Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 2

Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Master Retrofitter @RECHELON/AESTHETICS
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Burt
ambiguous's Tacoma Gallery
THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 2

For anyone else that wants in on this, you have until Monday January 28th 7 AM PST. 25% off stage III kits and please add $10 for shipping. I will place the order with Matt @ TRS first thing Monday morning.

Thanks! My PayPal is
burt.truong@gmail.com

25% off:

FX-R Stage III
Mini H1 Stage III
Mini D2S Stage III

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

-Stage III complete kits
-no CBI's/SVS discount
-10 orders = 25% off
-ships when 10 orders are completed
-THIS RETROFIT IS PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM ME. WILL DROP SHIP FROM TRS
-shipping is flat rate of $10 within continental U.S.
-$30 shipping to Canada

info posted by buzzardsgottaeat
A lot of people get the mini (H1 or D2S) because they're easiest to install

FX-Rs are better quality but require free hand cutting of your light housing and a slightly more difficult aiming/securing process.

Blazers are for fogs, you have to cut/rig it up custom, no plug n play or bake n reseal there.

H4 headlights
H10 fogs (H11 for 2012s) are the sizes you need and the harness will be the H4/9003 iirc

H1 has been deemed a little brighter while D2S more even output. Most go with the H1 simply because its brighter but don't consider other factors. Matt and the guys at TRS mostly favor the D2S and I also like to point out that the larger shrouds fill our headlights better than the mini H1 and there is a greater selection.

3000k is yellowish and good for fogs for its ability to cut through adverse weather

4300k is like sunlight or stock color headlights and has the highest lumen count (brightest) of the available options

5000k will be whiter and is the highest TRS recommends.
6000k is also very white with a tiny bit more blue

Any higher temp is stupid because you lose light output and fatigue your eyes and others.

I always say 4300k is the way to go but can see how white/5000k has an appeal

The upside to a projector retrofit vs cheap hid bulbs in your stock light housing is mainly that it is higher quality and has a clean cut off line.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but that should be a good starting point for anyone who wants to start researching these.

please add your name to the most recent list.

Picture below is omac5's FX-R retrofit. (let me know if you want picture taken down)

Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
CO_Steve is on a distinguished road
CO_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
1. CO_Steve (mini H1)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
jcmartinez17 is on a distinguished road

Name: jc
jcmartinez17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
GROUPBUY WAS OK'ED BY MATT @ TRS

25% off:

FX-R Stage III
Mini H1 Stage III
Mini D2S Stage III

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

-Stage III complete kits
-no CBI's/SVS discount
-10 orders = 25% off
-ships when 10 orders are completed
-THIS RETROFIT IS PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM ME. WILL DROP SHIP FROM TRS

info posted by buzzardsgottaeat
A lot of people get the mini (H1 or D2S) because they're easiest to install

FX-Rs are better quality but require free hand cutting of your light housing and a slightly more difficult aiming/securing process.

Blazers are for fogs, you have to cut/rig it up custom, no plug n play or bake n reseal there.

H4 headlights
H10 fogs (H11 for 2012s) are the sizes you need and the harness will be the H4/9003 iirc

H1 has been deemed a little brighter while D2S more even output. Most go with the H1 simply because its brighter but don't consider other factors. Matt and the guys at TRS mostly favor the D2S and I also like to point out that the larger shrouds fill our headlights better than the mini H1 and there is a greater selection.

3000k is yellowish and good for fogs for its ability to cut through adverse weather

4300k is like sunlight or stock color headlights and has the highest lumen count (brightest) of the available options

5000k will be whiter and is the highest TRS recommends.
6000k is also very white with a tiny bit more blue

Any higher temp is stupid because you lose light output and fatigue your eyes and others.

I always say 4300k is the way to go but can see how white/5000k has an appeal

The upside to a projector retrofit vs cheap hid bulbs in your stock light housing is mainly that it is higher quality and has a clean cut off line.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but that should be a good starting point for anyone who wants to start researching these.

please add your name to the most recent list.

Picture below is omac5's FX-R retrofit. (let me know if you want picture taken down)

would you be doing the install or would this just be for the retros?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is just for the retrofit kit itself. If you purchase a retrofit through me, I have it priced with the kit already.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #5

1. CO_Steve (mini H1)
2. KJaikaran (mini D2s)
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the difference between the D2S 2's and 3's?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Whats the difference between the D2S 2's and 3's?
Not sure what you mean by D2S 2's and 3's
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently looking for someone local that can do the retrofit for me otherwise you could add me to the list now. Great timing
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
If it involves opening the headlight and resealing it, then the answer to your question is yes. Yes it will become prone to ocndensation/fogging inside the housing.

seal it properly and your ok. splash puddles and what not are ok.. i wouldnt go diving with ur truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
My question about these: When folks do the BHLM, they say it may suddenly become prone to water and condensation in the housing. Does the same go for this? Are mud puddles and water safe?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiguous View Post
Not sure what you mean by D2S 2's and 3's
Well i see there's the version 3.0's and version 2.0's on TRS
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Well i see there's the version 3.0's and version 2.0's on TRS
Mini D2S 3.0 has not been released. If you've read about it on HIDplanet - yes a revised version is being worked on. If it's an older post about a 3.0 - typo or error on the OPs info.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #14

1. CO_Steve (mini H1)
2. KJaikaran (mini D2s, Gatling Gun, 5000k, no glue)
3. RMeserole12 (mini H1, Gatling Gun shroud, 5000k bulbs, halos, glue)

Please feel free to add yourselves.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
cscott4 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
cscott4's Tacoma Gallery
1. CO_Steve (mini H1)
4. cscott4 (Mini H1)

Please feel free to add yourselves.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man, TRS GBs from two fronts!

Maybe the Forester needs some . . . hmm.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
blizz86 is on a distinguished road
blizz86's Tacoma Gallery
Blizz86 over from t4r.org, and i also posted a message over there about this.

I am interested in a set of the FXR stage III ..

so its 25% off of the 315 correct?

And can i pick it up from you? Im located in irvine, neighbor

FXR (LHD, 3" lens if possible?)
3five ballast, 3five bulb 5000k
gatling gun 2.0 shroud (these would fit the 3" fxr right?)
9003/h4 harness (4runner here )
and no glue
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
blizz86 is on a distinguished road
blizz86's Tacoma Gallery
a friend of mine is going to be ordering through me

1. CO_Steve (mini H1)
4. cscott4 (Mini H1)
5. blizz86 (fxr stage 3 3" lens LHD, gatling gun 2.0, 35w ballasts + 5000k bulbs, 9003/hb2/h4 harness, no glue)
6. blizz86 (fxr stage 3 2.5" lens LHD, e46-r extended shrouds, 35w ballasts + 5000k bulbs, 9006 harness, glue)
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #19

Price is correct. You are welcomed to pick up from me in Santa Ana or I can ship to you directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizz86 View Post
Blizz86 over from t4r.org, and i also posted a message over there about this.

I am interested in a set of the FXR stage III ..

so its 25% off of the 315 correct?

And can i pick it up from you? Im located in irvine, neighbor

FXR (LHD, 3" lens if possible?)
3five ballast, 3five bulb 5000k
gatling gun 2.0 shroud (these would fit the 3" fxr right?)
9003/h4 harness (4runner here )
and no glue
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #20

1. CO_Steve (mini H1)
4. cscott4 (Mini H1, XB35 5000k bulb upgrade, E46R extended shroud, h4 harness)
5. blizz86 (fxr stage 3 3" lens LHD, gatling gun 2.0, 35w ballasts + 5000k bulbs, 9003/hb2/h4 harness, no glue)
6. blizz86 (fxr stage 3 2.5" lens LHD, e46-r extended shrouds, 35w ballasts + 5000k bulbs, 9006 harness, glue)[/QUOTE]

Only 4 more!