care of
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #30
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Jake,
Thanks for doing this. I am very interested but worried about the timing for funds. Is it 1/12 or 2/12? OP says Jan but post 27 says Feb 12.

I am thinking 100' with a gusseted thimble but I would need your help with splicing because I know nothing about that.

Thanks Man!

edit: I voted orange but silver would be OK too.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #31
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Jake,
Thanks for doing this. I am very interested but worried about the timing for funds. Is it 1/12 or 2/12? OP says Jan but post 27 says Feb 12.

I am thinking 100' with a gusseted thimble but I would need your help with splicing because I know nothing about that.

Thanks Man!

edit: I voted orange but silver would be OK too.
Great! I was just starting to think that interest was waning...

Thanks for catching that date mistake..It's going to be ending 1/12. I'll be up in Dutch Harbor on the 1st.

I'll splice an end for ya too.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #33
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
Great! I was just starting to think that interest was waning...

Thanks for catching that date mistake..It's going to be ending 1/12. I'll be up in Dutch Harbor on the 1st.

I'll splice an end for ya too.
Thanks Buddy. I'm gonna tell friend about this (but I think he is really broke right now). He was thinking of doing something very similar last summer. I guess where he works (produce shipping to AK) they also ship a lot of other stuff up there by truck. And he see these 600' spools of synth line and found the source too I guess. Just couldn't generate enough interest amongst friends and fam.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #34
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Bump for a great deal
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #36
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
In for 100 ft, "better" SS Eye Thimble spliced on one end. Orange or Grey is fine with me
Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #37
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
We might have enough for a spool of gray and a spool of orange now.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #38

Okay all - looks like the list is updated. The amount of interest in this is GB continues to amaze me!

Just out of curiosity, I'm noticing that there are a few votes in the "Rope Color" poll from people that haven't expressed any interest in buying rope... Just wondering why you voted?

Thanks,

Jake
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
damn i need a second job