1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

THE RETROFIT SOURCE FX-R / Mini GROUP BUY (only need 10) ROUND 3

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by ambiguous, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    ambiguous

ambiguous [OP] Master Retrofitter @RECHELON/AESTHETICS Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt
    Portland, OR to SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD
    Tracking info sent to those that did not get it via PM.

Should be it! Thanks everyone!

2. Feb 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    Cruzs2013SR5

Cruzs2013SR5 Cruzito

Member:
    First Name:
    Cruz
    OAK HARBOR, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4X4 TEXAS EDITION
    Retrax Tonneau Cover Fox 2.5 Coilovers F/B JVC system with amp Power Block for external lights. PoP N Lock (electric) Python Alarm w/Remote Start
    Awesome, good luck with the install. Wanna see some more pics, please.

3. Feb 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Well i would but im current at work, away from them, i will say that they are packaged extremely well, they are crisp and this weekend im looking forward to getting them completed.

4. Feb 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    DaleGribbs

DaleGribbs Active Member

Member:
    Hah, yea.. I'm only an hour away. I was tempted to call to see if I could just pick it up.

5. Feb 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    pchan87

pchan87 Member

Member:
    got it thanks

6. Feb 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    Slesse

Slesse Tacoma level 27

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Port Coquitlam
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Pro Comp Rims;32" Duratrack Tires; OME heavy duty lift in rear; 2" spacer lift in front; custom raised bed in box; Lear canopy; grillcraft grill; Rosen Head unit; Trail gear sliders; Tinted windows all around; Intermittent Wipers; White LED dash; Deactivated seat belt buzzer; Blue Sea Fuse panel; BAMF light bar running 4 Lightforce 170's (2 HID); FX-R retro HID's 4300k, with amber halo's, BHLM with black reflector bowl; stealth mode; Fenix Hide-a-way flashers as DTRL's; VIAIR OBA kit with 2.5 gal tank; 14" Magnaflow stainless steel cat back exhaust; de-badged; Hybrid badge applied; seasonal 4wheel camper "Fleet"
    Got all my stuff last night! Thanks, packing job was great!!

Although, I was dry fitting things last night and a clip came off the shroud... I think it will be okay though. There are 4 other clips and i might add some glue. Also, I was putting the clip that powers the light on and one of the tabs broke off the light. I was being very careful and it still broke, not happy :'(. It still seems to hold okay though.

I have a couple of questions regarding the halos. How to you attach them to the shroud? just silicone? Also, how do you hide the wires that come out of it? Lastly, I would like to know how you wire the halos independently. the kit comes with a splitter to feed the halos with power, but how do you wire them up to a separate switch.

Thanks for your help.

7. Feb 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
  8. Feb 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    Slesse

Slesse Tacoma level 27

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Port Coquitlam
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Pro Comp Rims;32" Duratrack Tires; OME heavy duty lift in rear; 2" spacer lift in front; custom raised bed in box; Lear canopy; grillcraft grill; Rosen Head unit; Trail gear sliders; Tinted windows all around; Intermittent Wipers; White LED dash; Deactivated seat belt buzzer; Blue Sea Fuse panel; BAMF light bar running 4 Lightforce 170's (2 HID); FX-R retro HID's 4300k, with amber halo's, BHLM with black reflector bowl; stealth mode; Fenix Hide-a-way flashers as DTRL's; VIAIR OBA kit with 2.5 gal tank; 14" Magnaflow stainless steel cat back exhaust; de-badged; Hybrid badge applied; seasonal 4wheel camper "Fleet"
    Where did you get the clear lenses for the DTRL?

9. Feb 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    ambiguous

ambiguous [OP] Master Retrofitter @RECHELON/AESTHETICS Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt
    Portland, OR to SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD
    They come that way on the DEPO aftermarket headlights.

10. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    They do have a very light amber tint that doesn't show in the picture.
    My Nikon L810 has horrible color balance.

11. Mar 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Cruzs2013SR5

Cruzs2013SR5 Cruzito

Member:
    First Name:
    Cruz
    OAK HARBOR, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4X4 TEXAS EDITION
    Retrax Tonneau Cover Fox 2.5 Coilovers F/B JVC system with amp Power Block for external lights. PoP N Lock (electric) Python Alarm w/Remote Start
    Anyone else install their RETROS yet? I am still waiting on shrouds before mine ships. I would sure like to see some more pics?:)

12. Mar 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Arrived today.

Need to get the bucks together for a new set of housings for the '04 Rav4... no cheap deals on those, $250+ from any source.

13. Mar 5, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    03tacoman

03tacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2003 Sr5 v6 Ext Cab
    can someone help me with a link to how these are installed on an 03 thanks

14. Mar 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    Slesse

Slesse Tacoma level 27

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Port Coquitlam
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Got mine mostly installed, also did the BHLM. Just have to finish wiring everything (halo's and high beams) clean up the wiring and then reseal the lights. I've been working on this for 2 sundays and a couple of nights after work during the week. so far pretty easy to follow, although I fucked up a few times when taking the adjustment screws out. oops.

Pics to follow when I finish. I'm hoping to wrap things up on saturday.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  15. Mar 18, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    Slesse

Slesse Tacoma level 27

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Port Coquitlam
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Here's mine

[​IMG]

lights on

[​IMG]

16. Mar 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    Cruzs2013SR5

Cruzs2013SR5 Cruzito

Member:
    First Name:
    Cruz
    OAK HARBOR, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4X4 TEXAS EDITION
    They look good guys, cant wait to get started on mine when i get home!!

17. Apr 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    Cruzs2013SR5

Cruzs2013SR5 Cruzito

Member:
    First Name:
    Cruz
    OAK HARBOR, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4X4 TEXAS EDITION
    Ok, so i am home now and i was looking at my kit. I installed the fog lights and they look amazing! They are so much brighter than my headlights, its crazy bright.( yes i did the easy ones first. Anyway i was looking at my headlight kit and was wondering why i have two harness with 2 ballast and 2 battery wires on each harness when i only have one headlight to mod on each side? Cant seem to find any definitive answer on this, not even on youtube. Will i not be using one?

18. Apr 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    08t4r

08t4r New Member

Member:
    Did the fog lights use a harness? If not, that would be my guess as to where it goes.

19. Apr 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    Slesse

Slesse Tacoma level 27

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Port Coquitlam
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Okay, I've got a problem now. I first installed my lights with no issues, used all wiring that came with the kit.

[​IMG]

I took it out for one drive and now one halo is dimmer than the other. (Drivers side is dimmer)

[​IMG]

I haven't had a lot of time to deal with this and my truck is not insured so I rarely drive it. My first thought was that maybe the voltage regulator is fried.
    Last night I took the head lights off and swapped the regulators, bam i did this and now the other light is dim, indicating to me that the regulator is fried. I then took in appart to see what was inside and again found the fired regulator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's hard to in this photo, but one of the pieces looks cooked and half is coming off the board.

So, my question is since I bought them here on the group by how do I do about warrantying this? I have a trip coming up on May 17th and I would really like to have my truck back together and working for that.

20. Apr 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Cruzs2013SR5

Cruzs2013SR5 Cruzito

Member:
    First Name:
    Cruz
    OAK HARBOR, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4X4 TEXAS EDITION
    I didnt use a harness for the fogs, but you got me thinking now. Was i suppose too? It works fine the way it is on the truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top