Amsteel Winch Line and Hardware

View Poll Results: What color line?
Orange 8 20.51%
Silver (Charcoal) 20 51.28%
Green 5 12.82%
Blue 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #101
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a vid on it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GR4ihNLsw

in this vid here, he actually uses the SAME black eye on the synthetic line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwuHxGnTeQ

this one is the SAME EXACT one we are using
Old 01-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #102
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot about the holiday today..

Everything is boxed up and ready to go ASAP tomorrow!

Thanks,
Jake
Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #103
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And they are shipped!!

Should arrive in 4-5 days.

Thanks,
Jake
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #104
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jake!

It's just a little to cold to spool it!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #105

Kalamakid - thanks for getting in touch with me!

Proof that TW is an awesome community!

Jake
Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #106
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
My package was received yesterday. Thanks for everything Jake.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #107
Ringwraith is on a distinguished road
Ringwraith's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for everything Jake, this rope is awesome!

Also, for those interested, I found a cheap alternative to buying one of those winch line covers that normally come with synthetic line. It's 1" tubular nylon webbing, 40c a foot here. http://www.strapworks.com/Nylon_Webbing_p/tnw1.htm

I got it on my line today, looks good and should keep the rocks off it. It will also keep the sun off it too when it's spooled up.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
Thanks for everything Jake, this rope is awesome!

Also, for those interested, I found a cheap alternative to buying one of those winch line covers that normally come with synthetic line. It's 1" tubular nylon webbing, 40c a foot here. http://www.strapworks.com/Nylon_Webbing_p/tnw1.htm

I got it on my line today, looks good and should keep the rocks off it. It will also keep the sun off it too when it's spooled up.
Nice!! I might pick some up for myself, too.

Maybe round two I'll make up some custom tree savers/recovery straps..

Got a few boxes from ARB that should keep me busy for the weekend...
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #109
Ringwraith is on a distinguished road
Ringwraith's Tacoma Gallery

I was pm'd for a pic of what it looked like, so I'll post it here too. 1" is a pretty snug fit, so if you want it "loose", see if they have a larger size. I'm happy with mine though, probably going to put it on the truck tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #111
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine. Thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #112
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Platinum silver! Nice
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #114

Excellent..Glad everyone is happy with/receiving their rope!

That being said, pleas take the time to browse this page:

http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=190

Please take the time to understand the properties & breaking strength of 3/8" Samson Amsteel..

DO NOT use your synthetic rope on a winch fairlead that had been used with wire rope. Wire causes tiny grooves and burrs in fairlead surfaces, which will possibly cut strands in your rope and lead to a catastrophic failure.

Yes, it's a Jeep website; but this is a good off-road oriented guide to proper care and use of synthetic rope:

http://www.stu-offroad.com/recovery/...inchline-6.htm

Any questions/comments, feel free to post here or PM me. Hoping to do a second GB in a few months, maybe some custom soft shackles/winch extensions/tree savers??

And next time, I have to factor in PayPal fees in to my final price. Forgot to do that this go around..

Thanks!!

Jake
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #115
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
You could have peopple Western Union , Money Gram, Direct Deposit to your bank, Wire transfer, SEND CASH IN THE MAIL... Or set up a business with an online payment processor.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #116
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine!
Thanks, Jake.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:39 AM   #117
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You plan on selling more in the future?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #118

Possibly; not for a little while, though..

Stay tuned!
Old 02-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #119
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad I missed out on this one...