View Poll Results: What color line?
Orange 8 20.51%
Silver (Charcoal) 20 51.28%
Green 5 12.82%
Blue 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #41
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
hmmm youre leading me to bad choices...i did take out a loan thats just sitting there to build credit...

whens the group buy end im might can find a lil spare cash by then
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #42
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
hmmm youre leading me to bad choices...i did take out a loan thats just sitting there to build credit...

whens the group buy end im might can find a lil spare cash by then
I think this one might be ending on the 12th.

Good move on the loan; I've had one on my truck even though I can pay it off. Now is the time to start building your credit.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #43
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
im lookin at gettin a house next year and the loan officer told me that was the only other thing i could do to build credit, ill see if i can find a lil extra work to do before the 12th if i can ill let you know.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #44
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey all: Please see updated original posting..

I will be stitch-locking your spliced lines with Dyneema seizing twine, as well as purchasing a new Stainless Steel splicing fid, and thus will be adding $5 to each splice to cover the cost of twine and my fid.

Also, FYI... Following Samson's guidelines, splicing 3/8" Amsteel will require approximately 27.5" of "buried" line. Essentially, what this means is that your ordered lines will not be EXACTLY 80', 100', etc. Rather, your line will be 80' - 27.5" + whatever length wraps around your thimble (~6").

Just wanted to let everyone know, in case someone went to measure their finished line and it came out shorter than what was ordered.

Thanks! Let's keep this going!!

Last time I checked this price is $1.00/Ft. cheaper than anywhere else!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #45
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good point on the line length! Easily overlooked.

Can I buy the Dyneema 2.2mm seizing twine from you as well? I like to do my own splicing so that I can complete the task easier when out on the trail, but I know I don't have enough splicing line currently.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #46
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
Quote:
Hey all: Please see updated original posting..

I will be stitch-locking your spliced lines with Dyneema seizing twine, as well as purchasing a new Stainless Steel splicing fid, and thus will be adding $5 to each splice to cover the cost of twine and my fid.

Also, FYI... Following Samson's guidelines, splicing 3/8" Amsteel will require approximately 27.5" of "buried" line. Essentially, what this means is that your ordered lines will not be EXACTLY 80', 100', etc. Rather, your line will be 80' - 27.5" + whatever length wraps around your thimble (~6").

Just wanted to let everyone know, in case someone went to measure their finished line and it came out shorter than what was ordered.

Thanks! Let's keep this going!!

Last time I checked this price is $1.00/Ft. cheaper than anywhere else!

I would be willing to bump my order by 2 or 3 feet if others want to go that way.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #47
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #48
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborgie View Post
I would be willing to bump my order by 2 or 3 feet if others want to go that way.
Good idea,please update mine to 83'
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #50
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
So its a dollar a foot now?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
$1.60/ft

he was saying it's $1/ft less than other options
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #52
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
Crap
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
$1.60/ft

he was saying it's $1/ft less than other options
Yep, $1.60 a foot..

Okay all, working on adding 3 feet to those who have confirmed they want to do that.

If anyone else would like to add line to their original order to cover what is used for splicing, I'd be more than happy to edit your order quantity.

Let me know,

Jake
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdtaco View Post
Good point on the line length! Easily overlooked.

Can I buy the Dyneema 2.2mm seizing twine from you as well? I like to do my own splicing so that I can complete the task easier when out on the trail, but I know I don't have enough splicing line currently.
6 Spd.. depending on how much you want I could throw some in for a little extra $, I'll have to get back to you on price - probably ~ .25/foot
Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #55
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, $1.60 a foot..

Okay all, working on adding 3 feet to those who have confirmed they want to do that.

If anyone else would like to add line to their original order to cover what is used for splicing, I'd be more than happy to edit your order quantity.

Let me know,

Jake

I will do the extra 3 feet.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #56
Ringwraith is on a distinguished road
Ringwraith's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for 100 feet, with the "better" thimble, and I'd like you to do the splicing. Question though, what is/can be done on the end that attaches to the winch? Do you just wrap it around, or can you get a smaller thimble type thing to actually screw it in like you can with the cable winch line. Let me know a quote for shipping to 98295. Thanks!

Edit: Double my order please, my buddy wants the same setup.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #57
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
I'm down for 100 feet, with the "better" thimble, and I'd like you to do the splicing. Question though, what is/can be done on the end that attaches to the winch? Do you just wrap it around, or can you get a smaller thimble type thing to actually screw it in like you can with the cable winch line. Let me know a quote for shipping to 98295. Thanks!

Edit: Double my order please, my buddy wants the same setup.
Add the 3 extra feet per order for the splicing. Unless you dont really care if its 97' after the splicing.

The attachment to the winch can be done several ways. I personally like the WARN version best. http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/im...696_REV_A0.pdf
Check out the following parts on the diagram here.
29 1 CPSCR 1/4-20
30 1 76226 TERMINAL, KIT, (Includes #29)

basically you get the screw and the terminal. it is shaped like this
____
\_l_/ The rope loop goes around the cone shaped washer/ Terminal - then you screw it into the same spot your Steel Cable was screwed to.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #58
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I can pull it off my winch at some point in the daylight to photograph it if you want. I bet if someone grabed one and gave it to a maching shop, they could turn them out of round bar for a couple dollars. Not sure what WARN charges for it. I got mine with my rope.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #59
Mean Big Brother

eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I can pull it off my winch at some point in the daylight to photograph it if you want. I bet if someone grabed one and gave it to a maching shop, they could turn them out of round bar for a couple dollars. Not sure what WARN charges for it. I got mine with my rope.
Superwinch has a hole through the drum then you tape the rope to the drum.

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...n17423REVA.pdf
Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #60
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Warns new ZEON series is a pull through and a stopper . I guess it will be different for each manufacturer then.