Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

35 gal fuel tank group buy

Old 02-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #141
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
These things normally ride until there are enough people ready to buy. Could take months.

I would contact them directly when you are ready to make a purchase though. Just to see what the difference is. 1800 is what the price is in the thread where it was created. 1800- 2500 is a BIG gap. 700 to be exact. If you have access to the raw materials, plate steel, I would look at possibly bartering with them on providing the material and they do the rest and see what kind of break you get.

2 months ago, a buddy had 3 huge sheets of 14 gauge and 4 x 16 gauge steel he wanted gone off his property. If I had storage area for them, I would have snagged them. Instead,. craigslist they went for $100 total. They were on his property when he bought the place.

If I had the space, and a welder - I would have tried to tackle this project myself. With all the pics posted, the design looks straight foreword and replicating it would be fairly trouble free. They worked out the kinks already, even the skid plate. *going to archive the thread just in case it is pulled for trade secrets*

Most of the money being charged is for the man hours labor.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #142
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post

Yes

Maybes
1.bulhas(joe)(need to look at finances at end of the month)
2.Blygy Bill)( depending on when this ends.. I have a wedding at the end of March)

Now do we know lead times, do we know a closing date??
Bulhas I may be in a position to share shipping with you depending on timing..
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #143
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
so, maybe you can tell ive never started or run a group buy thanks for your input. insted of a list in the first post i said just pm me your interest. but yes this could take a while to get even a few people. i think the saving are worth the wait though. i have a thread in expedition portal with pretty much the same things said their as well,to much money,i could make that for 300.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #144
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
No problem steve, Bad timing for me though. This time of year kills me, holidays, and birthdays til the end of march. Then its clear for a few months.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #145
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve103 View Post
so, maybe you can tell ive never started or run a group buy thanks for your input. insted of a list in the first post i said just pm me your interest. but yes this could take a while to get even a few people. i think the saving are worth the wait though. i have a thread in expedition portal with pretty much the same things said their as well,to much money,i could make that for 300.

its all good dude, its why i started a list for you, i seen you were struggling, might want to include on the first page that these tanks actually hold in excess of 40 galllons, add some pictures too, I am geniuely interested and will help you keep this thread clean and on topic, I have no problem waiting IMO, but id like to atleast know the lead times, if you have any questions regarding further set up let me know mang
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #146
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
hmmmm ill keep my eye on this, I can get the long ranger TR63 from ARB for aorund 1400 before shipping, but its no guarantee it even fits, it carries 140L which is 37gal, so not a huge difference

But with a little ingenuity and taking the bed off the truck I could make the long ranger mounts it need and it wouldnt be that much more

ill sub for now, I think the price is a little steep, but I am always looking for a way to save a few hours in my life :P
Long ranger won't fit. Not from the hilux anyway. Frame rails are slightly narrower. Latest overland journal said that they unveiled at sema one for the tacoma, but when I called to double check the info, no one could verify it. If I had the cash I'd be all over this.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #147
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Long ranger won't fit. Not from the hilux anyway. Frame rails are slightly narrower. Latest overland journal said that they unveiled at sema one for the tacoma, but when I called to double check the info, no one could verify it. If I had the cash I'd be all over this.
links?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #148
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Subbbed for later viewing
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #149
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
links?
Verified long ranger info over the phone. What we're you wanting a link to?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #150
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
nevermind then. Normally anything unvieled at SEMA is on the net or through one of the SEMA websites or partners.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #152
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
nevermind then. Normally anything unvieled at SEMA is on the net or through one of the SEMA websites or partners.
Yeah I haven't for d anything anywhere to coroborate that info. Which I was extremely bummed about. That's a great system too. I'm still crossing my fingers that they just forgot about me over there.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #153
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in contact with ARB USA multiple times a year and have been asking for one for years.